Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Radio/cd Player

chris cudlip

Don't really want to be ripping the standard Toyota radio out of my Compressor. Was wondering if there is any way to plug in or wire up an MP3 player?? Anyone got any ideas or been able to do this?

Thanks

Chris

Don't really want to be ripping the standard Toyota radio out of my Compressor. Was wondering if there is any way to plug in or wire up an MP3 player?? Anyone got any ideas or been able to do this?

Thanks

Chris

well i was in my local toyota garage the other day and i know the lads well. they were telling me you can get a connection now that is used on the new toyotas that will do the old. basically you take out the radio and it fits in at the back, the wire from this sits in the glove box and then you can just hook up the mp3 player/ ipod. that means then its not out in the open for everyone to see. hope this hepls. i think they said it was about 150 euro, but over in your neck of the woods its probably a lot cheaper. it is a little expensive but its meant to be a very tidy little modification

You can also buy from eBay an x-car link. It should not cost over 100euros and you can wire it up to the OEM head unit. It reads usb memories with your mp3s and also reads the folders you put the songs in. You don't need any wiring extras and can manage it through the steering wheel controls!

Yeah ive got an x-car link its really good except the steering wheel track selection doesnt work,only the volume and on/off.Its very easy to install and works well.I swear by mine,its great not having to remove your head unit face plate all the time :D

Yeah ive got an x-car link its really good except the steering wheel track selection doesnt work,only the volume and on/off.Its very easy to install and works well.I swear by mine,its great not having to remove your head unit face plate all the time :D

Well looks like i will be getting one of these then. As i said i'm not a fan of ripping out the original sound system but really wanted my mp3 to plug in. Thanks for the advice guys.

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links