Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Profiles Deflating

theWizard

I was chatting to a celica owner who has 18"s on his with 225/40 rubber. He said putting on 18"s was a bad move as a few times he had a flat tyre. The first he took to get repaired, he was told there was no puncture.

The repair guy told him having so low a profile this will happen when you hit a pothole or on very bumpy back roads, the tyre slips off its bead on the wheel resulting in deflated tyre.

Has this ever happened to anyone and how often?

Dont know whether my story is similar, I have dropped to a lower profile tire (changed wheel size from 14's to 15's so fitted a tire that matched the rolling) and noticed they all seem to loose pressure quite often, one in particular but when tested, also I was told there was no puncture, but I do a hell of a lot of miles and drive onto a few building sites littered with potholes so this could be true!!

Sorry I'm no real help thoug!!

• 2 months later...

my low profile tyres lose pressure more than my other car's. i put it down to the fact that there is less air in them so when you lose a bit (which occurs naturally) it has a greater effect.

all tyres loose air all the time as when they get hot the pressure increases and will escape through the wall.