Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4.1 Battery

mlp

hi all

I have a problem with my car Battery.

With all the bad weather lately I am not using the car as much as usual and the Battery keeps going flat.

It is over 2 years old but a quick charge (about an hour) gets it going no problem.

However i know 4.1 batteries are known to be a problem and the space available is small,

but should I be able to fit a heavy duty Battery in the space available?

as I don't think the battery is shot its just lack of use (i hope)

Any help is appreciated

marshall

hi all

I have a problem with my car battery.

With all the bad weather lately I am not using the car as much as usual and the battery keeps going flat.

It is over 2 years old but a quick charge (about an hour) gets it going no problem.

However i know 4.1 batteries are known to be a problem and the space available is small,

but should I be able to fit a heavy duty battery in the space available?

Any help is appreciated

marshall

Why not give it a full charge first and see what happens. Leave it overnight that should help. You could also try some tablets to pep up the solution. Cant remeber what they are called but are easily available.

hi all

I have a problem with my car battery.

With all the bad weather lately I am not using the car as much as usual and the battery keeps going flat.

but should I be able to fit a heavy duty battery in the space available?

Any help is appreciated

marshall

Had same problem went to Battery dealer he fitted heavy duty Battery with no problem , cost about 45 quid but that was mates rates

basically you get what you pay for when buying a Battery....I seem to remember someone here saying about red top batteries. Theres also been loads of posts with suggestions and 1 stalward detailed the fitting of a slightly larger Battery I think.

The Battery is one of the smallest car battery' available. Like any battery though, it helps if its used/charged now and again. Alternatively, use a trickle charger to keep it topped up, like they do with classic cars that are hibernated over winter.

As has been said, a good long charge would be helpful. As ancs often says here, you could try getting the battery drop-tested to check its health.

Me? I keep a large battery (normally used to jump start the landrover) charged up for any occasion when a jump is needed.

basically you get what you pay for when buying a battery....I seem to remember someone here saying about red top batteries. Theres also been loads of posts with suggestions and 1 stalward detailed the fitting of a slightly larger battery I think.

The battery is one of the smallest car battery' available. Like any battery though, it helps if its used/charged now and again. Alternatively, use a trickle charger to keep it topped up, like they do with classic cars that are hibernated over winter.

As has been said, a good long charge would be helpful. As ancs often says here, you could try getting the battery drop-tested to check its health.

Me? I keep a large battery (normally used to jump start the landrover) charged up for any occasion when a jump is needed.

thanks for all the replies Looks like I'll probably get a heavy duty one

thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links