Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heeeellllp Plllz

Asif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HAVE 2X 12" JBL 1800WATT SUBS

1 JBL MONO BLOCK AMP TO POWER THEM AT 300WATT RMS

INFINITY 6 X 9'S 300 WATT PEAK 100 RMS KICKER COMP AMP TO POWER THEM

6 X 300WATT TWEETERS JVC AMP TO POWER THEM.

I DNT QUITE NO WATS THE BEST WAY TO HOOK EM UP, I WAS TOL TO TAKE A 2 GAUGE WIRE FROM Battery TO MA BOOT THEN TO BUT A DISTIRBUTOR BLOCK ON IT SO I CAN HOOK MA 3 AMPS WITH 4 GAUGE WIRE TO IT???? THEN I WAS TOLD I NEED TO CHANGE MA ALTINATOR (I ANT FEELING DAT) ??? HELLLPPP!!!!!

First off, no need to shout :P

Second, you say twin 1800W subs, and only a 300W amp to power them????? Surely you need a more powerful amp for that? I only have a 250W sub powered by a 250W amp, but I used to have a 600W sub with the same amp and it was SERIOUSLY underpowered, which is why I changed my sub rather than go for a new amp :blink:

The rest, sorry cant help, but make sure you do a good job of installing it as it seems you got some serious bits of equipment there :drool:

Let us know how it goes.

Atik

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Im 17 as well, nice corolla. Thats a hell ov a lot of ICE in such a car, are you sure you need all of it?

Unfortunatly atikali2000 is right, the subs are HORRENDOUSLY underpowered. You have 3600W powered by a 300W amp, Id go for a 1000W amp for EACH, bridging each one, or you might just be alright using a 1000W amp for both. You could probably power one sub by the 300W amp and then the other by the 300W amp used for the tweeters. Amping tweeters like that will ruin the sound if you have underpowered bass. The tweeters can be run off the head unit (rated as a 60W amp). The 6*9s sound excellent though.

To wire it all up i would connect the amps to their relevant Speakers as i have said (one for each sub, one for 6*9s, tweeters in Head unit Pre-Outs),

Run a wire from the + Battery terminal to the rear of the car. Split it into 3 wires using some sort of connector and run each wire into the power input of the amps.

Earth each amp to the chassis (under the floor carpets) on bare metal (may need scraping to get a good earth). The amps are now running a complete circuit.

To turn the amps on, the head unit has a RCA lead (i think) to switch each amp on. This needs to be split like the power cable and run into each amp.

The tweeters then plug into the pre-out ports in the head unit.

However i would get expert advice before continuing, the simplest mistake can have deadly consequences, be it electrocution, or fire hazards. Take a look at my spec. It cost £460 for the ICE and although it seems inferiour to your equipment it has beaten some of the best installs i have seen at my local cruise venues which goes to show that its not what ICE you have but its how well you set it up that gets sound quality.

Good luck with it :)

PS: Watch out for your insurance quote, they might charge a LOT for that much audio gear :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links