Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can A New Battery Improve The Sound And General Performance ?

Zincubus

Can a new Battery improve the sound and general performance ??

I had a new Battery fitted today . replacing the original 8 year old one . and the Rav seemed to perform better and seemed to run smoother and quieter !!!

Is this possible or was it my imagination ???

Also , shoud we take it for a half hour blast onthe motorway to get it fully charged or will it have come fully chartged ??

Thanks guys !!

NO you just feel good about having a new Battery :lol:

It should have come fully charged, but it would do no harm to charge it for a few hours. A blast up the motorway isnt going to help that much TBH

Kingo :thumbsup:

Can a new battery improve the sound and general performance ??

I had a new battery fitted today . replacing the original 8 year old one . and the Rav seemed to perform better and seemed to run smoother and quieter !!!

Changed my Battery and Rav is a lot quieter now , the alarm doesnt go off when I remove the key !! :yahoo:

Can a new battery improve the sound and general performance ??

I had a new battery fitted today . replacing the original 8 year old one . and the Rav seemed to perform better and seemed to run smoother and quieter !!!

first, well done on getting 8 years out of a Battery!

Like most cars nowadays, it is more touchy about the voltages at sensors etc etc.

When one starts tuning a car up, one thing that needs to be assured is that the gubbins get the proper voltage otherwise things don't work quite as they should. Fuel and ignition can suffer a bit if voltage is down....or the Battery is inadequate. So I'd guess that your old Battery was holding less than the 12.4V that normally is there and the engine management system didn't quite work as it should. The new battery refreshes the parts that other things don't reach, and hey presto - you've got a drag racer now!

We also had the DIFF option disconnected - could that have made the difference ?

Even the wife has noticed that it is purring !!

Also this link suggests that a reset can have benifits.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2020

We also had the DIFF option disconnected - could that have made the difference ?

Even the wife has noticed that it is purring !!

Also this link suggests that a reset can have benifits.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2020

I'd doubt that the diff lock would make any difference unless it had been locked on.

On the ecu, it would not have made any difference on the early RAVs as they weren't that clever. On your model, again I'd doubt it but admit to being unsure.

It is a year 2000 and even though it's a Mk1 Rav - it was the "last- batch" before the Mk2 was rolled out so maybe it was fairly well developed by our Rav ??

I have read that when the engine ecu is reset after a change of Battery or whatever , windows and other things suddenly start to work again - this makes me think that maybe we really are experienceing a better performance .

When one starts tuning a car up, one thing that needs to be assured is that the gubbins get the proper voltage otherwise things don't work quite as they should. Fuel and ignition can suffer a bit if voltage is down....or the battery is inadequate. So I'd guess that your old battery was holding less than the 12.4V that normally is there and the engine management system didn't quite work as it should. The new battery refreshes the parts that other things don't reach, and hey presto - you've got a drag racer now!

Quite so, bothy, and with a poorly Battery one would get feeble little sparks, too. Also, if the old Battery really was a goner and not holding its charge, then the alternator would have been working hard all the time, putting an additional load on the engine.