Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Cause Please Help

Karma Supra

A favour to ask, it only takes a minute....

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today!

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to

meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman.

It takes less than a minute to go to their site

and click on 'click here to give' --- 'donating a mammogram' for free

(pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers

use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for

advertising.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

I always thought a mamogram was someone that rang your door bell then got her baps out :(

I would certainly help with this, but as far as I can make out, it applies only to the UK. I don't know many Ladies there, apart from TOC members.

If it applied to Ireland also, I could oblige

Breast screening is free for all women in the UK aged over 50, am I missing something with this ‘Donate a Mammogram’ thread? :unsure:

Breast screening is free for all women in the UK aged over 50, am I missing something with this ‘Donate a Mammogram’ thread? :unsure:

Free here in Ireland too, @ the moment, unless the Government's attempts to save the country from insolvency do away with it :(

This thread may be for Ladies under the age of 50 who can need it too. Kylie Minogue being a prime example.

This thread may be for Ladies under the age of 50 who can need it too. Kylie Minogue being a prime example.

Treatment is still free under the NHS. If a woman finds anything suspicious whatever her age then a mammogram (x-rays/scans etc) is done... Free.

Its an American site so maybe its screening for folk not in the UK?

That explains it :D Makes a change to helping African children, unless African girls need a mammogram :unsure:

Anyway, I’ve clicked so that makes sleep better at night knowing I have helped some poor unfortunate stranger in another country, I’m sure 100% of any advertising revenue goes straight to the correct cause. It’s a pity our hard earned money doesn’t go to our own people who have health issues and have to rely on their postcode to see if they get treatment from their Primary Care Trusts!

That explains it :D Makes a change to helping African children, unless African girls need a mammogram :unsure:

Anyway, I’ve clicked so that makes sleep better at night knowing I have helped some poor unfortunate stranger in another country, I’m sure 100% of any advertising revenue goes straight to the correct cause. It’s a pity our hard earned money doesn’t go to our own people who have health issues and have to rely on their postcode to see if they get treatment from their Primary Care Trusts!

dinna start me oan that wan!!

I clicked oan the button - cost me nothing. However having paid $170 to a USA motorweb car parts site which seems to have gone bust, I aint that keen on sending more across as I can do the same here.

If ye smoke, drink alcohol, eat chocolate and drive everywhere tae work etc, then its you whit keeps this country running frae all the taxes yer paying.....and you can rest satisfied yer also paying fur the eejits that tell ye tae stop smoking, drinking and anything else construed as bad fur yer health.

Having lost my first wife suddinly when she died at the age of 49 from a artery bleed the doctors cuildnae find, ma thouchts are with all the many ithers who have illnesses that are treatable and recognised (or should be).

One question re the topic - cancer....why do Hospices have to raise money from donations when it should be the NHS that pays for this support???

dinna start me oan that wan!!

I clicked oan the button - cost me nothing. However having paid $170 to a USA motorweb car parts site which seems to have gone bust, I aint that keen on sending more across as I can do the same here.

If ye smoke, drink alcohol, eat chocolate and drive everywhere tae work etc, then its you whit keeps this country running frae all the taxes yer paying.....and you can rest satisfied yer also paying fur the eejits that tell ye tae stop smoking, drinking and anything else construed as bad fur yer health.

Having lost my first wife suddinly when she died at the age of 49 from a artery bleed the doctors cuildnae find, ma thouchts are with all the many ithers who have illnesses that are treatable and recognised (or should be).

One question re the topic - cancer....why do Hospices have to raise money from donations when it should be the NHS that pays for this support???

Because my & your Governments don't give a damn if you are dying & need care.You aren't going to be a continuing source of income for them any longer :angry:

To be fair I didn't really read it lol.

As for the Free NHS... Howcome I need to pay £44 to "enjoy" having 4 wisdom teeth pulled, but if I was a dole sponger it would be free?, No doubt I'll then have to pay for perscriptions of various (hopefully very strong) pain killers on top....

I support the HOSPICE OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD

My Mum passed away in there last November, they need £6,000 every single day to operate, so I have clicked the link above, I make no bones about adding a link to the Hospice if you wish to DONATE as well

Kingo :thumbsup: