Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisey Prop Shaft

crphillips

For the first five mins of driving my 2007 Hilux i get a rattle from the prop shaft. Once the engine has warmed up it dissapears.......i've never though anything of it but lately i'm sure it's getting worse........it's going in for a service next week so i can get it worted if it's a problem but i thought i'd ask you guys if you have the same thing and if it's normal or not?

For the first five mins of driving my 2007 Hilux i get a rattle from the prop shaft. Once the engine has warmed up it dissapears.......i've never though anything of it but lately i'm sure it's getting worse........it's going in for a service next week so i can get it worted if it's a problem but i thought i'd ask you guys if you have the same thing and if it's normal or not?

You sure its the prop? Not the injector rattle that most of the 3.0s were affected with?

Not sure......it could be......injector noise would make better sense because if it was the prop shaft is see no reason why it would improve with engine temp whereas this injector knocking would.

It's a difficult noise to explain......it basically sounds like the really old diesel engines.....you know the old diesel chuckle...............it completely dissapears when the engine is upto temp................i'm sure it didn't do it when i bought it.....it only seemed to start happening when the weather got colder.

Not sure......it could be......injector noise would make better sense because if it was the prop shaft is see no reason why it would improve with engine temp whereas this injector knocking would.

It's a difficult noise to explain......it basically sounds like the really old diesel engines.....you know the old diesel chuckle...............it completely dissapears when the engine is upto temp................i'm sure it didn't do it when i bought it.....it only seemed to start happening when the weather got colder.

Yeah, thats injector rattle - a common problem that the dealer should know about. They'll book it in for a couple of days to replace the injectors under warranty.

More info here

http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/index.php?showtopic=6059

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links