Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Conditioning Filter?

johnan

For those who have already got their iQ's, or any Toyota experts out there...on page 322 of the manual it says "the air conditioning filter should be cleaned or changed regularly".

The pictures are hopeless but they do indicate you access the filter from inside the cabin...but how, and where?

I can't see any access panels, hidden flaps or anything else that would indicate a filter is hidden behind.

I realise it will be ages before it will need cleaned, I hope, but I would still like to know how to get at it!

Can anyone help..?

For those who have already got their iQ's, or any Toyota experts out there...on page 322 of the manual it says "the air conditioning filter should be cleaned or changed regularly".

The pictures are hopeless but they do indicate you access the filter from inside the cabin...but how, and where?

I can't see any access panels, hidden flaps or anything else that would indicate a filter is hidden behind.

I realise it will be ages before it will need cleaned, I hope, but I would still like to know how to get at it!

Can anyone help..?

I have just noticed a sticker on the passenger side door lock panel stating the importance of cleaning the filter..surely someone must know how to get at it...or perhaps not.....(I have not troubled my dealer with asking them, they don't have much of a track record of knowing about things like that.Maybe in a few months, but not yet)

• 1 year later...

Johnan

Did you ever sort out the filter problem?

I've just come across the same thing myself and although the Owners Manual says it is important and a DIY item, the ninstructions and diagrams are absolutely hopeless. I've had two fairly competent non-professionals look at this and they both said the manual must be wrong.

Any cluse?

KateT

Johnan

Did you ever sort out the filter problem?

I've just come across the same thing myself and although the Owners Manual says it is important and a DIY item, the ninstructions and diagrams are absolutely hopeless. I've had two fairly competent non-professionals look at this and they both said the manual must be wrong.

Any cluse?

KateT

Hi Kate,

Yes, I did find it and as you say the diagram in the manual is hopeless.

Hope this makes sense:

In the passengers side footwell, reach beyond the edge of the "plum" (or white) coloured panel in which the heater outlet vent is.That is, put your fingers in the gap between the end of the plum panel and the carpeted bulkhead (the plum panel does not go all the way to the bulkhead) and feel for the plastic filter holder described below.You could also use a mirror to look into the gap.

In that gap is a black vertical plastic container about 10 mms wide and about 100mms high in which the filter resides.These sizes are a bit of a guess as I am doing this from memory.

At the bottom of the container you should be able to feel a little "tab" which is the release clip for the lid of the container, which will pivot about its top edge,as a hinge, to allow the filter to be removed by sliding into the footwell direction.(the filter slides out of the container, the container stays put)

The filter is a corrugated piece of filter material about 250mm square.

The container lid may come adrift when you unclip it but it is just a case of clipping on the top edge (fiddly) and swinging it down and re-clipping the bottom edge where the release tab is.

It is VERY hard to see what you are doing but actually it is quite simple to do and it works quite easily in practice.

Does all that make you any the wiser??

J

I just nipped out and took this picture which is taken from inside the footwell looking behind the edge of the plum panel towards the driver's side.

The release tab I mentioned is the lowest black part of the vertical thing, that is nearly cut off in the picture.

post-33806-0-02307700-1296399615_thumb.p

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have found it and it needs a clean, cant trust Toyota to check anything, I washed it and it’s drying now.

Here is the bad news its £54 for new one!

IL be dammed