Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much To Pay?

lottie

Hi

I am currently looking for a black 5 door D4D Xtr Rav4 and have seen a huge price difference.I'm a little confused about the difference between the Xtr and the Xt3,if someone could tell me in simple English!

The one I have seen is 2007 (07) 21,000 miles,2.2 Xtr and is £12,995...does this sound excessive?

Any idea what a realistic price would be.This is the age I want if poss and would prefer mileage to be under 25,000.

Many thanks for your help.

Whoops sorry about that...messed up somewhere!

I looked through that post a few days ago...great post but still a bimbo.

The Xtr doesn't have run flats does it? Please no.I have a Mini Cooper and have had horrendous trouble with them...7 new tyres in 2 years at £155 a pop.So,I definitely don't want them.The 2 models (XT3 AND XTR) seem very similar.

Do you think that price is too high,the car seems to have lots of extras.

Sure I read that the XT3 is the base model so XTR has more on it and therefore is more expensive.

Also is it advisable to buy from a Toyota Dealership,do they do any kind of warranty?

Just getting armed with info before going to test drive (Every time I have driven a car I have bought it!)

Up to last night I was looking for a 55 plate 3 door until my husband,much to my amazement said go for newer and 5 door!

Whoops sorry about that...messed up somewhere!

I looked through that post a few days ago...great post but still a bimbo.

The Xtr doesn't have run flats does it? Please no.I have a Mini Cooper and have had horrendous trouble with them...7 new tyres in 2 years at £155 a pop.So,I definitely don't want them.The 2 models (XT3 AND XTR) seem very similar.

Do you think that price is too high,the car seems to have lots of extras.

Sure I read that the XT3 is the base model so XTR has more on it and therefore is more expensive.

Also is it advisable to buy from a Toyota Dealership,do they do any kind of warranty?

Just getting armed with info before going to test drive (Every time I have driven a car I have bought it!)

Up to last night I was looking for a 55 plate 3 door until my husband,much to my amazement said go for newer and 5 door!

Hello Lottie, welcome to the club.

Have a look at this:

http://www.beaconmarketing.co.uk/ebrochure...v4/Default.html

It takes a little while to load but has all the models in the 4.3 range.

Others will put you straight about warranties and the like but you can see what you get on each model.

Happy hunting.

David

Except the XTR!!!!!!!! Which has: bluetooth, cruise control, rear parking sensors, 6 spoke alloys, chrome grille trim, front under-run protector, Duro black cloth interior [leather as an option] clean rear door - no spare but a compressor and can of tyre seal, privacy glass to rear compartment, metallic paint.

Basically it falls somewhere between the XT4 and XT5 I guess.

Just to add to the above.

The XTR represents far better value than the XT3.

Don't worry - no run flats but as Dave says they have a get you home kit comprising of some sealing guk that you send into the tyre and a plug in compressor to inflate the tyre.

I don't know about the price but somebody may have an opinion other than it seems OK to me! I don't know if you are trading a car in but be sure to haggle and don't accept the first price.

A car at that age will come with the remainder of the 3 year warranty. I personally won't extend mine beyond that but there are others here that derive a lot of comfort from having it. In that respect its up to you but be sure to understand just what is covered.

Keep us informed and welcome to the world of RAVs. You are amongst friends!

Hi there. And welcome to the club!

That is the one I got! I originally went for the XT4 but [long story] ended up with an XTR.

Although the links will provide you with plenty of detailed info – here is a quick lowdown: Original XTR (that the 07-plate will be) sits between XT3 and XT4 in the lineup. It has in-dash multiCD/MP3 player, leather steering wheel with stereo controls, dual zone climate control, foglights, all the driver aid gubbins like traction/stability control, hill start etc over the XT3 spec. It is shy of leather interior and spare wheel the XT4 comes with as standard. Having driven both, I found it easiest to think of it as XT4 minus the leather :) The spare wheel “arrangement” uses regular 17” rims and tyres with a compressor and a repair compound can in lieu of a proper spare wheel. I was a bit paranoid about it to start off with, it but I am getting used to it now. I did get a spare wheel that I am keeping for “long journeys”. My rationale being: tyre compound must be good for small punctures; Club Toyota (the package you get from main dealer) comes with RAC cover, which should (hopefully) get me out of dire straits in the UK. And I was told that carrying less weight should be more fuel efficient, which makes sense, but I’m no expert and have no idea how substantial the saving is. Oh yeah, all models above XT3, stupidly (in my opinion) lose the roof rails.

Extra toys: cruise control, bluetooth, under-tray and different wheels unfortunately come with newer XTRs (57-onwards I think...)

Sorry I can’t really help with the price... no idea what my one is worth now (probably for the best)...

Hope that helps get you going. :)

Sorry I can’t really help with the price... no idea what my one is worth now (probably for the best)...

Me too :D

We all worry about the stock market but any of us that have had a new car have suffered a similar level crash. I reckon mine has lost half its value in a little over 2 years and it is a low mileage privately owned pampered example :wacko::crybaby:

Hi

I am currently looking for a black 5 door D4D Xtr Rav4 and have seen a huge price difference.I'm a little confused about the difference between the Xtr and the Xt3,if someone could tell me in simple English!

The one I have seen is 2007 (07) 21,000 miles,2.2 Xtr and is £12,995...does this sound excessive?

Any idea what a realistic price would be.This is the age I want if poss and would prefer mileage to be under 25,000.

over priced that , i had a 08 reg xtr offered for £12800 to me

Hi

Hi Lottie I can probably help you as I have just gone through the buying process, our budget was 13,000 pounds, at the time the average price for a 2008 XT-R was 17,000 pounds with a low mileage. I decided it would be better to go to the car auctions cut out the middle man and save 2/3 thousand pounds. I was searching through Trovit and saw a 2008 XT-R 4,000 miles on the clock for 13,000 pounds, needless to say done deal, really great car. So my advice is keep looking if you are as lucky as me you will pick up bargain somewhere, specally if you have cash.

Thanks to you all for your very informed answers.

Well today we put a deposit down on a Carbon Quartz 2.2 Diesel XT4 coming from Toyota this week to my local dealership.

Literally EVERY car I called about had been sold. Seem quite popular for some reason!!!

This one has 21,000 miles on it and after all my homework paid off.I haggled on 3 phone calls and got some money knocked off and we're pleased with the price we are paying. Also got what I wanted for my car in part ex.

My 9 month old Labrador is proving to be very expensive but, as they say,you can't take it with you! She sure will be travelling in luxury!

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks to you all for your very informed answers.

Well today we put a deposit down on a Carbon Quartz 2.2 Diesel XT4 coming from Toyota this week to my local dealership.

Literally EVERY car I called about had been sold. Seem quite popular for some reason!!!

This one has 21,000 miles on it and after all my homework paid off.I haggled on 3 phone calls and got some money knocked off and we're pleased with the price we are paying. Also got what I wanted for my car in part ex.

My 9 month old Labrador is proving to be very expensive but, as they say,you can't take it with you! She sure will be travelling in luxury!

Thanks again for your help.

Glad you managed to find what you were looking for and I am sure you will have lots of fun driving it! :D