Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Conquest

JoViX

Hi,

I have a Toyota Conquest 160i

Motor : 4AFE

4Dr, Hatch.

As I can understand from surfing the net, My car is reffered to as Toyota Corolla AE92 Hatch???

Is this accurate? It looks the same as the Toyota Corolla AE92 FX GT-I, but with 4dr's.

I Live in South Africa, Any info would be nice thanks!!!!

Hi and welcome to the boards,

Your car is a Toyota model ae92 but it is badged differently depending on which country you are in.

In SA you have the Tazz and the Conquest which in the UK are just called 'Corolla' which is wierd because your 'corolla' is a 4door saloon :wacko:

In the US they're called 'Corolla fx-16' but they never got the 3 door hatch only the 4 door saloon ??

In Japan they're called FX-GT ? god knows why !

In Australia they're called Gti, which is like everyone elses GL ? and the 'SX' which is like everyone elses Gti ???? :wacko:

Confused ?? yeah thought so.

Just out of interest where in SA are you from ?

jovix u say u are from south africa, i have found a company website dont no if youe no it www.autostyle.co.za and want to purchase some goods from it but the delivery back to the UK just on some lights is r1580 which is about £120.00 are they trying to con me or is this right

jovix u say u are from south africa, i have found a company website dont no if youe no it www.autostyle.co.za and want to purchase some goods from it but the delivery back to the UK just on some lights is r1580 which is about £120.00 are they trying to con me or is this righ

hey

I know those guys, they have good prices but shipping is always a problem over here

they charge us a fortune to send anything, but I still dont think that it should cost that

much why dont you try giving them a call see if they can work something out for you

they are very keen to help

i'm in the middle of trying to organise shipping from them. They do it by volume rather than weight so a new bumper, although doesnt weigh loads has quite a large volume.

Thats the reason the shipping is expensive.

by the way i have also seen the car called an E9

Unity Jon.

thanks for the insight, been looking now for a long time and have not yet been able to get that much info, :ffs:

Its Pritty F :censor: ng confusing this whole model Badge number thing, makes it hard to get parts

from the net.

I've been looking for a short shift kit for the car, found one on e-bay, but the price is to high, rand doing bad vs dollar.

btw. I'm from Pretoria, Centurion, next to Johannesburg.

Where you from originaly?

Unity Jon.

thanks for the insight, been looking now for a long time and have not yet been able to get that much info, :ffs:

Its Pritty F :censor: ng confusing this whole model badge number thing, makes it hard to get parts

from the net.

I've been looking for a short shift kit for the car, found one on e-bay, but the price is to high, rand doing bad vs dollar.

btw. I'm from Pretoria, Centurion, next to Johannesburg.

Where you from originaly?

ha haa originally i'm from Essex.... UK.

My wife is from Somerset west at the bottom of the cape.

For your quick shift kit you can always grab another gear lever from a breakers yard and then get the ball on the bottom moved up by 28mm (in think) for the same throw as a TRD quick shift kit. Moving the ball is a right royal pain unless you have access to a 4 ton press or similar, a machine shop/engineers will help you out.

Won't you have the same effect if you just chop of about 30mm on the top, then remove the

standard gearlever and replace it with a better looking one?

I take it the Gt-i in the pic is yours?

Hiya Dude!

Welcome to the club from an (Ex) South African :thumbsup: I lived and studied in Pretoria for a number of years.

I should be picking up my GTi this weekend.

I am pretty sure the Conquest was also available in SA as a 2.0l RSi :drool: Although I stand corrected here as it's been nearly 8 years since I left the country.

theres a 5 door rolla ae92 round the corner from me ( surrey england)badged conquest, it looks just like a gti 16 but with two extra doors.

Thats exactly the same car as the GTi! I used to have one in SA. The later model[from '93 onwards] SA Conquest had a different engine though.I think it had the 7AFE...still an awesome car...and came out with leather seats and aircon as well :drool:

hey guys

another one from S.A here

The conquest Gli in SA is a 1.8 16v had about 96kw if I am not mistaken

and was available in a 4 door hatch and sedan

my first car ooh how I miss it

unfortunately for the people in SA they dont get TWO door versions, and the few that are there are snapped up by rally drivers....

Didnt know they came with leather seats.... i think a phone call may be in order, i'd like some of those !

As for the gear shift, if you make the actual lever shorter and cut a new thread in the top for the knob it will be reall uncomfortable i reckon and it wont change the actual amount of 'throw' for the linkage underneath.

There are a few websites on the Net for the quick shift conversion.

Didnt know they came with leather seats.... i think a phone call may be in order, i'd like some of those !

brilliant seats they came with red stiching black leather

and look just cool,

hard to find a clean set

• 3 weeks later...

Sweets, I'll have to find out some more about that short shift.

Unity.....

that leather seats are very nice, I'm currenlty phoning around scrapyards to see if I can't find a piar for my baby.

Good Luck

The good thing about having relations in the motor trade out there is that they have a network phone number for parts that goes out to all the parts suppliers and breakers ;) they're normally pretty good.

hey JoViX

saw a set at Ajoodhas scrap yard in lenasia

Including the back seats and the door panels

sorry I dont have a tel.no for you

Hi Peeps

Another South African here! I heard about a conquest model in Japan that came standard with a turo. Anyone verify this???

Thanks

Another South African here! I heard about a conquest model in Japan that came standard with a turo. Anyone verify this???

now dont laugh but what is a turo <_<

oh and JoViX I will keep an eye out

cool jim

I dont know about the torbo but I do know that they were made with a

supercharger, you can get them in S.A from Jap Auto Trading

they are cheep about R3500 but I could be wrong

the only thing is the ecu that costs

Ta Ashan.

Yeah I know about that company, they advertise in my dads mag. I've also looked into getting stuff from them but apprently there stock is "of dubious origin". But thanks for the info. That engine must kick *****!

thanks jim

Good to know, those motors are great a friend of mine has one

in the gli twincam with 850cc injectors and a domingos fule management

system, that thing goes :censor:

Ashan!!!!

Please can you post that companies details.

I'm looking for a supercharger for my 4afe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links