Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Stereo Upgrade

Rick D4D

I want some advise on upgrading my T180 sound system, the headunit will stop as I have the £1500 dvd sat nav system but does this unit have the rca pre amp outputs? and the Speakers. I think the Speakers could give me a good upgrade but am I right and what Speakers would people advise me to fit?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into replacing the 4 door Speakers also but does anyone know how the door cards are held on. Is it advisable to get replacement plastic fixings (if used) from Mr T. before I start. Do they break easy?

EDIT:

Just found this pic

toyotaaurisfdlarge.jpg

So if the grille comes of this easy then I guess the best thing to do is remove it and the speaker, takes some pics and measurements and see what'll fit. The number on the pic is a part number for a pioneer speaker adaptor.

EDIT EDIT:

Well the grille doesn't come off that easily. Definitely looks like the door card will have to come off. Bugger.......... :angry:

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice- Have got the SR180 in white and want to sort out the standard entertainment system as it is one bit that lets the car down.

I have been to a couple of places for quotes and it seems around £1000 for replacement double din head unit and all round speaks.

Few things holding me back are- the replacement head unit facia (not sure if that's the right word) is black and the dash is silver and dark grey has anyone replaced theres and do you have any photos.

The other is to locate amp under the driver seat or on the back of the passenger seats in the boot. I do use the car for moving stuff around occassionally and need to drop the seats.

Also (i don't mean to ramble on) but any suggestions on makes and what would be really helpful are suggestions where to go. I live in Gloucester but have family in London and so easy to go either way or in the middle. Took my old Yaris to a local store and was never happy with the job that was done!

Any suggestions- photo's anything really would be appreciated

Cheers

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hello fidji_uk!

Here's some info about Double Din facia frame, which can be painted to dark grey colour which is same as the one on the dash. On the last pages there's some conversation and installation instructions for Kenwood DNX-5220 player, which I've installed to my car last summer.

Please check also my Introducing My Auris! -topic to see the speaker mods made to my car!

Best regards, Alex

Hello fidji_uk!

Here's some info about Double Din facia frame, which can be painted to dark grey colour which is same as the one on the dash. On the last pages there's some conversation and installation instructions for Kenwood DNX-5220 player, which I've installed to my car last summer.

Please check also my Introducing My Auris! -topic to see the speaker mods made to my car!

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex!

I'm starting my own double DIN Kenwood/Pioneer project and would really like to get some help from you. Can you send your E-Mail address through PM because I can't contact you yet.

Welcome to the club Kleberson!

Will send you a PM with my e-mail address...

Best regards, Alex

anyone know the size of the rear speakers?

They're 6.5"...

Best regards, Alex

Thanks Alex, so both the front and rear and 16.5cm in size? is that correct?

Yes, that's correct, both are the same size!

• 2 years later...

what type they are? cause from what I know, front Speakers (in doors, and tweeters) are component, what about rear Speakers ? There are no tweeters at the back so I assum, they must be 3-way or 4-way?

can somebody explain it to me?

what type they are? cause from what I know, front Speakers (in doors, and tweeters) are component, what about rear Speakers ? There are no tweeters at the back so I assum, they must be 3-way or 4-way?

can somebody explain it to me?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links