Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toc Back To How It Once Was?

Calisto

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• Pompey Gaz

• Bizarra

• Raistlin

How about a vote to have an anything goes forum?

Then have a vote to see how much a subscription should be.

What has anyone got to lose?

Do you honestly believe that the Powers that be would be swayed by a vote from the Great Unwashed?

There have been many calls & enquiries since Gold disappeared :yawn: . No info or response :(

How about a vote to have an anything goes forum?

Then have a vote to see how much a subscription should be.

What has anyone got to lose?

Do you honestly believe that the Powers that be would be swayed by a vote from the Great Unwashed?

There have been many calls & enquiries since Gold disappeared :yawn: . No info or response :(

Well hopefully, the powers that be will leave it up too it's members to decide if an anything goes forum is a good choice or not.

After all, a forum is only as good as its members make it. B)

Or in this case...try to make it. :P

I just wanted to add in...

Em, you are being over defensive honey... there are a vast number of other mods on this site and I dont see them all leaping in too... dont rise to the bait ;)

Having been a moderator on another busy site I know exactly what its like and the kind of crud and politics you have to deal with... I also know that not everything people whinge about automatically has to do with 'mod bashing'... and on occasion, some moderators damn well deserve a good bashing (definately some past ones on the OC!)

Yes its a dirty task, yes its a thankless task... but we do it because we care about the club and believe what we do is correct (not everyone is gonna agree here!) Not cause we can then turn it around and use the fact that we do this on our own time etc to make people feel sorry for us and hence cut back on the 'mod bashing'... cause they wont.

Communication is usually what the problems boil down to anyways... *shrugs

If peeps want to know about Gold or whatever.... how about the mods/management get together to work out what will be done about it (will it be instigated... will it be scrapped) and then communicate this to the forum. At least then they will know.

Regarding meets and the like... the Rep system seems to work elsewhere... so might be an idea... you just need one or two passionate/driven people in each area to get something started

:thumbsup:

i havnt commented on this thread before now as i dont really know how toc was back in the day, and felt is wasnt really my place to pass comments on something i knew nothing about!!!

i dont own a toyota (although looking into purchasing one) but i joined toc last july after going to CAE and having a amazing time....i mainly joined to catch up with new friends and partake in the banter that i enjoyed at CAE.

i enjoy TOC and tend to have a read around every day, i tend to stick to General Discussions as i havent really got any knowledge to give other car owners, although i do have a read in the yaris section.

i enjoy toc and as i said i cannot comment on the old days as i dont know what they where like.

One thing that i feel could make toc a better place for me would be that everyone could write in standard english......this forum in international and i find it impossible to read the comments some times so god only knows how they manage!!!!

x Lauren x

i havnt commented on this thread before now as i dont really know how toc was back in the day, and felt is wasnt really my place to pass comments on something i knew nothing about!!!

i dont own a toyota (although looking into purchasing one) but i joined toc last july after going to CAE and having a amazing time....i mainly joined to catch up with new friends and partake in the banter that i enjoyed at CAE.

i enjoy TOC and tend to have a read around every day, i tend to stick to General Discussions as i havent really got any knowledge to give other car owners, although i do have a read in the yaris section.

i enjoy toc and as i said i cannot comment on the old days as i dont know what they where like.

One thing that i feel could make toc a better place for me would be that everyone could write in standard english......this forum in international and i find it impossible to read the comments some times so god only knows how they manage!!!!

x Lauren x

Please take note........................../\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ THIS is what Toc is about

Thank you Lauren :thumbsup:

whatever the model theres still something to learn from other cars and their owners !!

Sorry I don't understand this bit :lol:

True - I've learnt things from MR2 owners and owners of GT4s and Celicas, but yet to find onything interesting from an Aygo owner :unsure:

x Lauren x

Please take note........................../\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ THIS is what Toc is about

Uuuuummmmmmm

dinna like tae say this but ye'll find that fawk frae other countries tend not to speak English cos not everyone comes frae England :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, oooops......sorry - is this the ENGLISH General Discussion section - I didn't realise cos it disnae say that onywhere!

Most of you have missed the whole point! :rolleyes:

Em, you always go on about mods get a bad press......tbh I don't care, as that wasn't what I was getting at.

My post wasn't about moderating, lack of it or over zealous moderating.

My post was about getting a new forum going such as GOLD, where members would pay to be a part of it and any thing could go in that particular forum, also would it be so bad if specific regions had there own region reaps.....eg 4 reps for the North East etc.

Now all of you, that is not so hard to grasp is it???

What so you mean this thread has gone off-topic? Shock horror! :rolleyes:

And you would care Ash if your spare time was taken up by the sort of crud we have to deal with.... we take this abuse for free!

We need to get the grass roots attitude of this place sorted first before we start dishing out niceties like Gold forums etc.... that's my personal opinion of course as I have no say in the matter, but when I was growing up, you got treats for being nice and good and tbh the attitudes of some people need some serious alteration...

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: wot does "crud" mean ???

Most of you have missed the whole point! :rolleyes:

Em, you always go on about mods get a bad press......tbh I don't care, as that wasn't what I was getting at.

My post wasn't about moderating, lack of it or over zealous moderating.

My post was about getting a new forum going such as GOLD, where members would pay to be a part of it and any thing could go in that particular forum, also would it be so bad if specific regions had there own region reaps.....eg 4 reps for the North East etc.

