Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Are The Dvla Up To?

dazwan

Just found out a guy in my office has got a speeding ticket just because he has the same name and birthday as the person who commited the offence.

Because the DVLA couldn't contact the person who they caught speeding in a van, they seem to have trawled their database and found somebody else with the same name and birthday as him (the innocent guy in my office) and decided that he is now the guilty party. Even though he doesn't own the van and was working in Bristol on the day the offence occured (the person they are after lives in Manchester).

I think the logic that some people apply to some problems is amazing! I reckon he should take this to the press (and if he gets any money it will pay for the legal fee's required just to clear his name) as they'd have a field day with this.

Apparently he also gets trouble when he goes to the USA because somebody else with the same name over there is a well known criminal :wacko:

Dazwan,

You're mate would have been sent a NOIP (notice of intended prosecution) if he was caught speeding. He has to fill in the details of who was driving that vehicle on that road at that time on that date. The van in question will have been checked to see who the vehicle is registered to, and what address that vehicle is kept at etc etc, so its unlikely to get the wrong person.

Unless its a compant van and the NOIP was sent to the transprt manager, he will have then checked who was driving on that date and replied to the NOIP.

If all is legit though, you're mate will go to court and explain it couldnt have been him cos x,y,z...He will need proof though.

Cheers

Adam

So much for innocent until proved guilty!!!!

DVLA version, your guilty because we say so, so there :blink:

...The van in question will have been checked to see who the vehicle is registered to, and what address that vehicle is kept at etc etc, so its unlikely to get the wrong person....

That's the point though. The names and Birthdays are the same, but the address on the notice is in Manchester. The person in the office has never lived at that address. For some reason they have found his name at the DVLA and decided to send it to his address instead.

The DVLA are a bunch of LAZY ***** B4STS who couldnt do their job properly if even if they had only one car on their database system.

As for the ***** bandits who thought up the ruddy congestion charging for London.....they best not try introducing that system in my home town or else there be hell to pay! :censor: :arrgg-matey:

As you can tell i generally dispise the government when it comes to anything that means i have to pay on top of the road tax :lol:

I blame old two jags prescott, and the ***** Gordon Brown.

Dont ever let me catch you on your own you fat sacks of donkey crap! :arrgg-matey:

The DVLA are a bunch of LAZY ***** B4STS who couldnt do their job properly if even if they had only one car on their database system.

As for the ***** bandits who thought up the ruddy congestion charging for London.....they best not try introducing that system in my home town or else there be hell to pay! :censor: :arrgg-matey:

As you can tell i generally dispise the government when it comes to anything that means i have to pay on top of the road tax :lol:

I blame old two jags prescott, and the ***** Gordon Brown.

Dont ever let me catch you on your own you fat sacks of donkey crap! :arrgg-matey:

Lol, totally agree with that one - been there, done that - they managed to confuse an old mini clubman with a Renault van... can someone tell em the difference please...lol but that was for out of date tax on the van , id been pulled over for being in a dodgy area (aparently) so the cops were checking it was my car and was all legit.

Van had different reg plate, was white....the mini, short, small and made before Renault vans were on the road.. go figure!

with the tax in your area... i think its a matter of time before it happens.

speaking of revenues (i know how some of you so love it lol...) aparently on the M25 where the roadworks are (and newly fitted Gatsos, active ones) well, the gatsos fines are supposed to be helping fund the roadworks... wouldnt mind if there wasnt one every 1/2 mile or so! I think theyr from the A30 staines turn off up to jsut before the M4 slip road. and its a 40 mph limit (for the guys working on the roads safety) - which is fair enough but i still think it takes the p** going on how much a gatso costs etc..

can anyone enlighten me on this? i just heard it through the grapevine and it got me thinking.....

That's the point though. The names and Birthdays are the same, but the address on the notice is in Manchester. The person in the office has never lived at that address. For some reason they have found his name at the DVLA and decided to send it to his address instead.

While it is a real bummer to be confronted with a thing like this, you can also try and see it from their point of view: No doubt they tried to contact the real person first, and recieving no response they looked through their database. Same name, same bday, so as far as they are concerned it is possible that it is the same person registered at 2 addresses, perhaps specifically to avoid being chased up. How many people share the same name AND bday?

they best not try introducing that system in my home town or else there be hell to pay! 

Amen to that .. on the 4 mile trip to the M4 from my house there are over 7 speed cameras ..

Can relate to this- nt entirely the DVLA but more insurance companies...

My poor mum gets a letter through the post basically saying she's being sued for damages from the accident she was involved in on x date at x location in x vehicle reg no blah blah.

Hmm, right name... wrong car, location etc, and not been involved in any accident. Would they have it? No. WTF?!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links