Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My107 Chiptunes

guidom15

It's been a while since I posted something here so I though I could better come with something interesting.

I got my107 chiptuned

Here is the result:

- Standard 107 1.0 Factory info

68BHP @ 6000RPM - 93Nm @ 3600RPM

- Standard 107 1.0 on this Dyno

(different car but you have an idea what a standard 107 does)

75.8BHP @ 5974RPM - 105Nm @ 3608RPM

- Dyno with Standard Chip setup & K&N Induction kit & Sport Exhaust

79.4BHP @ 5946RPM - 108Nm @ 2691RPM

- Dyno with Bullpower Chip Tuning & K&N Induction kit & Sport Exhaust

87.3BHP @ 5937RPM - 118Nm @ 4483RPM

more info and some pictures and Graph here:

http://my107.blogspot.com/2009/02/my107-chip-tuned.html

enjoy

Guidom

Nice one, Guidom15 B)

When you say sport exhaust, do you mean a new manifold, sports cat or decat and backbox, or just the backbox?

The exhaust manifold on the Aygo looks especially restrictive, so would be a good place to stick a better part on.

Paul.

Nice one, Guidom15 B)

When you say sport exhaust, do you mean a new manifold, sports cat or decat and backbox, or just the backbox?

The exhaust manifold on the Aygo looks especially restrictive, so would be a good place to stick a better part on.

Paul.

Just the backbox, so yes you are right there some room for improvement.

Firstly, thanks for the site Guido .. it is a great resource for our C1/107/Aygo cars :thumbsup:

and another one

:thumbsup:

for good measure ! :D

You said "Just been driving for a bit and first reaction is that the car has a bit more power, you need less revs then before to drive a certain speed. It drives a bit more comfortable. You will notice it but don't expect miracles."

However that is a big percentage jump, I would have thought 68 to 87+ would have been very noticable?

Are you going to do the supercharger conversion?

Regards

Andy

I was already driving with the K&N filter and the exhaust so it was a little step in power.

I think if you go from a standard to a chip tunes + filter + exhaust you will notice it way more.

G

No super charger for me.

This is great indeed. I also have a aftermarket backbox, but I always thought that I should increase the diameter of the exhaust pipe to get some power. It's really nice to know that strapping on a k&n filter I would have about 79 hp. Of course I will also go for the flash tuning to get it to at least 85 hp.

This is great because I have a friend with a Clio III that has 83 hp stock. But the weight difference is something to consider...

Another thing to look out for is that Blitz is doing a small turbo for the iQ, which should fit on the Aygo I guess.

Paul.

The Blitz turbo will be for the 1.0 engine? Because as far as I know, the iQ will also have a 1.3l engine at 100hp. I think the 1.0 68 hp + turbo will be about 100 hp.

I'm thinking: why get the 1.0 engine then turbo when I could get the 1.3 and have the same power...

If Blitz do make it for the 1.0 engine and it's safe, I think I will get one but ONLY IF the price is right. Should be cheaper than the supercharger conversion that costs half of the price of a WHOLE new car.

Also, if we can have about 90 hp from a filter, a backbox and flash tuning - those cost like 1000 euros tops. So... what.. am I supposed to think: YES, I want to spend another 2000 for another .. 10 hp? I would rather spend 3000 euros for a 1.3l engine from the iQ and replace the whole 1.0l engine. But that's just me...

I know what you mean crisskro, if you are going to start spending an amount of money you really do want to appreciate what you have paid. You want that "Wow" factor compared to "Hmm" :D

Turbo engines should be able to do 130-140% of their capacity and still be reliable, so I would expect something a lot larger than 100 for a 1 litre. 100bhp would be something a car manufacturer would go for to make it truly safe, surely an aftermarket Japanese turbo would go more 130-150bhp?

The 1.3, how much does that weigh compared to the 1.0? Would you not blunt the handling if it was heavier and sap performance?

Regards

Andy

If the supercharger does 130 hp, I would be surprised if the turbo will do more. Actually I would be surprised if the engine doesn't blow... Still, if it were to cost say 2000 euros and make 110 hp and be safe, I would get one. That seems only fair.