Now all of you, that is not so hard to grasp is it???

So as I see it, you want a forum for Rochdale, one for Bolton and another for Warrington. Seems ok. I'd like one for Kilmany in Fife.

x Lauren x

Uuuuummmmmmm

dinna like tae say this but ye'll find that fawk frae other countries tend not to speak English cos not everyone comes frae England :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, oooops......sorry - is this the ENGLISH General Discussion section - I didn't realise cos it disnae say that onywhere!

/

Well do you not speak english???

He speaks like me Lauren... did you manage to "unnerstaun" me at CAE? Aye?

Well, when your reading Bothy's posts think of how I sound and you won't be far away :lol:

Well, when your reading Bothy's posts think of how I sound and you won't be far away :lol:

Took me about 10mins to understand what the hell you were on about at CAE! :lol:

yeah i did understand you!!! its a lot easier in person than trying to read someones posts!!

majority of andys family live in Scotland and i can manage to understand them!!! ( just his auntie talks dead fast)!!!!

but i find it really hard and frustrating to try and read his posts!!!! its almost the same as writing in text speak!!!!!

im not having a go, it was just a comment!!!!

x Lauren x

Uuuuummmmmmm

/

Well do you not speak english???

haha

I live in Liverpool for 10 years then come back to Scotland an you expect me to speak english? Nae chance.

yeah i did understand you!!! its a lot easier in person than trying to read someones posts!!

majority of andys family live in Scotland and i can manage to understand them!!! ( just his auntie talks dead fast)!!!!

but i find it really hard and frustrating to try and read his posts!!!! its almost the same as writing in text speak!!!!!

im not having a go, it was just a comment!!!!

Quiite right hen. I used to drive down to Newark near Notts and the folk there speak posh so I was told by the interpreter!!

I play a relaxation tape furst tae then attempt tae read the english postings oan the forii - wis working relly well until I tries a new tape.

Gawd - relax! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Even ma bowels went loose :shutit: :shutit:

Just try readin the wurds oot loud tae yersel an itll aw make sense. If I posted in the Queens english, it loses its value ye ken. An ah micht jist lose ma country if we aw sukumb tae english overlords like whit happened 700 hunner years ago. Noo that yuv boucht wur banks. Never shuid hae taken over ra Natwest an the ABN whitever wis a puir joke. The Fred Shred guy deserves quartering. (Interpretation: I am a holder of Royal Bank of Scotland Shares which are now worth less than a dead rabbit).

seriously though, whats confusing is the scotish talk, yeah its a big part of the people. but sometimes its hard!

I understand you better than Kev Davvy but on a forum its harder because you don;t get the jist. Its like reading Trainspotting, who understood the film but failed with the book? I did.

Was I here for the old days? I remember Moff, Dale, Daz, Jimlad. where have they all gone?

instead of mod bashing or implying anything why don't we do some sort of survery in all the topics and send to ex-posters to try and find out what could tempt them to use the site more?

instead of mod bashing or implying anything why don't we do some sort of survery in all the topics and send to ex-posters to try and find out what could tempt them to use the site more?

quite right young person..... (see - nae sex discrimination there and loads o praise)

I'd guess if we start going round Toyota cars and loosening the windscreen washer jets, then plenty of people will start posting :P

Jist on wan point that Jappy raised, when he was raised in Scotland, ye mention that naewan writes in Scottish dialect - well thats not true.... I do!

Noo, aw we need is a Welsh person tae post usin Welsh speak....an there must be plenty o them - ahve been tae Wales an the place is crawlin with people. They've even got their ain Prince! Why?

Ye get Queen of England; Prince of Wales; and nae Prince of Scotland or Prince of Northern Ireland - hoos that? Aye richt - Duke of Edinburgh disnae count. Dukes are ten a penny. Even Yorks got its ain Duke.

On the other hand, I don't hold with the assertion that a Cafflic should be able to be King/Queen, until the cafflics agree that a Protestant can be Pope. An ahm a cafflic.

Forums are so last century ..... Facebook, MySpace etc etc is now what people use to 'show off' and tell the world how good they are!

Today's culture is also 'if it does not work, BIN it'

The age of most users on this forum is ageing like our population .... plus the 'youth' of today only use the computer for the above/!Removed! and would rather be out in the park stabbing/drink/!Removed! each other!

This is just the beginning of the end as we all know the the 'youths' of today WONT be buying a Toyota!

:D

So nothing will get sorted, no polls regarding GOLD, no reg reps........ There's a surprise.

Waste of time. :angry:

It might also be something to do with the current line up...

6 years ago when I joined some of the "Fun" cars were still fairly new, MR2 turbos, Celica GT4s, Supras etc...

A lot of the people that I remember as the people I had a laugh with have moved on to other brands, as unless you want to stay oldschool, there isn't anything left to cater for that group, which is why the likes of myself, Lord Ed, Bibbs etc drifted away.

I dearly wanted to stay loyal to Toyota after having about 9 on them but there was simply nothing at all that fitted my needs... altohugh underneath I still feel like a Toyota owner...(we still have one in the family, although she wants to get a 1 series or Z4) and I'll probably get either another MR2, another supra, or a Hilux..

I know a bit back the Moderation "tightened up" a lot which had the effect of killing some fun, and causing people to splinter off... however thigns seemed to have calmed down a little on that front, and the result I would say is already visible, like I said earlier I think TOC has got a lot better again recently and is certainly on the rise!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links