Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumtion On Carina Ii

Billy

Officially they shouldnt burn any, but anything upto about a litre every 9k shouldnt be a problem.

Err.. This is presumably oil consumption! I had an '88 Carina II, that was about 28mpg (1.6l). Not great but certainly not too bad...

Oh, and that never burnt a drop of oil in the 20k miles or so that I owned it for. :thumbsup:

Yeh sorry about that I thought it said Oil for some reason - perhaps I should go and sleep!

My friend has a 1.6 Auto and he gets about 26 so 28 is about right for the manual.

Thanks for the replies. Yes it was petrol consumption I was after :)

I thought it would be higher than 28mpg (for a manual). I tried to look for some official figures but couldn't find any on the 'net - not even Toyota's web sites :( .

The official figures from a Carina II brochure state:

Urban : 32.5

56 mph : 53.3

75 mph : 41.5

These figures would have been taken under the old system of testing though which is less accuarate than the current system of having urban extra urban and combined.

There are a few factors though of why yours is a bit lower, things like Carburettors dont help as the wear, get a bit clogged etc, driving styles vary - ideally you should get upto speed as quickly as possible so that you cover the furthest distance in your cruising gear and of course making sure youre in the correct gear for the situation, which is why in the real world auto's tend to be quicker and more economical even though official figures say otherwise as the manuals are driven by a computer so that everything is done at the correct time for the tests.

Hi James, thanks very much for getting the figures for me - you're a star!! I couldn't find the info surfing the net so its great you managed to find them. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Does anyone know the fuel consumption on a Carina II 1991 GL saloon? I gave Toyota UK a call but they only have figures for new models.

Thanks

23 2 the gallon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links