Some problems tho - the iQ has 997cc vs 998cc, the exhaust is different I think. I am worried that the turbo+ecu setup will not be 100% compatible with the aygo engine.

The 1.3 would probably weigh more, but I don't think more then the 1.4 diesel engine - maybe getting the diesel springs etc could work. Maybe even the iQ springs etc will work. Anyway, if the glanza engine fit and the handling was ok, we shouldn't worry about that just yet.

It's too early now, but some nice things are going to happen in the near future as more tuners show up in the picture :)

• 1 month later...
Erm.. bump?

Does anyone have any news on the turbo kit?

Paul might. I get the feeling it will not be an easy swap though.

Regards

Andy

Last I heard, Blitz had made the parts and fitted it to a iQ, but it hadn't been mapped. On Sunday at the next round of the TSS I will speak to my friend who saw it in Japan.

Also, don't be too quick to judge the performance just on the horsepower figure alone. The turbo will give you more grunt from medium revs and up, I don't know where the 1.33 engine makes its power, but you have to suspect given the economy that it is mainly top end. We will see.

The supercharger is definitely a lot of top end and to an extent that helps to protect the gearbox. If you increase the mid-range torque with a turbo, it will drive nicely but the clutch and gearbox may suffer.

Not sure yet---we need to see some torque curves.

Paul.

... If you increase the mid-range torque with a turbo, it will drive nicely but the clutch and gearbox may suffer.

Not sure yet---we need to see some torque curves...

Toyota think 130Nm of torque is the upper limit to prolong the life of the gearbox. This is the figure they de-tuned the 1.4 diesel engine to.

I don't know if there are uprated clutches available for the aygo, but the diesel clutch might be an option as it has a larger diameter and thicker material than the petrol's clutch material.

Toyota think 130Nm of torque is the upper limit to prolong the life of the gearbox. This is the figure they de-tuned the 1.4 diesel engine to.

Is it the same gearbox? And what is that in old money, ftlbs? :D

I don't know if there are uprated clutches available for the aygo, but the diesel clutch might be an option as it has a larger diameter and thicker material than the petrol's clutch material.

Somebody posted to say a Yaris 190mm clutch will fit on an Aygo. I think the Aygo only has a 160mm one. Seems there are plenty of 190 aftermarket upgrades too.

Paul.

130Nm is just under 96 lb/ft.

Yes, it's the same gearbox, with some gear ratios changed. If you go ahead and try and use the diesel Aygo (C1 HDi) gearbox, you are likely to also need to use the diesel flywheel.

hwhjec.jpg

35alq3t.jpg

http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/Powernews/Rotrex-news.html

Applicable body type: Toyota DBA-KGJ10

Year: December 2008 to current

Engine Type: 1KR-FE 3cyl. 1000cc

Drive train: 2WD(CVT)

Kit Price $3150

Note:

■The kit is made specifically for Toyota iQ 1KR-FE(CVT)

■The kit has tested only with 100 octane gasoline

■Spark plugs need to be replaced with #7

■Cooler reserve tank needs to be cut and separate from the fan shroud

Stock:

Power: 68ps

Torque: 9.2kgm

With Rotrex C15-16

Power: 85ps

Torque: 11.3kgm

$3150 for 17 hp????? Lower than k&n+exhaust+flasshtuning it?

ARE YOU F KIDDING ME???

Maybe they have been reading about the clutches on here ! :lol:

The TTS supercharger conversion uses the same Rotex and gets 125bhp. Though it is 50% more expensive.

Regards

Andy

Yea.. but I'm sure that someone who will turbo/suprercharge their aygo has no doubt that the cluch will fail.. it's only a matter of time... But only 17 hp.. that's a stupid price. What's the use? The iQ already has the 1.3l engine making more than 85 hp...

At first sight this does not look very related

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/main.as...ory=Project+Car

However if you look at the very bottom of the page it says

"Look out for our 2009 project coming soon ! The UK's lightest, lowest cost, lowest insurance, highest fuel economy car....can it be done? "

What could it be? Well I know they own a C1 !! B) I've emailed them to confirm it is the C1 they are turbocharging.

Regards

Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links