Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Baby Seat

mrbluesky

Hi I am a new member on here and hope you dont bite??? ;) First Toyota we have owned and or driven and we love it.

We are picking up a Britax Baby Seat for our Grandaughter which I hope to fit I wondered whether it is a difficult job, also would it be better/safer to fit rear nearside of my RAV?

HI Mr B + welcome' we are quite a freindly bunch on here + certainly dont bite, we get an occasional difference of opinion + sometimes we have been known to drift off topic, but its nearly always lighthearted banter, not much use to you on babyseats never having fitted one, however i think the handbook goes into quite a lot of detail + others on here will help when they look in..Cheers Mate :thumbsup: Might help in general if we know what year/ model your rav is..

Hi I am a new member on here and hope you dont bite??? ;) First Toyota we have owned and or driven and we love it.

We are picking up a Britax Baby Seat for our Grandaughter which I hope to fit I wondered whether it is a difficult job, also would it be better/safer to fit rear nearside of my RAV?

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:

Ive a 2006 rav and in the rear you can fit the child seat on the iso-fixing points on either side of the rear seats or by fitting the seatbelts around it ( as i have done ) through the special slots in the child seats . Be sure to fit a protection mat underneath as it stops the seats from being damaged and also gives the childseat more grip . Hope this helps :)

Yo Blue, well as a Grandad with two grandkids, we have fitted Britax Isofix kid seats to our Previa and they are a doddle to fit. As the kids have grown a wee bit bigger (now 4 and 5) we have now gone for the group 2-3 seats which are even easier to fit but the wife gave the isofix a miss this time as the cost is considerable. I personally wish we had stayed with the Isofix as they appear to be a better solution to me and cost isn't really an issue where my grandkids are concerned but the other options are down to seat belt retention.

You haven't said what Britax seat you are 'picking up' so no real details here to help us but as I have now fitted two types, I can only say that there are really no issues I have found to fitting if you can follow simple instructions. I suggest you look at the Britax site which offers fitting suggestions

http://www.britax.co.uk/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=62

As for your question on fitting location for one seat, I personally would fit it rear nearside as opening the door to the pavement must be better than roadside and front passenger involves shutting off airbags etc.

Enjoy your Grandaughter and all the joy it brings to you and yours. :lol:

For the Rav people here, we get our Rav XT-R next week so will be joining this forum but we are keeping the Previa so will bounce between both forums if that's OK :hug:

Thanks for all your input Guys specially the mat under the seat (good tip)I will have more details when we pick the seat up, rest assured I will get the fitting checked. By the way you are a friendly lot, knowledgeable too I am sure we will have more interesting discussions, in the future good site ;)

We've fitted our baby seat directly behind the driver. Two reasons; firstly if mummy is driving she can't be tempted to keep turning round and looking over her shoulder at Darling Daughter and thus cause the accident that we pay so much to avoid. Secondly so that Front Passenger Parent can lean the seat back and attend to whatever needs attending to, while driving.

We have an old towel under the baby seat to protect the car seat, seems fine.

Good luck.

We've fitted our baby seat directly behind the driver. Two reasons; firstly if mummy is driving she can't be tempted to keep turning round and looking over her shoulder at Darling Daughter and thus cause the accident that we pay so much to avoid. Secondly so that Front Passenger Parent can lean the seat back and attend to whatever needs attending to, while driving.

We have an old towel under the baby seat to protect the car seat, seems fine.

Good luck.

Ye

I use an old towel on the passenger seat as well in case my father wets himself :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links