Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuse Woes

J&A

Please help! I've been using my old mans' 06 Aygo for a week now, and its performed superbly. However, last night I unplugged a SatNav from the 12v supply (No, not a !Removed! lighter these days!) and as I did so the radio suddenly switched off. Not only that but it's refused to switch back on, and that's my problem. Despite searching everywhere I couldn't lay my hands on the Owners' Manual to help me locate what I suspect is a blown fuse.

I then resorted to searching round the vehicle but all I've found so far is the large-ish box behind the Battery, and all those fuses appear to be intact. Of course, as the box bears no sort of key or diagram I'm not even sure if the suspect fuse is amongst those that ones I checked. I'm also assuming that there must be other locations, given that this contains only about 7 fuses- my MR2 has about three times that number!

So I'd be really grateful therefore if someone could either let me have a diagram or just give me an idea as to where I should look next. I really HAVE to get it sorted before Tuesday- that's the day he gets out of hospital and I don't really want to take his place.

Thanks for looking!

Please help! I've been using my old mans' 06 Aygo for a week now, and its performed superbly. However, last night I unplugged a SatNav from the 12v supply (No, not a !Removed! lighter these days!) and as I did so the radio suddenly switched off. Not only that but it's refused to switch back on, and that's my problem. Despite searching everywhere I couldn't lay my hands on the Owners' Manual to help me locate what I suspect is a blown fuse.

I then resorted to searching round the vehicle but all I've found so far is the large-ish box behind the battery, and all those fuses appear to be intact. Of course, as the box bears no sort of key or diagram I'm not even sure if the suspect fuse is amongst those that ones I checked. I'm also assuming that there must be other locations, given that this contains only about 7 fuses- my MR2 has about three times that number!

So I'd be really grateful therefore if someone could either let me have a diagram or just give me an idea as to where I should look next. I really HAVE to get it sorted before Tuesday- that's the day he gets out of hospital and I don't really want to take his place.

Thanks for looking!

Hi There.

I'm not sure of the specific fuse but......

Many fuses are located in the instrument binnacle on either side of the speedo.

If you turn the steering wheel to the left, a screw is revealed. unscrew it.

Turn the steering wheel right and remove the other.

Lift the speedo cover and VOILA !! Fuses.

Look at THIS article.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64418

You'll see where I mean.

fuses.jpg

Ian.

Pull the instrument panel surround off - fuses behind that. (speedo surround)

Mart.

And the one that's blown is probably on the lefthand side,

middle position. It's a 15A fuse, so blue in color.

You mean you didn't think to start taking the dash to bits looking for fuses? ;)

It is a somewhat unusual location, that's for sure!

x

WTF were they thinking when they added more fuses there ?

I never would have thought you'd need to dismantle the steering column to get to the damn fuses.

The worrying thing is that I added a rev counter to my car and still missed those hidden fuses.

Same thing happened to me, left it into the garage to get fixed, they told me it was the fuses and they got it sorted easy enough but I dont know if doing it yourself invalidates the warranty

Its just a fuse it won't invalidate the warranty

• 4 years later...

I have located and unscrewed both screws hiding behind the steering column, but the speedo housing will not lift off easily like suggested here.

I am reluctant to tug and pull in case I snap something I shouldn't!

What sort of resistance should be felt when trying to lift the housing unit off?

Also,I need to check the fuses for the stereo (which stopped working suddenly) along with the bluetooth system (no longer works or lights up) and 12V power socket outlet which also has stopped working. I think the power socket stopped working before the radio, but I think the radio and bluetooth system both may have stopped working suddenly at the same time.

Which fuses do I need to check for these 3 and where are they located? The manual suggest I should check fuse number 12, but interior lights, rear window demist, Air Con, hazards, indicators, main lights etc working OK.

I have managed to check ALL fuses in the fuse box located in the engine compartment and none appear to be blown.

Anyone have any suggestions or things to check (and 'how') before I give up and send car into garage :-(

It's a Aygo Blue 2010 plate (and just out of 3 year warranty!) Typical!!!!

Hi I don't which fuse specifically does what but.............................If you have removed the 2 screw the speedo shroud 'will' just come off....don't be afraid to use a little force....it clicks into the lower shroud with lugs........push upwards ;-) hope that helps a little ;-)

Audio should be 'F7' in the engine compartment 15Amp ..............but could also (more likely) be 'F11' a 15Amp which is the 4th down from the top as you look at the speedo from the drivers seat ..This one is also the cig lighter socket ;-)

Don't know how well this pic will come out...

fuses001_zpsd42c886d.jpg

Success!!! Thank you sooo much for your postings of help.

The speedo housing DID come off relatively easily with a little tug. (Was just a bit frightened in case I cracked it, or if it needed a catch depressing or something)

The blue 15A fuse was found 4th fuse down on left side as you look at it from inside the car (from top down - red, brown, yellow, blue, brown, blue, brown). I found the little pair of white pincers/tweezers in the main engine compartment fuse box just behind the Battery, which were a boon in getting the fiddly fuses in and out (I checked them all while I was at it!).

Once I had replaced this, the radio, 12V power socket outlet AND the bluetooth handsfree unit, all sprang back into life

YEAY!!!! :clap:

Thanks once again guys. Think I have just saved myself about £35/hr garage diagnostic charges and the hassle of not having a car for the day.
Encouragement to others - If I can fix it (with a little help from forums like this) then ANYONE can do it. Have a go..... :toast:

Was glad to help and ...YAY!!!! well done ;-))

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links