Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Throttle Response/warning Light

plasmaman

Hi, I have just bought an 04 avensis 2.0d4d with about 90,000 miles on clock,seems to run well,but on 2 occasions the following has happened.Not long after setting off ,if i need to pull up(traffic lights or junction)when idling the revs have increased to about 1100 rpm,when i've gone to pull away there is very little or no response from throttle.Ive turned off the ignition then turned it back on and the car has been fine but the malfunction indicator light has come on. This has happened twice, the first time the light went out after i had left it parked for a short while,after the second time the light has stayed on.HELP PLEASE!!

Also it seems a little smokier than I'd expect on accelleration(black smoke)don't know if this is related.

Thanks

Hi, I have just bought an 04 avensis 2.0d4d with about 90,000 miles on clock,seems to run well,but on 2 occasions the following has happened.Not long after setting off ,if i need to pull up(traffic lights or junction)when idling the revs have increased to about 1100 rpm,when i've gone to pull away there is very little or no response from throttle.Ive turned off the ignition then turned it back on and the car has been fine but the malfunction indicator light has come on. This has happened twice, the first time the light went out after i had left it parked for a short while,after the second time the light has stayed on.HELP PLEASE!!

Also it seems a little smokier than I'd expect on accelleration(black smoke)don't know if this is related.

Thanks

hello

most probably the problem is with SCV mounted on the injection pump.

have them tested first.

or another problem with air inside of injection circle.

cheers/Igor

Thanks

hello

have them tested first.

cheers/Igor

Cheer Igor,

Are either of these major(expensive) problems ?

Thanks

hello

have them tested first.

cheers/Igor

Cheer Igor,

Are either of these major(expensive) problems ?

well

either can be tested by a multi tester to simply check with coils resistance.

in case of air -- it can be escaped easily by manual booster pump.

cheers/Igor

When you turn the climate control on when the engine is cold the revs at idle do increase to about 1100rpm and you can hear the turbo whistle.

When you turn the climate control on when the engine is cold the revs at idle do increase to about 1100rpm and you can hear the turbo whistle.

Add to this supermarket fuel :rolleyes:

I noticed with my previous avensis 2.0 D-4D that it would smoke if I used supermarket fuel but not with Shell.. so that told me not to use it again :thumbsup:

I have taken car to local garage(independant).He has checked fault code history and came up with an old one for turbo boost and the most recent one for camshaft sensor.He cant see any immediate problems but has reset history and told me to bring it back if it happens again to see if it comes up with the same fault!?having driven the car a bit more since my first post i have established that this problem only occurs when the car is cold.(go to pull out at junction,no throttle response.turn engine off and on again then drive on.)once the car is warmed up(even only slightly warmed up)its fine.

Sounds like its going into safe mode. This sets the revs a little higher so you can drive vehicle to a safer spot when there is a fault within the system. If the warning light is coming on, get it checked out. Should be a fault code stored.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links