Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie - Help Please

Mrs T

I have dragged myself indoors away from my lovely new (used 2001) Yaris to ask a couple of questions :

1. There's no owner's manual so where do I get one?

2. In lieu of the manual - why is the MPG stuck on 47.9 despite the journey?

3. I really want a DAB digital radio/CD fitted - is this possible?

Thanks so much - look forward to joining in here ! :D

I presume you are looking at the average MPG which will not change very much unless you drive particularly badly like myself and manage to get mpg down to 35 :blink: As your car is used the previous owner would have used the car for many miles and the average MPG is calculated over the total amount of miles done by the car.

As for the manual I would recommend either your nearest dealer if you can't get one at www.ebay.com

DAB radio Im sure it is possible but I have read in other threads they arent all that.

Thanks Robie :) The previous owner's driving must have been amazing to average out at 47.9? I've gotta try and get that moving!

I'm disappointed DAB aren't supposed to be much good - I really only want it for listening to Test Match Special though, so the reception has got to be better than long wave!

Thanks again for your help.

When you have the ave mpg displayed - if you press and hold the button (for about 3 seconds) it will beep and reset to zero - from then on it will be 'your' data displayed.

Same for ave speed.

Check out the 'How To's thread for more info on fitting an aftermarket unit.

I'd have thought Toyota should be able to supply a manual for you. If your local dealer won't help, then try Toyota customer services.

Hope you enjoy the car :)

DAB radio will go in but wont be cheap

Blaupunkt do woodstock fully intergrated headunit for about 300

alpine, Kenwood and pioneer can use an add on for about 300 to the original unit