Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Opinions Please

chaycore

Considering changing the wheel colour to red, something a bit different, the other option is black but red seems to stand out more!

n579125150_5377998_51221.jpg

the other thing i want to do is black out the headlight surrounds, ive seen plenty of guides online detailing how to do it, but never seen it done to a T-Sport.

anyone tried it?

Chay

You asked for an opinion:

1. Don't do the red wheels :eek::sick: IMO

2. No idea on the headlight surrounds sorry

;)

^^

What he said :lol:

I like this effect but not the whole alloy

C-One_SA70Wheels.jpg

Guest The-Nark
Considering changing the wheel colour to red, something a bit different, the other option is black but red seems to stand out more!

Chay

You have asked the opinion of a Northerner.................

It looks a pile of s :censor: te in Red

you did ask

You have been Narked!

i can tell you now if you black the headlight backs its going to give it the appearance of some serious black eyes! hahahaha

however, as you have a grey TS, you could always go grey with the headlight backings ;).

give me 30 mins and i shal show you both options.

as for the wheels! eek......steer clear of red.

oh dear, even with a very lame 2 second photo shop theyre disgusting in both grey and black :( please dont do it!!!!

black...

Ts-blacklights.jpg

grey...

ts-greylights.jpg

give me 30 mins and i shal show you both options.
oh dear, even with a very lame 2 second photo shop theyre disgusting in both grey and black :( please dont do it!!!!

A whole minute longer than you said you'd take... try harder next time! :P :lol:

But agreed on the headlights!! :sick:

haha i wasnt even paying any attention to time. ive been telling my friend whos got a dog of a '56 clio (been in the renault garage for a month solid with them trying to fix it) to buy a rolla or auris diesel.

but deffo dont do it. its prob one of the most disgusting examples of a car not to do this mod on.

lol, thanks for the opinions guys :D

the red was just an idea, seeing as im going to have a spare set of alloys kicking around for a while, could get some older tires on and use it for track days ect. the lights im still up in the air about.. ive seen it done on some other cars and it does suit em (st170 focus lights vs standard focus) but ill need to look in more detail as to what will actually be sprayed and what will remain chrome.

might get the wheels done in a dark grey/black but black will most likely end up making it look like steelies :|

chay

to the best of my memory ive chopped exactly what wil be sprayed... so its not gonig to look any better, just a bit neater. lol.

just have a spare set of lights handy for when you decide its rank. ;)

to the best of my memory ive chopped exactly what wil be sprayed... so its not gonig to look any better, just a bit neater. lol.

just have a spare set of lights handy for when you decide its rank. ;)

i am tempted to buy a light from the scrappy just to give it a test on.. althou itll be an expensive "test" if it doesnt work. im just not a big fan of anything chrome on cars, even considering getting the toyota badges done in black! let the hate mail commence haha!

Black rims with a red pinstripe will look very good!

If you really like some rims but they dont't have the pinstripe, most paint-shops may be able to put them on for you.

:)

If you really like some rims but they dont't have the pinstripe, most paint-shops may be able to put them on for you.

yea, i quite like that style too. i was thinking, could always get the stuff they put on motorbike wheels (that puts the strip round the edge) to try it to see if i like it

yea, i quite like that style too. i was thinking, could always get the stuff they put on motorbike wheels (that puts the strip round the edge) to try it to see if i like it

Sounds good!

Inform us upon progress! :D

MY OPINION is those red wheels look stupid and make the car look cheap! it would look ok if it was an old car but its not in your case! lol

i want to get my alloys refurbed and resprayed to gun metal grey (same colour as my car) and a chrome lip! my alloys look really nice when they are dirty! lol

if you want to make it stand out then get black wheels with a red lip on there, drop the car and it will haev a nice jdm look. dont go for all red they look a bit cheap.

as for the headlight tinting was considering it, tried to tint the headlamp covers as a guide but wasnt happy. Then thought about spraying the inside as i saw a corolla on the aussie forum but opted out as it may not look to good in the flesh.

on your colour car mate, i'd go with black rims with red lip

or black on the front and red on the inside of the wheel (dunno wot that would look like just an idea that popped in to my head)

instead of doin the surrounds of lights, try some way of smoking the headlights, that would look good on yours.

as for the tape stuff to do the rim, hope you got lots of patience cos my mate did that on his bike an it's not as easy as you'd think lol.

Its really hard to photoshop those front light surroundings. I have seen one black sportivo in au forum that had black surroundings and it looked really good. That photoshop version looks pretty bad, in real life its much better.

on your colour car mate, i'd go with black rims with red lip

or black on the front and red on the inside of the wheel (dunno wot that would look like just an idea that popped in to my head)

instead of doin the surrounds of lights, try some way of smoking the headlights, that would look good on yours.

as for the tape stuff to do the rim, hope you got lots of patience cos my mate did that on his bike an it's not as easy as you'd think lol.

tried the smoked headlamps have a look at my sig car domain page, i went for the safe and cheap option bought some oem headlamp covers for our car they clip on and cover the headlight so they can be removed, but the smoke effect just doesnt suit the car they look to dark and ruin the hid effect and make your headlights look green.

spraying the inside housing is a better bet get a spare pair but i would leave it out on a grey car.

Those complete red ones are a joke! my brother used to buy those alloys for every car he owned on Gran Turismo 2 (ps one)

Black or Gunmetal Grey would look awesome on your coloured car. try with a red lip/rim or even a neon or royal blue...

what size were you thinking about upgrading to?

Do tyres for 16's tend to be more expensive than 17's?? just something i heard

I need a replacement centre cap for mine :( who would be best to ask Mr T or Parts King?

I need a replacement centre cap for mine :( who would be best to ask Mr T or Parts King?

Both... the center caps aren't too expensive so Parts King's discount may be outdone when postage is added compared to Mr T ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links