Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading To Silver Indicator Bulbs In Iq - An Easy Mod

Goldfish11

Just got my IQ yesterday and have already done a nice cheap modification that makes it look even better.

You will notice you have lovely clear indicator and light clusters. The original designers wanted a nice clean finish so all you see is silver and if you look at many of the show car and brochure shots of the IQ this is what you see.

However instead of using Silver Indicator bulbs in production they save money by putting in the standard cheap yellow ones which then make it look as if you have a fried egg in your light cluster.

This took me 5 minutes to resolve yesterday. I fitted some Philips Silver Vision indicator bulbs, this was really easy a quick twist and the bulb holder comes out pull out the old bulb and push in the new.

The bulbs you need are "Philips Silver Vision WY21W"

There are quite a few sites for this if you get them from PowerBulbs.com you get some Philips Blue Vision sidelight bulbs free of charge. I also fitted these to the IQ for fun.

You can see the effect of SilverVision on this site

http://www.lighting.philips.com/in_en/cons...ing〈=en

I have fitted them to both the front and rear of the vehicle it makes it look "Super Cool" with no fried eggs. Next to the projection headlights they look great. The rear also looks nice.

This is part of my "Say no to Fried Eggs Campagne" ;)

Just got my IQ yesterday and have already done a nice cheap modification that makes it look even better.

You will notice you have lovely clear indicator and light clusters. The original designers wanted a nice clean finish so all you see is silver and if you look at many of the show car and brochure shots of the IQ this is what you see.

However instead of using Silver Indicator Bulbs in production they save money by putting in the standard cheap yellow ones which then make it look as if you have a fried egg in your light cluster.

This took me 5 minutes to resolve yesterday. I fitted some Philips Silver Vision indicator bulbs, this was really easy a quick twist and the bulb holder comes out pull out the old bulb and push in the new.

There are quite a few sites for this if you get them from PowerBulbs.com you get some Philips Blue Vision sidelight bulbs free of charge. I also fitted these to the IQ for fun.

I have fitted them to both the front and rear of the vehicle it makes it look "Super Cool" with no fried eggs. Next to the projection headlights they look great. The rear also looks nice.

Very nice! I might just do that!

Hi :D

Thanks for the info on the bulbs i've just gone ahead and ordered

some for my little IQ 2 :thumbsup:

Perhaps this will become the first official "ToyotaOwnerClub.co.uk" IQ mod. If you dont see fried eggs it will probably be member vehicle :D

(I should get commision for this from Powerbulbs :rolleyes: )

Sorry but I stuck mine in two weeks ago but did not want to broadcast it as it is nice to have something a bit different! Oh well now we all will have the same.

IMG_0130.jpg

I told No_Data there was money to be made, oh well you wouldnt listen :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I told No_Data there was money to be made, oh well you wouldnt listen :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

ha ha will listen to ya next time, just dont tell them about the turbo conversion we are doing :thumbsup:

Sorry "no data" for spoiling your exclusivity, but we will keep this secret in the forum :thumbsup:

I did cheat, I had them fitted to my Honda FRV and swapped them back to the original yellow things before trading in the Honda for the IQ. All my other cars use these they do look cool.

They also look great in the rear lights, anyone got a photo? If not I will have to take one when I am next out.

Hi ya :D

I recived my bulbs today from powerbulbs.com such an easy fit :thumbsup:

i got them for the front and rear and i must say it looks a lot better from those

standard horrible orange bulbs :P

thanks again for the idea cheers :D

Ok. Thanks for these "nice looking"advises. I'm gona order these bulbs imidiately!

Nice and cheap(i'm Dutch :rolleyes: ) upgrade!!!!!!!!

However instead of using Silver Indicator Bulbs in production they save money by putting in the standard cheap yellow ones which then make it look as if you have a fried egg in your light cluster.

yeah a couple of quid to make it look better, whats the point, buy a good looking car in the first place,,,

I have to say I find your replies extremely rude & have already privately messaged you about it. There are now two threads where you say the cars that we have bought & love are ugly There are other ways of saying that you do not find something to your liking. Maybe also open your mind a bit & be aware we do not all have the same tastes, but I would never look at a picture of your car/kids/wife etc & say they were ugly even if I thought so!

Jaine

I have to say I find your replies extremely rude & have already privately messaged you about it. There are now two threads where you say the cars that we have bought & love are ugly There are other ways of saying that you do not find something to your liking. Maybe also open your mind a bit & be aware we do not all have the same tastes, but I would never look at a picture of your car/kids/wife etc & say they were ugly even if I thought so!

Jaine

Everyone is entitled to an opinion why let it get to you the other person has a Corolla for goodness sake! It's all a matter of taste. LOL :blink:

It has not "got" to me, I am merely saying I think he is rude. I could not give a monkeys what people think of my cars when I also own a Renault 5 (now that is ugly). :thumbsup:

Jaine

some people are abit touchy and cant take a joke, i said sorry to you last time because i posted something you did not like, we are all entitled to our own views, if you dont like it grow up and move on, and how did you know my wife and kids are ugly?? :!Removed!:

All a little personal really, this is a subjective issue my Wife and kids maybe ugly (my eyesight is not what it used to be). I don't know if the IQ is ugly or not it kind of grabbed my attention so I bought one, although I do not like the inferior whoops I mean interior and get it on Thursday. I have always fitted silver bulbs behind clear lenses as well as LED high intensity side lights and brake lights (although technically if not CE approved illegal I never failed an MOT) see how I subtly brought that back on topic... ;)

Anyway I can see we're all having some fun (I must agree with the Renault 5 bit :lol::lol: ) Ouch the wife just read this... not a bad right hook she's got there!

:o

Hiya guys, I took a fancy to the Silverline indicator bulbs , so I ordered and fitted them. It took me a bit longer than 10 minutes though. Here is what happened : I swapped the indicator bulbs in about 5 minutes, but then decided to fit the 'blue' , free, sidelight bulbs. Easy I thought. The fitting was a bit tight but I got them undone and swapped the bulbs into place. Then I thought I'd better test them to see what they looked like - the offside one wasnt working. So I pulled the fitting out again to find that the bulb had fallen out inside the headlight housing ! I could just see it and I could push it around with a screwdriver, but there was no way I was gonna get it out. No worries I thought ... blue tack on the end of a cocktail stick maybe.... that just pushed it further in and completely out of sight. I reckon the little cavity was about 2 inches deep , and the hole to get the bulb thru was only just bigger than the bulb. So I thought I will have to take the headlight assembly out and shake the bulb out. It didnt look too easy a job .. . . but then I had a brainwave...

I found some old water hose that just fitted through the hole that the bulb went in to ... and attached it with some tape to my vacuum cleaner pipe. Turned on the vacuum and bingo .... sucked it out. Job done . . .. in about 2 hours.

Have fun with those bulbs !

Thats why i left my partner to do it! If he messed up then it would give me a chance to moan at him about it haha but luckily for him he got it all 6 bulbs changed in about 10 mins!

Looks good