Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T3-x D4d

Phil_M

Hi,

Am looking at buying one of these, a 54 plate diesel model it has 73k on the clock, was owned by Toyota finance services. It has full service history (8 so far). What should I be looking out for?

Sounds alright. Listen for any abnormal noises if everythink sounds alright then its alright. As long as it has full service history like you said it should ok.

Sounds alright. Listen for any abnormal noises if everythink sounds alright then its alright. As long as it has full service history like you said it should ok.

Its the mileage that I have my eye on, the engine sounds sweet. Im am used to Vauxhalls but have had enough there (long story). Are Toyotas ok to go much past 100k?

Its the mileage that I have my eye on, the engine sounds sweet. Im am used to Vauxhalls but have had enough there (long story). Are Toyotas ok to go much past 100k?

Mileage isnt much of an issue on diesel cars. They will do past 100K no problems. If you look after the car well the engine can do 200K easy. If the car has full service history you know that the car has been looked after well. 73,000 these days is nothing for a diesel engine.

To phil-m,

Firstly the paperwork, make sure everything is in order no matter who you are buying it of. Check your servive history for cambelt change at 60,000 miles & should you buy the car make sure oil is changed every 10,000 miles thereafter with good quality oil ex: Castrol no cheepo oil. The engine is an absolute mile muncher & if well looked after will by-pass 200.000 miles with ease. Wear & tear items like any other car should be checked, all electrical components working and condition of brakes & tyres etc etc, you don't want to buy car only to have to spend a couple of hundred pounds on new tyres in 1000 miles time. Check headlamps for condensation (known fault ) check paperwork to see if they have been changed under warranty, also a/r/bar bushes & links can wear quickly depending on condition of your roads. And if you can have trained mechanic look at car with you, this would be a bonus.

When on r/test make sure the radio is switched off as well as the salesmans mouth so you can listen for any strange noises.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: An idea to check shut-lines around any openings, doors, bonnet and so on & any signs of mis-match in paint colour due to repair work. DON'T FORGET HPI CHECK.

The clutch started getting VERY heavy on mine after about 65K, I had it all renewed at 80K service cos my wife could no longer drive it. Headlights def worth checking, they are not good at the best of times. Other than that, a wonderful motor. Good luck!

The clutch started getting VERY heavy on mine after about 65K, I had it all renewed at 80K service cos my wife could no longer drive it. Headlights def worth checking, they are not good at the best of times. Other than that, a wonderful motor. Good luck!

Thanks guys, have now taken the plunge

also check expansion tank for excessive use of coolant , could mean head gasket problems ,, mr t told me its a common fault ,, also loud rattles when cold could indicate injector problems, i had my head gasket changed at 48k and injectors at 40 k

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links