Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Alarm

Phillgb

I have a 2003 Rav4 2.0 petrol and keep getting the alarm going off when I stop and remove the key from the ignition , this doesnt happen all the time any ideas as I dont like upsetting next door at 2330 !

I have a 2003 Rav4 2.0 petrol and keep getting the alarm going off when I stop and remove the key from the ignition , this doesnt happen all the time any ideas as I dont like upsetting next door at 2330 !

Silly question?

Are you sure you aren't catching the set button on the key fob when you remove it?

Silly question?

Are you sure you aren't catching the set button on the key fob when you remove it?

Dont think I am but will be more carefull next time see what happens , only just got the Rav 3 weeks ago and up to now not had any problems , wasnt sure if the Battery in the key flob was on the low side and this was the cause , went to get a new Battery just incase and was told I have to take it to the dealer as its coded , but the manual says you can do this yourself ?

Thanks for reply

The key immobiliser is coded not the alarm, You can replace the key fob Battery without taking to dealer

They did have a problem with an earth strap coming loose near Battery, the strap comes loose from the inner wing, also check your Battery, Get it drop tested and see what they report

The key immobiliser is coded not the alarm, You can replace the key fob battery without taking to dealer

They did have a problem with an earth strap coming loose near battery, the strap comes loose from the inner wing, also check your battery, Get it drop tested and see what they report

Right woke up everyone at 2330 , and was very carefull how i removed key what i have noticed both sets of keys do not cancel the alarm only way of stopping it is to turn the ignition back on , after 30 mins disconected Battery least that did the trick , will get Battery checked out just my luck working 12 hrs sat sun :(

Thanks for all suggestions

The key immobiliser is coded not the alarm, You can replace the key fob battery without taking to dealer

They did have a problem with an earth strap coming loose near battery, the strap comes loose from the inner wing, also check your battery, Get it drop tested and see what they report

Right woke up everyone at 2330 , and was very carefull how i removed key what i have noticed both sets of keys do not cancel the alarm only way of stopping it is to turn the ignition back on , after 30 mins disconected Battery least that did the trick , will get Battery checked out just my luck working 12 hrs sat sun :(

Thanks for all suggestions

Changed the Battery for a heavy duty see what happens , when I got the Rav they said they were fitting a new battery as they had to jump start it , I think they just charged it up so hopefully this is the answer will find out from next door @ 2330hrs ! , can anyone tell me where I can get those silly clips that hold the cover down over the battery ?

Everybody breaks those.

You can get some off Kingo - just pm him.

Fingers crossed with the Battery! Tell me, is this occurrence always at 23.30?

Everybody breaks those.

Fingers crossed with the battery! Tell me, is this occurrence always at 23.30?

Well next door thinks so !!

Thanks for info bout the clips

Everybody breaks those.

Well next door thinks so !!

Thanks for info bout the clips

Well alarm didnt go off but then again I got home from work @ 2325 :lol:

This is probably an urban myth, But I was told recently about an intensive care ward in a hospital where it was noticed in a certain bed that a lot of people seemed to pass away between 7-30 + 8am, This was happening more frequently, so they installed a cctv camera which filmed a foreign janitor unplugging a life support machine, in order to plug in his vacuum cleaner at 7-35 three mornings a week, like i say prob not true.. :unsure:

This is probably an urban myth, But I was told recently about an intensive care ward in a hospital where it was noticed in a certain bed that a lot of people seemed to pass away between 7-30 + 8am, This was happening more frequently, so they installed a cctv camera which filmed a foreign janitor unplugging a life support machine, in order to plug in his vacuum cleaner at 7-35 three mornings a week, like i say prob not true.. :unsure:

Stranger things have happened.........

Yeh I can believe it too.

Hey Robert - nice to see you again. You seem to have been quiet lately. I hope everything is OK?

Believe it or not there was an issue on Land Cruiser Amazon where the alarm would go off between 2 & 3am

Toyota found it was the plastic radio surround that moved and creaked at a certain temperature and the fix was to foam pad the trim out

How somebody found that one I dont know but customer did say it was 2-3am when it happened

I once got involved with a Dennis fire engine problem where it would it would throw up a fault and cancel the ABS system in the same PLACE every day. After much investigating and head scratching it turned out to be that the ladder on the back was acting as an aerial and creating an electric field sufficient enough to make the ABS system just throw its hand in. It happened in a certain place near the fire station where the vehicle had to travel under overhead wires between 33kv pylons. The ABS manufacturer then cured it by screening the equipment.

I once got involved with a Dennis fire engine problem where it would it would throw up a fault and cancel the ABS system in the same PLACE every day. After much investigating and head scratching it turned out to be that the ladder on the back was acting as an aerial and creating an electric field sufficient enough to make the ABS system just throw its hand in. It happened in a certain place near the fire station where the vehicle had to travel under overhead wires between 33kv pylons. The ABS manufacturer then cured it by screening the equipment.

Well its been a week since I fitted new Battery and had no problems since so looks this was the cause , just got to see if I can get my money back from the garage I got the Rav from .

Thanks to eveyone for their help :thumbsup:

Well its been a week since I fitted new Battery and had no problems since so looks this was the cause , just got to see if I can get my money back from the garage I got the Rav from .

Thanks to eveyone for their help :thumbsup:

If you think the garge did not replace the Battery as they promised, have a good look on the one you had to replace - it is sometimes possible to find a date on them.

• 10 months later...

I`m afraid that`s an urban myth heard that years ago,just like the electrician called out to an emergency and found dog carcases in the freezer of a chinese takeaway :rolleyes: