Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J A E 2009 (attendees)

GIDDLEPIN

Ahhhhhh so thats what I am not doing right............. Must remember to BLINK!!!!!!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDDLEPIN

• Hou

• JappyBeast

• Norfolk n Chance

Ahhhhhh so thats what I am not doing right............. Must remember to BLINK!!!!!!

Either do that, or, Close your eyes, lay back and dream of England :P ;) :lol:

Steve.... I don't think TOC is that type of club ;) :lol:

I thought that is why you joined and are going to JAE Steve ;) :lol:

I thought that is why you joined and are going to JAE Steve ;) :lol:

You promised you would not mention that :crybaby:

KEEP ON TOPIC OR I WILL CLOSE THIS THREAD :P :lol: :lol:

Sorry Mistress ;) ....................Just passing the time waiting for the ball to roll my way :P ;) :lol:

Sorry Mistress ;) ....................Just passing the time waiting for the ball to roll my way :P ;) :lol:

I can tell you that the cane did hurt when Ash gave it :crybaby::naughty:

:oops::offtopic:

I can tell you that the cane did hurt when Ash gave it :crybaby::naughty:

:oops::offtopic:

Lol, I prefer the bull whip!!! :P the funny part is that the peeps that know me and I mean really know me......know that I am not joking ;)

Ha ha @ Mistress.......oh if only you knew!!!! lol

Oh....................But I DO know :naughty::laughing::nono:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ

This years JAE looks to be a well supported event for Toyota Owners Club with a potential attendance of nearly 40 cars!! :thumbsup:

I will be booking the pitch with camping area next week for 50 cars but there is something that needs addressing.

Please look HERE

You will see this paragraph

All funds for subscribing will go to pay for yearly events such as JAE (food and gate fee not included) some TOC livery for your rides and of course towards running costs for this forum.

The Supporters club is in its early stages and as such there are insufficient funds to provide any facilities for this years stand. It wouldn't be fair to those contributing so far to subsidise none paying members for the event so there will be a charge made to none "supporter" members, alternatively you can join the Toc Supporters and this will cover our stand facilities, otherwise we will just have a stand full stop :(

Stand entry only will be £3:00 for none paying members (Can be paid on arrival) any additional fees for facilities will be worked out once we have prices.

I will do the best I can with what we have got as I do every year but would love to make it better than a Toc car park ;)

Les

Thats cracking Les, as soon as I have some cas I will become a supporter, even though I do not have a Toyota (at the moment ;) )

Cannot wait for this, we will make this awesome!

Just became a supporting member :thumbsup:

ps how long does it take before i can access the members forum and who do i need to contact for new toc stickers? ;)

didnt realise that we couldnt camp on the stand, its got to be in the camping areas :(

This was discussed at the Club Reps Meeting and agreed for reasons of safety that NO CAMPING WILL BE ALLOWED ON CAR PLOTS. All tents must be pitched on defined and reserved camping areas (see booking form) or in areas marked for General Camping or Quiet Camping (10pm curfew)

didnt realise that we couldnt camp on the stand, its got to be in the camping areas :(
This was discussed at the Club Reps Meeting and agreed for reasons of safety that NO CAMPING WILL BE ALLOWED ON CAR PLOTS. All tents must be pitched on defined and reserved camping areas (see booking form) or in areas marked for General Camping or Quiet Camping (10pm curfew)

Yes but........

CLUB RESERVED CAMPING

To prevent the overuse of Club pitches as camping areas it is now possible to reserve your own camping area at JAE. This will

be adjacent to your club stand and will be reserved exclusively for your use. We hope this will give JAE a much more car

orientated and less tent camping orientated feel and improve the show for the clubs, the visitors and make it easier for the

organisers as well as making it a much safer event. People will be able to walk around cars without fear of slipping on a guy

rope!. The fee is £20 for an area 20m x 20m

Yes but........

CLUB RESERVED CAMPING

To prevent the overuse of Club pitches as camping areas it is now possible to reserve your own camping area at JAE. This will

be adjacent to your club stand and will be reserved exclusively for your use. We hope this will give JAE a much more car

orientated and less tent camping orientated feel and improve the show for the clubs, the visitors and make it easier for the

organisers as well as making it a much safer event. People will be able to walk around cars without fear of slipping on a guy

rope!. The fee is £20 for an area 20m x 20m

Cool cheers les, so does the 3 quid a car (for non supporters) or the supporters getting it for nothing cover both their area on the stand and also a camping pitch? Thinking about it 20mx20m wont be too bad size providing people dont bring massive tents

Just nicked this from JNE!

Just for peoples benefit i went to the JAE meeting yesterday representing another club and the area that we have for the event is huge. Dont pay attention to any of the wicksteed maps you`ll find on the net because they dont show its true potential.

Copied from the post i made on another forum:

The idea for this year is to become more of a community and not so much individual groups. Because there are near by residents overlooking the park there is a 12pm curfew. This doesnt mean we all have to go to bed but it means there cant be any loud music being played from cars and driving around. There is a large hall being used for where the band and disco will be which has a bar inside and that will be running until the early hours for those that want some entertainment and not sit in silence at the stand. There is also the idea of an auto jumble being arranged for the saturday so people will be able to sell any bits they have knocking around.

