Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5 Door Tsport?

rallybunny

Can anyone tell me much about them? They seem to be quite hard to get hold of compared to the 3 door - were there less made or are they just more popular? Is the number of doors the only difference? I have a baby on the way :D and currently have a 3 door Yaris TS, which I think is just not going to be big enough, so I'm hoping to upgrade. What are the insurance costs like? I'm due to renew the Yaris insurance next week, with a quote of £246 - the same company quote the Corolla at £298 - does that sound about right?

Thanks in advance. :)

'Rolla T Sports are Insurance group 14, Nowhere near as high as other similar powered cars, sounds like a good price if you're coming from a Yaris TS which is.. 8?

The 5 doors are only made in pre-facelift models over here.. 02-04 Regs. Shame that.. I wouldn't mind a 5 door Facelift as I have a baby on the way myself.

The doors aren't the only difference between pre and facelifted models. On facelift.... Lower suspension, full bodykit, carbon interior effect and a few other minor changes I can't think of right now.

Hi all,

I am also considering from moving from a 1.8 GXi (seven years of trouble-free motoring!) to a CTS.

I have found this forum very interesting and informative. I too am interested in a five door (small family) and would like to know the difference between the facelift and previous version.

Is it difficult/expensive to upgrade a pre-facelift to a facelift?

What price/mileage should I look out for on a say a 2003 5 door?

Any information/advice will be greatly appreciated :D

The 5 doors are only made in pre-facelift models over here.. 02-04 Regs.

I guess that's why there's less of them then. Thanks. :)

Anything else I should look out for when buying? Common faults etc?

Ensure Lift engages at 6200RPM. The Lift bolts used to sheer off in the older models which made the power band feel... a lot less Umphfull. :lol:

They're typically good cars, the clutch and gearbox is abit poor but not much else really...

If you happen to find one that's been lowered and has a strut brace, happy days. Anybody with a Pre-facelift will tell you it handles really shabbily. Needs a nice set of -30mm springs and a Strut Brace to stiffen it up a bit! You wont lose too much comfort either.

I have a 53 plate 5 door CTS, it has been one of if not the most reliable car ive ever owned, and ive had a few including German ...... 3 years of trouble free motoring so far :D :D :D :D

Personally i think the 5 door looks better than the 3 door, that rear pillar is just too fat for me and they are more understated than the facelift because they have no Skirts on, that said, i do like the front bumper better on the facelift, but each to their own .... etc

I too am interested in a five door (small family) and would like to know the difference between the facelift and previous version.

OK the main differences between pre and post facelift models are as follows:

• Lowered 15mm
    Front strut brace
    Body styling (different nose, added side skirts and fins on the rear bumper)
    Rain sensing wipers (I think)
    Interior seats have red and black styling with the leather trim having red stitching too (steering wheel and gear gaitor)

In terms of upgrading to a facelift from a pre-facelift, if you were to get all OE parts (i.e. TTE), plus the interior trim then I'd cost it at maybe £2500. You can obviously do it a lot cheaper though, i.e get some 30mm lowering springs for £150, a front strut for £100, pull some seats out of a srapped facelift CTS from a junkyard and then hit eBay for the body kit. All in all though it is a big amount of effort, and personally if you wanted a nice looking sporty 5 door hatch, then I'd be tempted to look at the Cupra.

Ensure Lift engages at 6200RPM. The Lift bolts used to sheer off in the older models which made the power band feel... a lot less Umphfull. :lol:

They're typically good cars, the clutch and gearbox is abit poor but not much else really...

If you happen to find one that's been lowered and has a strut brace, happy days. Anybody with a Pre-facelift will tell you it handles really shabbily. Needs a nice set of -30mm springs and a Strut Brace to stiffen it up a bit! You wont lose too much comfort either.

The lift bolts haven't been a problem for me (yet) and I've got an 03 5-door CTS with 68,000 miles on the clock, but as the bolts cost about £2 and can be replaced yourself, there isn't much harm in doing it anyway (and if Lift is weak on the car you want to buy, it is a good opportunity to get some money off, knowing it is a couple of quid to remedy).

