Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

About To Buy

JayEss

Hi!

I'm about to get myself a Verso SR D-4D but am unsure on a couple of things that I'm hoping your experiences can help with...

I'm getting a new one for £15,995. This seems like a good price and, for what I'd save, it doesn't seem like an ex-demo is worth it. Following bad experiences with my last two vehicles I'm not keen on 2nd hand. Does £15,995 seem like a good price? Should I look again at ex-demo - perhaps the ones I saw were not good deals.

The dealer is trying to sell me Superguard. Seems it's some coating for the paintwork and interior allong with 3 years insurance for £295. Do these cars need any extra protection? Does the superguard provide this? Is the insurance worth having anyway?

Lastly, the dealer is also trying to sell me gap insurance - again for £295. If the car is written off/stolen in the first 3 years they will pay me the difference between my car insurance pay out and £15,995. Is this worth having?

I'm naturally averse to buying extras from dealers but am wondering if I'm being a bit hasty in assuming these are rip offs.

Thanks,

J

On a previous non-Toyota I had Supaguard, and I'd consider it a waste of money - it generates about £250 of profit, and so will be pushed hard by the garage in hard times. You could buy alot of Autoglym for the £50 and do a longer lasting job yourself.

Gap insurance is up to you - I thought it expensive for 3 years cover when I was offered it.

Hope this helps....

Hi!

I'm about to get myself a Verso SR D-4D but am unsure on a couple of things that I'm hoping your experiences can help with...

I'm getting a new one for £15,995. This seems like a good price and, for what I'd save, it doesn't seem like an ex-demo is worth it. Following bad experiences with my last two vehicles I'm not keen on 2nd hand. Does £15,995 seem like a good price? Should I look again at ex-demo - perhaps the ones I saw were not good deals.

The dealer is trying to sell me Superguard. Seems it's some coating for the paintwork and interior allong with 3 years insurance for £295. Do these cars need any extra protection? Does the superguard provide this? Is the insurance worth having anyway?

Lastly, the dealer is also trying to sell me gap insurance - again for £295. If the car is written off/stolen in the first 3 years they will pay me the difference between my car insurance pay out and £15,995. Is this worth having?

I'm naturally averse to buying extras from dealers but am wondering if I'm being a bit hasty in assuming these are rip offs.

Thanks,

J

Hope this helps....

It certainly does, thanks. Have done some reading on Supaguard (more results when you spell it right ;) ) and certainly won't be going for that.

Decided against the gap insurance. Found I can get it for under £130.

Just trying to work out if £16K is a good price now...

Hope this helps....

It certainly does, thanks. Have done some reading on Supaguard (more results when you spell it right ;) ) and certainly won't be going for that.

Decided against the gap insurance. Found I can get it for under £130.

Just trying to work out if £16K is a good price now...

Call a few dealers, get some quotes. I think you might be able to do better than that, especially with a new model Verso about to be launched. Dealers are desperate to make sales at the moment.

Totally agree! Wait and check out the all new 2009 Verso coming out in April. The current model will be even cheaper. Try car brokers too if you haven't a part exchange. My local dealer matched DrivetheDeal.com on the new Golf two weeks ago. All extra payments are waste of money I think. Good luck.

Thanks guys. Not sure about waiting until April. I've spoken to six dealers who have all said they can't get any more from Toyota and only two of them still had any in stock.

Will call round a few more and try the car brokers though. B)

Not been able to find another anywhere. Also it seems that the new version will be a couple of grand more with fewer "extras". Going for it - hopefully picking it up next week. :)

Did try to push the price down but didn't get anywhere. The dealer claimed that they were selling it at cost purely to meet a target and get their bonus. From what I heard from other sources I think this might well be true. Seems only brokers/fleet can sell them cheaper and they have not been able to get any for a while. Could have saved £800 a month or two ago. Ah well...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links