Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Compressor Exhaust

dave23121985

i have a corolla compressor 2006 and the exhaust was rattleing loudly,

fournunatly its still under warrenty as the new exhaust toyota tell me is £3100+ vat and fitting and brackets lol

thick i'll be getting extended warrenty lol

anyhows does anyone know where to get bigger brakes from as the standard ones keep fading?

wow...... what a cack handed topic title for wanting info on brakes! lol

theres 3 routes for brakes, upgrades of oem disk and pad, fitment and messing about with celica st205 front brakes (awkward on a rolla), big brake kits.

all depends on how much you want to pay and what your willing to do.

toyota were telling you $hit!

front section for the 2zz motor is 785, rear box is 162, header is 140... still complete rip off.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2006_TOYO...GFGFW_1702.html :)

Brakes, Ferodo DS2500 pads all round and some decent disks, ive always liked black diamonds 'combo' drilled/grooved disks and with the ferodo pads they are superb, i dare say BETTER than the 4pots I had on another car (4 pots, 305mm disks)... not cheap but cheaper than big brake conversion

toyota were telling you $hit!

front section for the 2zz motor is 785, rear box is 162, header is 140... still complete rip off.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2006_TOYO...GFGFW_1702.html :)

Brakes, Ferodo DS2500 pads all round and some decent disks, ive always liked black diamonds 'combo' drilled/grooved disks and with the ferodo pads they are superb, i dare say BETTER than the 4pots I had on another car (4 pots, 305mm disks)... not cheap but cheaper than big brake conversion

its a compressor lad diff system to the t sport

toyodiy doesnt list the compressor :s

still, cant imagine it being anywhere near 3000 quid!

I recently had a quote for one silencer, was just shy of 600 nicker so it wouldn't suprise me if the whole lot was 2.5k, then you got to fit it.

thats not just insane its daylight robbery. you could get a full custom job way less! crazy!

You're not wrong.

But hey, that's what you get when you buy a limited run car!

thats not just insane its daylight robbery. you could get a full custom job way less! crazy!
your spot on there mate 580£ full stainless with two rear boxes thats what i paid the toyota system is cack. :o

The compressor back box and pipe are different to the TS, so the toyodiy site is a waste of time for compressor bits, they are NOT listed. The compressor back box and pipe is £900 (retail)

Obviously you can get handmade systems, but if anyone wants a genuine Toyota exhaust, or any other part for that matter, the :king: can get you them!

Kingo :thumbsup:

does anyone know anyone who does the big brake kits?

the exhaust still isnt here its been nearly two weeks!

also i have been talking to my local powerflow dealer since i get discount they said £350 for a custom straight though exhaust think i'll have it done once the new ones been put on so i have a clean part at home lol

does anyone know anyone who does the big brake kits?

the exhaust still isnt here its been nearly two weeks!

also i have been talking to my local powerflow dealer since i get discount they said £350 for a custom straight though exhaust think i'll have it done once the new ones been put on so i have a clean part at home lol

getting my exhaust checked out today, with 6 months warranty left I hope they find something wrong with it now so Mr T has to pay. If the prices being quoted are correct Toyota needs to change its name to ***** Turpins . . . . after all he was a robbing b*****d as well

lol how do you find your compressor chris

i've had a few problems with mine and am definatly extending the warrenty

lol how do you find your compressor chris

i've had a few problems with mine and am definatly extending the warrenty

Touch wood i've had no issues since buying it.Had it serviced yesterday (30k service with only 18k on the clock) but its three years old on the 28th March so wanted it checked out. Only then did i realise i was given an extended warranty from Mr T. Seems i have another 12 months free motoring.

Out of the service did come a few small issues. Near side rear shock is leaking, oil seal gone on a core plug and a split to the drivers door seal. Car is booked into main dealer on Friday to have the work completed under warranty so i'm not to upset.

On the whole I love it and assuming i keep it well after the curent warranty expires i would almost certainly extend the warranty. Having a mate working for the local main dealer helps though. 30K service came in at £130.58p and i couldn't believe it when i picked it up only to realise it had also had a full valet.

