Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2006, Stone Chips In Paint On Bonnet

giodoc

Hi there

I recently purchased a corolla from a large well known dealership, (Exactly 1 month and 4 days ago). Its a black car, and at the time of purchase it was very highly polished.

2 days ago I washed it (hand wash), for the 1st time and noticed that there a some stone chips in the paint on the bonnet, and some small blistering is beginning to appear...

I would appreciate any advice on how I can deal with this.

If I take it to the dealership, I'm thinking their most likely response will be to push the blame onto me and fob me off... And they are probably right I should have checked properly at the time of purchase. I mean I saw a few stone chips and the car was highly polished, so I thought it wasn't a mjor thing, now I see the paint blistering and I realise the seriousness...

:help: Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! :help:

Stone chips happen to everyone but getting rid of them would mean a respray. to get the best look out of your car give it a good wash and some paint correction. do the following one day.

1.Wash properly

2.Clay bar the car all around to remove dirt.

3.begin with a cleaner wax (meguiars) give the car a full over of wax and buff off

4.Use a detailing wax which is a stage 2 to coat the cleaner wax

5. use a good final detailing wax

the car should look a whole lot different.

have a look on detailingworld alot of people do paint correction and detailing and get the cars looking amazing by just cleaning them so welll!

Posting a picture would be useful ;)

Thanks for the dtailing tip, I'll take a look at the site. :)

I'll try to post a pic later today, thing is, the stone chip has gone right down through the paint work, I can actally see the metal under there.... I'm guessing the dealer took some time to do a full wax job before selling... I guess I feel a little cheated, and maybe a little bit stupid for not paying more close attaention to those stone chips.. I've only had the car 4 weeks... So am a bit worried.. That the paint may start flaking/bubbling if the metal underneath has already picked up moisture..

They told us that the car's bodywork was under a 3 yr Toyota warranty, which runs out this october.. So if I can claim to get this fixed then that would be ideal..

I'll try to post a pic later today, thing is, the stone chip has gone right down through the paint work, I can actally see the metal under there.... I'm guessing the dealer took some time to do a full wax job before selling... I guess I feel a little cheated, and maybe a little bit stupid for not paying more close attaention to those stone chips.. I've only had the car 4 weeks... So am a bit worried.. That the paint may start flaking/bubbling if the metal underneath has already picked up moisture..

They told us that the car's bodywork was under a 3 yr Toyota warranty, which runs out this october.. So if I can claim to get this fixed then that would be ideal..

Its a really tricky one stone chipping as it wont be classed as a fault because its damage, worse case touch it in for now. My CTS has plenty of chips on the bonnet and non of them are bubbling and they have been there for up to 5yrs.

Its a really tricky one stone chipping as it wont be classed as a fault because its damage, worse case touch it in for now. My CTS has plenty of chips on the bonnet and non of them are bubbling and they have been there for up to 5yrs.

Wow 5 years... That's pretty amazing... What product did you use? Was there a specific technique you employed?... I'd be grateful if you could let me know...

Cheers

Wow 5 years... That's pretty amazing... What product did you use? Was there a specific technique you employed?... I'd be grateful if you could let me know...

Cheers

I simply cleaned the area with panel wipe and then touched the chips in with primer/paint and lacquer, so far non have blistered. If the dealer wont help you then you could always the area blown in by someone like chips away but its a bit OTT for one chip IMO.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links