Got to agree with -T- Sport on the suspension front - a stock pre-facelift can handle more like a boat on occasion and although getting coilovers and front/rear strut braces and uprated anti-rollbars would do a world of difference, the change in handling just from dropping the car 30mm on new springs and sticking a front strut under the bonnet is definitely and immediately noticeable, and in my opinion, well worth the money.

I will actually be selling mine in (probably) September as I'm moving to a sunnier country, and I'll probably be stripping it back to OE unless someone had a serious interest in buying the car as is.

If you're interested, here's a pic of my pre-facelift 5 door T Sport. Its been lowered with TTE springs, sideskirts and painted front skirts

front.jpg

side.jpg

I too am interested in a five door (small family) and would like to know the difference between the facelift and previous version.

OK the main differences between pre and post facelift models are as follows:

• Lowered 15mm
    Front strut brace
    Body styling (different nose, added side skirts and fins on the rear bumper)
    Rain sensing wipers (I think)
    Interior seats have red and black styling with the leather trim having red stitching too (steering wheel and gear gaitor)

In terms of upgrading to a facelift from a pre-facelift, if you were to get all OE parts (i.e. TTE), plus the interior trim then I'd cost it at maybe £2500. You can obviously do it a lot cheaper though, i.e get some 30mm lowering springs for £150, a front strut for £100, pull some seats out of a srapped facelift CTS from a junkyard and then hit eBay for the body kit. All in all though it is a big amount of effort, and personally if you wanted a nice looking sporty 5 door hatch, then I'd be tempted to look at the Cupra.

The lift bolts haven't been a problem for me (yet) and I've got an 03 5-door CTS with 68,000 miles on the clock, but as the bolts cost about £2 and can be replaced yourself, there isn't much harm in doing it anyway (and if Lift is weak on the car you want to buy, it is a good opportunity to get some money off, knowing it is a couple of quid to remedy).

Got to agree with -T- Sport on the suspension front - a stock pre-facelift can handle more like a boat on occasion and although getting coilovers and front/rear strut braces and uprated anti-rollbars would do a world of difference, the change in handling just from dropping the car 30mm on new springs and sticking a front strut under the bonnet is definitely and immediately noticeable, and in my opinion, well worth the money.

I will actually be selling mine in (probably) September as I'm moving to a sunnier country, and I'll probably be stripping it back to OE unless someone had a serious interest in buying the car as is.

Great Info !!! :D

I hope my Mrs doesnt see this thread, she will be sending PM's in an attempt to get the CTS gone and the Verso moved in :lol:

Now i have done all the mods i'm happy with this car, it should have been like this when it left the factory, springs alone make the biggest difference :thumbsup:

To be fair if I could find a nicely done Pre-facelift I'd buy it. Have both... Jen could use the 5 door for the baby and I'd continue to use the 3 door.

To be fair if I could find a nicely done Pre-facelift I'd buy it. Have both... Jen could use the 5 door for the baby and I'd continue to use the 3 door.

Are you feeling flush???

Buy mine in a few months then :P

Depends on price mate. :P

Babies aint cheap! :lol:

So what are you saying exactly? If you sell your baby, you can spend more money buying my car? Sounds like a plan! :lol2:

Hi all,

I am also considering from moving from a 1.8 GXi (seven years of trouble-free motoring!) to a CTS.

I have found this forum very interesting and informative. I too am interested in a five door (small family) and would like to know the difference between the facelift and previous version.

What price/mileage should I look out for on a say a 2003 5 door?

Whereabouts in Leeds you from?

Nice to see the Yorkshire contingent increasing on here :thumbsup:

Whereabouts in Leeds you from?

Nice to see the Yorkshire contingent increasing on here :thumbsup:

Good ole Headingley :thumbsup:

Does anybody know if the 5 doors come with 4x electric windows and climate control as standard, or was this an option? Never heard/seen of any with a sunroof :unsure:

Does anybody know if the 5 doors come with 4x electric windows and climate control as standard, or was this an option? Never heard/seen of any with a sunroof :unsure:

The pre-facelift (including 5-door) comes with full electric windows and climate control as standard. :)

If you're interested, here's a pic of my pre-facelift 5 door T Sport. Its been lowered with TTE springs, sideskirts and painted front skirts

Thanks. :D I will forward this thread on to hubby - he gets to keep his 350z (2 seats :rolleyes: ) so I think I should be allowed something decent too. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links