Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Problem Part 3

paul27

Hi all :D

Well guess what, i'm yet again having problems with my f-----g gearbox :angry:

talk about embarrising i cant select reverse gear now, i took my mum shopping

the other day and i had to push my IQ out of the space in the multistory car park

and to top it all off my dealership has told me to carry on driving the bloddy car

with no reverse can you belive it.

i just feel like getting rid of the poxy car now i've had nothing but problems

from day one :crybaby:

I suggest you research the sale of goods act and the trade descriptions act. If you get constant problems the dealers are entitled so many attempt to repair it, if the keep failing with the same problem time and again (check how many times they are entitled to) then you can reject the car and get a refund or replacement car.

If you are getting seperarate problems, then again the dealers are entitled to so many attempts to rectify them and you can reject the car only if you get so many different problems... again you need to research on how many different problems is deemed unacceptable before you can legaly reject the car.

I know you haven't said you want to do this, but seeing as your getting fed up... might be worth reading up for future reference.

Ah no, not good. Mine is going in today for the 3rd to 2nd selection problem, which isnt actually that bad on mine but gonna try and nip it in the bud before it gets worse! How many miles has yours done now? I have done just over 800.

Let us know how you get on, Sal

Ah no, not good. Mine is going in today for the 3rd to 2nd selection problem, which isnt actually that bad on mine but gonna try and nip it in the bud before it gets worse! How many miles has yours done now? I have done just over 800.

Let us know how you get on, Sal

Hey Sal :D

Sure thing lol if any changes occur i'll let you know,

By the way good luck with yours

My bleeding IQ has done 1200 miles now

Well took my IQ in aaaaaaand guess what? Thay cant find a problem, and suggested its because its a new car that hasnt loosed up yet and also im not used to the way it drives yet they reckon... Even after 800 miles, hmm

They said they cant find anything on their TOTs??? system regarding the IQ, so the memo that was meant to go to every Toyota obviously didnt get to mine!! Gonna leave it for a while as its not really really bad or irritating, but next time I go in, i might take a printout of your problem and how you got it resolved and where...

I still love the car though! Sal :)

Well took my IQ in aaaaaaand guess what? Thay cant find a problem, and suggested its because its a new car that hasnt loosed up yet and also im not used to the way it drives yet they reckon... Even after 800 miles, hmm

They said they cant find anything on their TOTs??? system regarding the IQ, so the memo that was meant to go to every Toyota obviously didnt get to mine!! Gonna leave it for a while as its not really really bad or irritating, but next time I go in, i might take a printout of your problem and how you got it resolved and where...

Exactly the same thing has happened to me.

I even rang Guilford and they told me “we know nothing about this.”

The 2nd gear thing isn’t to bad, I just hope I gets better.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me.

I even rang Guilford and they told me “we know nothing about this.”

The 2nd gear thing isn’t to bad, I just hope I gets better.

Hi 5 :D

if you ring back guildford toyota, ask for lizzie in the service dept, she will know everthing that needs to be done :D

So if i go back to my dealer, and get them to call Guildford service dept and ask for Lizzie next time?

Thought all the Toyotas were supposed to know about this now, its certainly not on their TOTs???? system which the dealers refer to about problems etc

Feel like a fool going back as they basically made me feel like i cant drive properly and its a problem with me, not the car

WTF? So Toyota are denying the issue exists now? we all seem to suffer it so how can they say this? my car is in on the 18th....is it even worth me bothering?

I know nobody seems to take any notice of my posts but mine is going in Tuesday for the day as mine is bad going from 1st to 2nd or visa versa & they rang Toyota GB who DID know all about it & faxed the repair details through to my dealer in Bishops Stortford so persevere, it does work. B)

Hopefully that will fix it as it can be a right pig sometimes & I have to pop it back into neutral to get a gear.

Hi 5 :D

if you ring back guildford toyota, ask for lizzie in the service dept, she will know everthing that needs to be done :D

thanks,

I'll try this mystic Lizzie on monday!

Hi,

Please let us know what was wrong with it from the below list;

Oil (Wrong)

Clutch (Dragging)

Shift and select lever assembly (Worn or damaged)

Control cable (Faulty)

Shift fork (Worn)

Synchronizer ring (Input shaft) (Worn or damaged)

Synchronizer ring (Output shaft) (Worn or damaged)

Shift key spring (Input shaft) (Worn or damaged)

Shift key spring (Output shaft) (Worn or damaged)

Gear (Input shaft) (Worn or damaged)

Gear (Output shaft) (Worn or damaged)

Hub sleeve (Input shaft) (Worn or damaged)

Hub sleeve (Output shaft) (Worn or damaged)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links