Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Someones Cracked/smashed My Drivers Mirror!

JKV

Hi,

I had the misfortune to have their drivers side mirror be smashed/cracked by a "man in a white van"

The van hit my mirror, the black colour coded cover smashed off and he has cracked the mirror housing too.

It still work, but the crack is quite bad.

QUESTION.

1) Anyone know the cost to replace the unit or know somewhere I can get these cheaper from?

2) Anyone know how to remove the mirror from my 2008 RAV XTRl?

Thanks

That's bad luck.

This is currently on e-bay: Item # 220363245167 - it says for latest shape RAV. Buy it now price £60 + £10 postage.

He has the other one too. If it is the wrong colour it is only the cover that needs painting and that clips on/off.

No idea of colour of this one or how much a new one from Kingo would be but can't do any harm to contact the seller. If you decide to make an offer for the e-bay one, you only get three goes by the way.

Good luck.

If the above mirror is the correct one (and I doubt it!) then buy it

The Toyota mirror is bonkers money :wacko:

PM Me your Reg number for an exact price...........but be sitting down when I reply :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

PM Me your Reg number for an exact price...........but be sitting down when I reply :rolleyes:

Thought as much....Im guessing as it is the retract mechanism on the mirro that bumps the money wya way way up!

Kingo, My mirror is fully operational, ist just the lower (horizontal) black plastic that forms part of the casing on the mirror that has cracked. Does Toyota supply the mirro in component parts or is it a supply the whole thing as one complete assembly??

Thanks

Thought as much....Im guessing as it is the retract mechanism on the mirro that bumps the money wya way way up!

Kingo, My mirror is fully operational, ist just the lower (horizontal) black plastic that forms part of the casing on the mirror that has cracked. Does Toyota supply the mirro in component parts or is it a supply the whole thing as one complete assembly??

Thanks

Annoying when somebody else causes you work/expense.

Taking the mirror off is easy but to unplug it you have to take the door panel off. I've saved the instructions as a pdf. Take your time taking the bits and pieces off and warm the interior first as much as you can as the clips can be quite brittle at this time of year.

Good luck mate.

mirror.pdf

Taking the mirror off is easy but to unplug it you have to take the door panel off. I've saved the instructions as a pdf. Take your time taking the bits and pieces off and warm the interior first as much as you can as the clips can be quite brittle at this time of year.

Good luck mate.

Many thanks for the PDF, i'll try to locate a second hand mirror. Failing that, i'll have to go through the insurance :censor:

Anyone know of any breakers that sell RAV4 parts???

Good luck mate.

Many thanks for the PDF, i'll try to locate a second hand mirror. Failing that, i'll have to go through the insurance :censor:

There are some breaking new RAVs on eBay - just have a trawl.

Thanks

The only part of the mirror you can buy is the cover, glass, and the main mirror. The motor and gubbins can't be bought seperatly

231323824_o.jpg

Good luck mate.

theres a good few breakers. Some on the net offer a contact service to a handful of breakers - eg parts gateway

theres a good few breakers. Some on the net offer a contact service to a handful of breakers - eg parts gateway

I'll give parts gateway a contact and see what they can muster up!

Thanks m8

As an aside, if you ever happen across suitable door mirrors on eBay at a decent price, buy them if you need them or not.

If you get unlucky, then you'll have a cheap replacement, and if not you can resell at the same price again or more :thumbsup:

I did this with my HR-V and when I sold the door mirrors after selling the car, made £40-£50 :yes:

As an aside, if you ever happen across suitable door mirrors on eBay at a decent price, buy them if you need them or not.

If you get unlucky, then you'll have a cheap replacement, and if not you can resell at the same price again or more :thumbsup:

I did this with my HR-V and when I sold the door mirrors after selling the car, made £40-£50 :yes:

I used the same philosophy after I bought the Humber Hawk - now I own 2 Humber hawks - 1 intact and 1 in hundreds of bits :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all the replies...

Just came out from my night shift and found my other mirror hanging off..so thats drivers and passenger side mirrors in just 2 days!

One by a white van man and another by a passing car i'm guessing as I parked my car with the cracked mirror facing the kerb :crybaby:

Now I need both... :ffs:

Thanks for all the replies...

Just came out from my night shift and found my other mirror hanging off..so thats drivers and passenger side mirrors in just 2 days!

One by a white van man and another by a passing car i'm guessing as I parked my car with the cracked mirror facing the kerb :crybaby:

Now I need both... :ffs:

JKV that's just bad luck.... :o :o :o :o

Where do you work....Down town Baghdad.. and a patrol of passing Abraham tanks sped by...... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Your lucky the driver never sneezed..he might of taken your front wing off as well.....