The go-karting will possibly be turning into a group activity at some point over the weekend. Andy Barnes from Sumo Power is part organising JAE this year and i met him earlier at the meeting. He also part organises the Time Attack series and he`s looking at getting some form of Time Attack event on the go-karting with teams of 5 one of which has to be a girl and will be a race involving pit stops to change drivers and so on. Basically to try and bring people closer together. The other events are basically the same as what Kerby listed on the first post of this thread. There will also be the usual trade village so you can buy all your goodies there if you spot any.

Wicksteed has also offered JAE attendees a discount on wristbands for the park if you wish to use the rest of the park but if you wish to take advantage of this then you need to come out of the park and go back round to the public entrance.There is one area of the park with the log flume, rollercoaster and go-karts that is specifically for JAE use too. The area that has been given to the event will be closed off to the public and if they wish to get in and view the show they will have to pay. This is to avoid random people coming in for no reason and doing anything they shouldnt be doing. When you arrive at the park you do not have to pay or produce your tickets at the main gate. Purely say you`re there for JAE and you will get let in straight away. There will be 2 entrances into the event location which i will mark on the map further down. Be warned though. The bottom entrance has 1 speed bump which isnt too offensive but the main entrance round which they want us to use has a lot of speed bumps and they are rather offensive. I scraped the sh*t out of my exhaust on every one of them and theres about 10/12 going to the stands so be warned.

sm_map.jpg

Orange - This is the main entrance that they want people to use

Blue - This is the other entrance that you can use but it goes past our stand which i`ll post up further down

Red - Red is basically our event area and anyone not part of the show that wants to come in will have to pay to get in

Yellow dot - This is going to be the new and bigger show and shine event in the car park

Purple dot - This is the main ticket office where you will produce your JAE pass NOT at the main entrance when you arrive

Black dot - This is where the trade village is going to be as its most central

Green dot - This is where the fireworks on Saturday night will be fired from and will be fired over the lake to avoid damage to cars

Places i havent marked are the blue entrance ticket office, mainly because they didnt tell us at the meeting where its going to be. On the map you`ll see some buildings with the letter C marked next to them. This is called the Hexagon and this place serves food ONLY to JAE attendees and will be open until late at night. There will also be a number of food vans during the event for those that dont want to cook all the time. We also have use of the fishing lake incase anyone wants to fish and rumour has it there is some pretty monster fish in there. But for this you will need the usual fishing license. On the Sunday there will be a third gate opened in the top right hand side of the map and this is an exit only and will not be opened until Sunday. Toilets and showers are located just next to the show and shine, next to where the trade village is and there will be an extra toilet and shower block being brought in to go just north of the trade village on the map. To the right of the red line on the right hand side of the map is where the public parking will be and just further up from that is where the auto jumble (if it goes ahead) will be located.

As always you are NOT allowed to have fires on the floor because of it setting the grass on fire so you have to use BBQ`s with stands and as far as i know you are allowed disposable BBQ`s but aslong as you use the stand supplied with them. A rule that got brought in last year is that you are NOT allowed to bring in glass bottles to the event. This is due to Wicksteed being a public venue and its health and safety reasons.

This year they have had an idea to make streets and possibly some signage so its easier to find all the different clubs and also they want the event to be nicer to look at. Someone described JAE as Glastonbury on wheels so the idea this year is to make it a better looking show for the people do actually want to show off their cars and for visitors. So for instance we have booked the stand for 30 cars so it would be 2 rows of 15 cars, then the marque/gazebos in the middle and then the tents behind those. The camping area is 20x20meters so for anyone thinking of bringing some huge 8man tent for just themselves or their mate then please take this into consideration that there may not be enough room but we`ll see when we get there.

Also if people decide they want to come and the numbers go past 30 you need to tell us as soon as possible because the cut off for extra tickets is the 1st September but they`d rather know sooner so they dont get swamped and things dont get messed up

(Obviousy some of that doesnt apply to you guys ie stand size and so on)

Hope thats of some help to people :)

Hey I will speak to the other half so put my name down +1

Jess_IQ.............. Toyota IQ :)

Hey I will speak to the other half so put my name down +1

Jess_IQ.............. Toyota IQ :)

Look forwards to seeing you Jess ;)

Name added :thumbsup:

Les

Got to check on a couple and add them but there is still a distinct lacking from one of the models with a very large number of members who benefit from the club :rolleyes:

JAECARS.jpg

Got to check on a couple and add them but there is still a distinct lacking from one of the models with a very large number of members who benefit from the club :rolleyes:

JAECARS.jpg

Where am I :unsure::crybaby:

JAECARS.jpg

How about the **COUGH "Support Vehicles" COUGH**??

How about the **COUGH "Support Vehicles" COUGH**??

Got some bad news regarding none Japanese "Support vehicles" :(

Here is a reply from John Fuggles regarding cars on site.....

Your mate in his Beemer wont even be allowed in, sorry. he will have to park in the visitors park and camp in the visitors camping, unless that is you let him camp on your stand and he's prepared to carry all the stuff in.

Regards

John

So, unfortunately if it isn't Japanese you won't even be allowed on site...Sorry

Did say I had to check and add some more ;)