Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spraying Headlights

kangzy

has any took apart thier headlights and sprayed them black?

how easy? instructions?

wat paint?

thanks shaun

has any took apart thier headlights and sprayed them black?

how easy? instructions?

wat paint?

thanks shaun

You can get the paint from Halfords for about £10-15 and you can buy specific paint for it (You'll see it in there).

Take off the Headlamps covers, then after shaking the paint for TWO minutes and no less (Trust me you need to! :lol: ), then spray the inside with even strokes and in very fine layers.

Once you have done a couple of layers, you should test to see how they are, otherwise youll be pulled over more than I get slapped for using cheeky pick-up lines! :lol:

When you have the right level of darkness, you can just let them dry for a day or so because the paints vapour can ignite and screw up the circuit for the bulbs.

I reccomend that you get another piece of plastic to test on first to get a feel for the paint and then do the real thing.

You dont have to worry if you mess up because you can buy headlamp paint remover too. :)

You lights will be useless if you paint them black, surely. :rolleyes:

Yeah it will be! lol

I got put off painting them when i looked at them headlight, the chrome reflector bit (headlight bulb area bit)& headlight housing is 1 piece so gotta mask carefully what bits to spray & what NOT to spray other wise u said it be useless in dark lol, would of loved to get them done, i had black headlights (standard fit) on my 323f 2.0 sport as i remembered the chrome bit is removable so only headlight housing is painted without affecting the brightness when lit. if the corolla was like that it be much easier, shame i would of liked this JDM styling on mine.

Dont know how else its done but dont you need to sand it down first ?

spraying only the housing will not effect the light im sure! but if the headlight is attatched all in one then there will be a problem spraying it accurately.

spraying only the housing will not effect the light im sure! but if the headlight is attatched all in one then there will be a problem spraying it accurately.

Nope it wouldnt, jst saying the headlight housing + the chrome reflector (headlight bulb area) bit is 1 piece making it bit harder so need to mask it accurately, need more time masking it, i wanted to do on my old lexus is200 Altezza as u can remove the the housing from the chrome reflector on them cars once headlight lense is off, had to sell the car at the time so didnt :(