Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does The T Sport Have An Lsd?

leroy1984

The reason I ask is that im fed up with my gearbox and the stiff changes. Im considering putting in some slick 50 gearbox treatment. What do you guys think to that????

Its worth a try but it doesnt normally do anything.Yours is sticky then?I know its a long throw on our gear box.

Yeah Ive got the typical problems with reverse and first, but im also getting a very knotchy change. Its like the gearstick is attached to the actual gears as i can feel when the gear engages through the stick.

Im a little reluctant to add the Slick 50 as ive herd horror stories, not sure how it could cause damage other than possibly clogging oil transfer pipes.

As mentioned above it doesnt but all UK spec Mr2 roadsters (some jap models) have an LSD as standard and it can be put in the 2zz box. That's what I had done

Yeah the fensport TRD one £600 .Not sure how much fitting would be though.When you think what people spend on alloys £600 isnt too bad for something as usful as that. :D

if i didnt have my mind set on an lotus exige s as my next car i would be moding my car as much as i could and this lsd would be first, then coil overs, then flywheel, then cams, the list goes on but i dont see me making this money i would spend on these mods back when its time to move on in a few years time.

My old starlet GT had one fitted, it was the only way i could put 200bhp to the floor, still spun like hell though!

Wish i could justify 600 for one but my suspenion needs changing first.

Going back to the slick 50, Has anybody tried it in their gearboxes?

As mentioned above it doesnt but all UK spec Mr2 roadsters (some jap models) have an LSD as standard and it can be put in the 2zz box. That's what I had done

Actually that's not true. The early MK3 MR2 didn't have LSD. This came after a minor facelift when they also changed the light clusters and increased the rear wheels to 16" as well as adding LSD. Think the facelift was done on 04 plates, though I might have the dates wrong.

Actually that's not true. The early MK3 MR2 didn't have LSD. This came after a minor facelift when they also changed the light clusters and increased the rear wheels to 16" as well as adding LSD. Think the facelift was done on 04 plates, though I might have the dates wrong.

Think you might be getting confused with the imports. All UK cars had one as standard since launch, 100%. Toyota didnt pipe up about it until the facelift was launched (late 52 plate/03) as it had a 6 speed box opposed to 5. It was an option on all jap models and was available as an option in the US only after '04.

You can tell by looking at the engine sticker on the drivers side, ie '1ZZ W52Q' 1zz is obviously the engine, the next three digits denotes the transmission type and the Q means LSD.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links