What problems you had?

Cheers

Chris

well i took it for its second service and to have some rattles and squeks sorted and they only did the service then when i went back they sorted the noises out

then it broke down and needed an engine wiring loom

then it was in the other week for gear change cables resenating

now its going back in for its center section exhaust

i bought it about 6 month ago with 11k on it now its 16k

in all i am happy with the car just not as reliable as i would like though and the two local dealers neither of them valet the cars

i'm a technician at bmw so perhaps i expect too much from them but i only deal with one service adviser or the service manager now lol

also how stable does your car feel around 110+

well i took it for its second service and to have some rattles and squeks sorted and they only did the service then when i went back they sorted the noises out

in all i am happy with the car just not as reliable as i would like though and the two local dealers neither of them valet the cars

i'm a technician at bmw so perhaps i expect too much from them but i only deal with one service adviser or the service manager now lol

Seems you may have bought the last car built on the Friday before the summer shutdown. None of those faults coming through on mine to be honest.

Stability at 110+ seems fine. To be honest on a recent trip back from Gloucester coming into South Wales i got it up to 140 and was unaware of any issue with the stability or road holding. Hold a spot of fun with a guy in a BMW funny enough. Several roundabouts with a few decent straights before the chance to open it right up. I expecetd a bit more from a 330 BMW to be honest.

One thing i do notice on mine is the smell it gives off when you park up, more so after getting quite warm. You get this at all

Seems you may have bought the last car built on the Friday before the summer shutdown. None of those faults coming through on mine to be honest.

Stability at 110+ seems fine. To be honest on a recent trip back from Gloucester coming into South Wales i got it up to 140 and was unaware of any issue with the stability or road holding. Hold a spot of fun with a guy in a BMW funny enough. Several roundabouts with a few decent straights before the chance to open it right up. I expecetd a bit more from a 330 BMW to be honest.

One thing i do notice on mine is the smell it gives off when you park up, more so after getting quite warm. You get this at all

Thats a very interesting race track :lol:

yeah i get the smell too lol and some crackleing noises but thats just it cooling down

tbh i'm only comparing the stablty to bmw's really and my old 200sx and fiat coupe so its probley fine

i took the car into toyota for the exhaust today and still not in apparently another 3weeks atleast so with the 2 weeks i've been waiting so far its 5 !Removed! weeks

when yours is cold does it slow the car right down then its normal to 6k then when warm will go to redline?

its so annoying

yeah i get the smell too lol and some crackleing noises but thats just it cooling down

tbh i'm only comparing the stablty to bmw's really and my old 200sx and fiat coupe so its probley fine

i took the car into toyota for the exhaust today and still not in apparently another 3weeks atleast so with the 2 weeks i've been waiting so far its 5 !Removed! weeks

when yours is cold does it slow the car right down then its normal to 6k then when warm will go to redline?

its so annoying

Supercharger doesn't kick in properly until it's warm. Shouldn't be flooring it until then anyway, your oil won't be working well enough and you'll shag your car.

Not had any issues like you've had, just a couple of squeaks and a little issue with exhaust falling off silencer. Sorted after a quick weld.

Certainly found Toyota dealers to be rubbish, especially if you're dealing with a different one to where you bought your car.

Like the car though and it's very fast!

i know i shouldnt but thats why you have warrenty lol

i bought mine as a trade in at my work have found toll house gatwick to be the better dealer in my area though after our frst little fall out but am really annoyed with how long its taking to get the !Removed! centre section for my exhaust!

another problem with the car now engine warning light and trc and vsc lights have come on and wont go off

most unreliable car i've owned

its so annoying

if youve bin going quite fast then its going to smell warm, will smell like brakes, and then the engine will smella alil, cus youve bin heating it up so the fan on the rad is having to work overtime to keep the eninge cold.

but tinking and a smel is always normal after a a thrash, so dnt worry bout it :P.

the tinking is just the engine cooling itself again and everthing going back to the orinal shape, as it would have expaneded slightly under the heat :)

:thumbsup: