Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Really Really Wierd Noise!

Sammy Hallett

Hey guys... got a 2001 T-Sport, love it!

Only today, had a bit of an episode in Tesco car park.

Turned car on as usual, pulled out of the space and noticed a funny whistling noise. Thought it might be powersteering as I turned out the carpark but as I accellerated it just got louder and faster.

Never had this problem before, literally just started. Rang the other half to tell him and tried to drive round my works car park to see if it did it so he could hear... not a sound!!

Anyone had this problem before? car is driving fine and no lights are coming up on the dash. Dont reckon its the mirrors because window was right down and even driving at very low speed its still quite loud.

Any advice or info would be much appreciated xx

Might be totally unrelated but the tarmac in our Tescos car park is a bit "special" and you don't have to drive especially fast for it to make a "screeching" noise as you turn a corner....

It's happened to every single car I own so I know its not a problem with the car - maybe your Tescos has this sort of tarmac too? Maybe it's the Value brand Tarmac? :lol:

Might be totally unrelated but the tarmac in our Tescos car park is a bit "special" and you don't have to drive especially fast for it to make a "screeching" noise as you turn a corner....

It's happened to every single car I own so I know its not a problem with the car - maybe your Tescos has this sort of tarmac too? Maybe it's the Value brand Tarmac? :lol:

Wow I'd love that to be the solution but unfortunately the sound carried on all the way back to work.

Thanks for your help though... every little helps!

Hi,

was it an especially wet or cold day? if so it could have been your fan belt slipping, especially if the pitch of the squeel varied with revs. I've heard of belts slipping before; especially on the newer phase 3's.

Regards

Yumma

Where is the noise coming from?? I've had a funny noise before when there's been a little stone stuck between the brake disc and pad.

Hi,

was it an especially wet or cold day? if so it could have been your fan belt slipping, especially if the pitch of the squeel varied with revs. I've heard of belts slipping before; especially on the newer phase 3's.

Regards

Yumma

Hey.. no it was actually quite warm and dry so i dont think it could be the fan belt. The sound was more of a hissing, like a cat than squealing :( Wish it was just the fanbelt, dont like driving the car when i dont know whats wrong with it

Where is the noise coming from?? I've had a funny noise before when there's been a little stone stuck between the brake disc and pad.

There's an idea... could be.

It's not actually made the noise since yesterday and the noise sounded like something was rotating if you know what i mean, got higher pitched and faster as I drove. I hope you're right :) See how it goes!

hey had the same problem with my t-sport and turned out to be the rear backing plates catchin on the discs jus remove rear wheels and push the backin plates back can be done by hand and see if that solves it,

could also be rear brakes need stripped cleaned and greased up

It's not actually made the noise since yesterday and the noise sounded like something was rotating if you know what i mean, got higher pitched and faster as I drove. I hope you're right :) See how it goes!

Simple check; does the sound rise with speed or with revs? ;)

hey had the same problem with my t-sport and turned out to be the rear backing plates catchin on the discs jus remove rear wheels and push the backin plates back can be done by hand and see if that solves it,

could also be rear brakes need stripped cleaned and greased up

Hi thanks...

got it booked in on tueday to have a look at the breaks :)