Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Possible To Remove The Antenna Base?

Speed_Chaser

Hello!

I am looking for some new antenna, will maybe get a shark fin.

sharkfin.jpg

Is it possible to remove the universal antenna base somehow?

antenna.jpg

Don't have a chance to try as my car is at my grandmother's garage...

Maybe it's better that my car isn't here, cannot brake anything now :rolleyes:

BTW found something useful, theres a site which is selling shark fins for Prius'.

Made the antenna base comparsion and I think those shark fins will fit on Auris too.

They are shipping to Europe aswell...

Best regards, Alex

I also would like to know this someone stole my spare antenna I still have the original one but this would solve my problems specially if its easy to mount.

I also would like to know this someone stole my spare antenna I still have the original one but this would solve my problems specially if its easy to mount.

Allready found an answer to my own question, thought it may be good to share the info with you guys, especially when Grippen seemed to be interested.

There's a company called Visualgarage in Canada which is selling custom made and painted Shark Fin antennas... Their Shark Fins can be installed overtop of your antenna base using 3M double-sided adhesive (included), they come painted in the colour of your car using exact car model and/or color code. The reception shouldn't suffer nearly at all compared to original antenna!

I am going to order one for my Auris, just have to wait until I'll get some money transfered to my PayPal account from my bank, as my credit card doesn't support PayPal for some reason :(

Their customer service is just great, they are answering very soon so don't hesitate to send them e-mail (the only difficulty is the time difference). I am much more clever now after making my own order, so you can post your questions on this topic too!

Best regards, Alex

That's a cool one too, but it's more like GPS/GSM antenna...

Best regards, Alex

the shark antenna is gps too, but a shark antenna on a car segment of auris it isn´t cool. It ´s cool for car like bmw 320, audi a4........ only car has this is volvo c30

%7Boption%7Dhttp://http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5059/volvoc302cz2.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3051/s6300086rf6.jpg

%7Boption%7Daudi_a3_2009-trasera.jpg?w=480&h=303

In car´s colour

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.diablomotor.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/110.jpg

the shark antenna is gps too, but a shark antenna on a car segment of auris it isn´t cool. It ´s cool for car like bmw 320, audi a4........ only car has this is volvo c30

%7Boption%7Dhttp://http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5059/volvoc302cz2.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3051/s6300086rf6.jpg

%7Boption%7Daudi_a3_2009-trasera.jpg?w=480&h=303

In car´s colour

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.diablomotor.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/110.jpg

I think it's a question of taste. Personally didn't like the antennas on those pictures...

And I think that shark fin will look great on Auris!

Best regards, Alex

If you mean the ones that nerone posted, I've been reading that they do only work for FM frequencies, not supporting AM at all. And the reception is very poor!

Best regards, Alex

what about them coming out on car wash. I normally wash it on those regular car wash shops are you sure the brushes wont "brush" the antena away if it is sticked with a tape only?

what about them coming out on car wash. I normally wash it on those regular car wash shops are you sure the brushes wont "brush" the antena away if it is sticked with a tape only?

Found this from the FAQ section on Visualgarage's site:

"Does the VG Shark Fin Antenna hold up to a car wash?

Yes, the VG Shark Fin Antenna is secured firmly to the roof of your car with 3M automotive adhesive and will withstand numerous car washes, both soft cloth as well as touch-less car washes.

So if I understand this right it will stay on the roof only if you'll wash it yourself with a cloth or use a high pressure washer (or go to some touchless car wash)? Nothing about car wash with brushes :unsure:

Best regards, Alex

• 3 months later...

Have you got the shark finn antenna fitted to your car? If so can you put up a pik plz =]

thanks

Allready posted it on here... Please have a look!

Best regards, Alex

Allready posted it on here... Please have a look!

Best regards, Alex

thanks mate =]

however, is that a shark fin antenna fitted onto your car :s

seems to be just a smaller silver antenna? :s

On those three pictures in my link there is a Shark Fin antenna, but on the

others there is custom "normal" antenna (shorter than original "stick" antenna).

Best regards, Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great with shark-antenna.. I guess I'll order aswell ASAP :)

Was it plug and play, AlexC?

Yepp, Plug&Play! All you have to do is try to install it straight :D

Best regards, Alex

Yepp, Plug&Play! All you have to do is try to install it straight :D

Best regards, Alex

What about FM-signals, any diffrence? Weaker signals?

I'm about to order.. I guess black prius have the same paint code as the Auris?

No, actually the reception is fine. Haven't noticed any difference :) Yes it seems like it will match. Black Auris is "209", and there's

"209 Black Sand Pearl" colour on their Prius list. But it's best to e-mail them at VG and ask to be sure!

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex

Well, you may have solved a slight problem I have with my antenna - if I don't lift my garage door quite high enough the antenna getes caught on the door, especially when reversing the car out. I actually broke the top off accidentally and one time the garage door came down - luckily it didn't hit the roof of the car.

This shark fin antenna would solve my problem. Thanks for the info.

Trublu

Hehe no problem :) Using shorter antennas (approx. 10 cm) made for another cars may be also good option!

Best regards, Alex

What about car wash does it come off on those auto car washes? I can only wash it myself with a cloth or high pressure pistols?

They state on the company's homepage that it's better to wash it yourself or at car wash without brushes... But to me it seems more

like a precaution. You could always give it a try and if it won't stay, just put there new adhesive and install back on your roof! Then you

will know for sure. I think it won't fall off very easily though!

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links