Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any One Else Have These In The Footwells?

aygo

not very well finished off for a "premium car"

looks like a cover should go over it but cant see any clip points

are everyone's like this

SP_A0043.jpg

post-21352-1236988655_thumb.jpg

post-21352-1236988691_thumb.jpg

Sorry I don’t understand what your saying.

The pictures are really weird,

What’s this about a "premium car" thing, maybe £120,000 but maybe not £10,000?

look in the foot wells on the outside its where the plastic side trims are held on, they should be covered I think, I am just trying to see if others are the same.

here is another picture I have found. The black arrow shows where the problem is, too me it doesn't look finished

2008-2009-toyota-iq-production-e-1.png

are everyone's like this

SP_A0043.jpg

Mine is the same both sides.

The design of the brown/plum panel piece is such that it acts as the "nut" for the white screw that passes through it, so no other "nut" is required.

Some sort of clip on cover would be nice though, to hide the bare screw!

I got that too. Tis a bit unsightly.

I have to ask why do people keep referring to this as a PREMIUM car, it is a 10k car, this is in the lowest end of the market really. I think the cheapest car you can buy is probably about 6k or above, I call premium a Mercedes or BMW. These are small city cars made by Toyota! Not Lexus (that is the showroom next door)...The engine is from the Aygo, it has a few new designs on it but apart from that there is nothing really high class or luxury about it. The Fiesta has all the same equipment as ours for about a grand cheaper!

Still love mine tons though

Jaine

Yeah, my RAV4 has something similar, but it has a black plastic nut threaded on there. I had to remove that panel, and the nut was only finger tight.

yeah the nuts are a push fit they are not meant to be tight.

TBH up until a few years ago Lexus didnt exist in japan and lexus cars are produced on the same production lines as toyota's.

it does look a bit naff yeah but lets face it it isnt a luxury limo. plus is it really visable while your sat in the car?

TBH up until a few years ago Lexus didnt exist in japan and lexus cars are produced on the same production lines as toyota's.

it does look a bit naff yeah but lets face it it isnt a luxury limo. plus is it really visable while your sat in the car?

I didn't see it for a week, now every time I get in I see them

I didn't see it for a week, now every time I get in I see them

Go to the hardware store and get some acorn nuts:

acorn-nut.jpg

You can probably get them in chrome, stainless, or anodized black.

I have to ask why do people keep referring to this as a PREMIUM car, it is a 10k car, this is in the lowest end of the market really. I think the cheapest car you can buy is probably about 6k or above, I call premium a Mercedes or BMW. These are small city cars made by Toyota! Not Lexus (that is the showroom next door)...The engine is from the Aygo, it has a few new designs on it but apart from that there is nothing really high class or luxury about it. The Fiesta has all the same equipment as ours for about a grand cheaper!

Jaine

Toyota and the dealerships market it as 'premium', a small car with luxury attributes...... and you say its a 10k car but once your finished with add ons your looking at 11 to 12K which is a lot for a small car. The fact we pay so much more than say a fiesta, means we should expect a little more. Other than that I love the car and its concept

• 1 year later...

Jaine

Toyota and the dealerships market it as 'premium', a small car with luxury attributes...... and you say its a 10k car but once your finished with add ons your looking at 11 to 12K which is a lot for a small car. The fact we pay so much more than say a fiesta, means we should expect a little more. Other than that I love the car and its concept

I love my car too but I understand even if Toyota feature as a 'premium' small car, it does not necessary mean premium in interior quality. It can be premium in safety, design and fuel economy, the quality of the interior is limited by the $$$ we pay. If you want some better interior finish, you should check the Aston Martin Cygnet out. Thats a real premium car with much better interior design but its doubled the price and limited only to existing Aston Martin owner.

Do you think Aston Martin engineer is dumb enough to create a luxary version of IQ if the original one is already a luxary one?

are everyone's like this

SP_A0043.jpg

My iQ3 has the updated interior and also has this. It's one of the first things I noticed when I was checking out the car the day I picked it up. I also thought a plastic cover was missing from it.