Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E11 Convertions

corolla_wrc

Hi ive got a 1.3 e11 corolla,

does anyone know of any easy convertions to any of my car, which will upgrade it.

EG brakes or anything else. Thanls

You could always do what I've done with my AE111 and drop a supercharged engine into it from a Japanese market Toyota Levin GT-Z. Still 1600cc but now putting out 198bhp :D :D :D But be warned it will cost a lot of money - you will need very deep pockets. It's not only the engine conversion - you have to do brakes and suspension as well and lots of other things too. Take a look at my website to see what I've done all together. www.ae111sr.co.uk

• Like 1

does anyone know of any easy convertions to any of my car, which will upgrade it.

ive herd from a good source (the guy above) that the brake and suspension off of the e10 all fit on the e11.

best off just doing the normal stuff to start off, like exhaust, induction kit.

then do suspention, and if you really want, then start going crazy with money

lol

just depends on how much your willing to throw at your car

im planning on dropping a 1.8 vvtl-i engine in mine next year :)

but ive still done induction kit, and will do exhaust, and suspension :)

as above said mate, also depends on what sort of budget you have, be warned what ever engine you put in after a while you will want more power im pushing over 200 bhp and i still want it to go faster

easy conversions, well there aren't any. but simple(ish) ones include the 4A-GZE that ae111sr has, 4E-FTE swap from a starlet turbo or glanza, late spec 4A-GE 20V (good 165hp there at least). those are the simple(ish) ines as the engine mounts will take those no problem. Or you could try the daddy of conversion like john905 and myself have done the 3S-GTE. but be warned none of them are straight forward in and out jobbies you have to think carefully about all the ancillaries involved and how they will fit (eg. ECU).

For the price of the engine and fitting it'd be cheaper to just buy a T Sport! :lol:

go 3sgte for the crack,

anyone have any photos of a nice tte kitted ae111 corolla???

go 3sgte for the crack,

Will this do you?

800_2008_11_01_144442.jpg

• Like 1

go 3sgte for the crack,

Will this do you?

800_2008_11_01_144442.jpg

Very nice mate,

id love a white one with white wheels,

the lad that did work on yours kevin clarkson,

is he still working on toyotas?

and has he an email address?

thanks

Yes Kevin is still working on Toyotas - I don't have an email address but here's his work telephone number 01905 778368

For the price of the engine and fitting it'd be cheaper to just buy a T Sport! :lol:

yer but that would be predictable, and i can do it at uni :P

mwhahahahaha :P

• 11 months later...

get the 1.6 silvertop or black top engine easy and good fun i have done the conversion in my e11, lot of things needed ecu engine mounts and looms doing or just go for starlet turbo conversion which i had first.

get the 1.6 silvertop or black top engine easy and good fun i have done the conversion in my e11, lot of things needed ecu engine mounts and looms doing or just go for starlet turbo conversion which i had first.

i thinking of this conversion myself! how did you sort the looms and mounts? any pics?

• 2 years later...

Yes Kevin is still working on Toyotas - I don't have an email address but here's his work telephone number 01905 778368

A Worcester phone number , any idea where abouts in Worcester he is based?

Im not sure if youve noticed but this thread is 3 years old :P

Lol nope didn't notice just see it pop up as unread , oops

A Worcester phone number , any idea where abouts in Worcester he is based?

Yes he's still there, still working on Toyotas. Kevin is the guy who did my 4A-GZE conversion and has done lots of other work on my AE111. He's in Droitwich.

John

Does he own Clarkson Autoradiators on the industrial estate in droitwich?

• 7 years later...

Hi guys. I see that this thread is 11 years old...but I own a Corolla E11 Hatchback 1.3 4efe and I’would like to swap engine with a Starlet turbo or to modify mine with a turbo. Could you help me understand what is easier and cheaper to do? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 3:43 AM, frankieflowers said:

Hi guys. I see that this thread is 11 years old...but I own a Corolla E11 Hatchback 1.3 4efe and I’would like to swap engine with a Starlet turbo or to modify mine with a turbo. Could you help me understand what is easier and cheaper to do? Thanks

The Turbo engine from the Starlet is the 4EFTE. If you can find one, let alone for cheap, then this would be the easiest route. You'd need the engine, manifold, gearbox (just in case) and the ECU from the Starlet and throw that in to the Corolla. The 4EFTE - as far as I'm aware - is the turbo version of the standard 4EFE which is the 1.3 engine in our Corolla's. So they should just plop themselves in without too much hassle.

The thing is, 4EFTE's are getting rarer and good ones rarer still. So for performance upgrades you could look at getting the 1.6 engines from the later E11 Corolla's with the VVTi magic, or you could get the 1.8 engine from an equivalent Avensis. These both will be both NA and not Turbo, but once you start moving beyond drop in replacements like the 4EFTE then the costs, complications and difficulty rises dramatically.

• 1 year later...

Only if we could go back in time you would pick up a mint 4efte for next to nothing. 
the 4efte has a different shape piston it’s domed at the top and then the standers 4efe has a flat piston. It’s got something to do with compression so you might not get the same power leave u would get off the 4efte