Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crazy

-baker-

i ahve the same car as this guy quotes he drifts . in my car this would all most b inposiable with out he use of come sort of oil all over the road this car dose not go fast and after you hit 100kmh it reves too high but if you can plse tll me what this guy is tryign to say i would apresciate it

You do now. FF Drift is easy although you can't link corners like in MR/FR/RR Cars and is performed thus: (at own risk) Enter desired corner with what appears to be slightly exessive speed. Re-apply throttle on turn in then lift off hard just before apex (note: car must be revving only 2-3000 rpm below limiter) the engine braking causes massive forward weight transfer and rear end should break into drift. To correct: Apply gentle opposite lock and reapply throttle. This works for me in a stock AE92 4A-FC Corolla so don't say it doesn't work. This technique can also be handbrake assisted. Setup wise, Soft all round (i.e. stock) helps the weight transfer and stock steel wheels on the rear should also help to remove rear grip if you have liquorice on your front rims. Aside from Basic handbrake drift (Read: Glorified Parking) this is the only way I am aware of to drift an FF Car Properly. A less scientific method (and 100X more likely to write of your car) is to start drifting w/ the handbrake then semi Initial D style catch the inside front tire on the curb (45* or less incline) to slow down that corner and bring the rear around. However Crash/Drift ratio is too high for my liking.

I hope this helps.

:!Removed!:

that's just lift off oversteer. the only way I've ever got it in my 1998 corolla was on a wet round about with almost no fuel in the tank, and I had to brake to get the back end to unstick. Fun. I didn't rev the nut's off my car, just went in too fast in 3rd. Most fwd cars are apparently hard to get to oversteer but apparently saxo's, pug 106's and 306's do lift off oversteer quite nicely. I tried lift off oversteer in a Cavalier once and wrote my car off! :lol:

its not very hard. ive done it in my old 89 rolla on many occations.

u just have to b accelerating quik into the corner, then brake hard and l8(not too l8 cos ull lock them up and wont turn at all). then just throw the streering wheel quikly towards the direction u wanna go and the bak will just slide out. it must all be done quikly and timming is very important.

the wieght transfer is crusial to this technique, otherwise ur fronts will understeer and ull go straight off the road.

this is a very Reckless driving style and will reduce life expectancy of the car. its only for looks. if u drive with grip u can go quiker anyways(it just cost more for the parts to get the car to grip)

Yeah it wrecks your car but it's fun! I've always found sliding more fun than gripping, that's why I really want e rwd car next. I'll probably end up going through a wall backwards but what the hell! :D

ANYONE willing to see SOME badass Front wheel drive cars drifting please let me send you a video...

you will need winzip to see it...

just e-mail me at pro_cariota@hotmail.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links