Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Backbox

weapontech

Just popped down to my local Toyota dealership to find out exactly what the cost would be for a brand new TTE Backbox for my 05 T-Sport. They told me it would cost £258 :o Is there anywhere i can get the TTE cheaper? Also been looking roung the net and there deosnt seem like any other manufacturers make a T-Sport backbox, the only ones out there are universal! :angry:

Any recommendations?? Ta.

If you're wanting one with TTE stamped on the tailpipes then unless one pops up on eBay you're out of luck

£250 is more than enough to have a custom system done ;)

i got a price from sheeky on uk statlet club for 235 but posted was 30 think it was was because i got a price on the tte fount bumper

I may aswell just get a custom made full exhaust system, was only wanting a back box for now because of funds though. Iv heard of guys having remus back boxes but cant seem to find any that will fit to the t sport. Are Universal back boxes easy to fit??

Ask parts-king for a nice discount hes very helpfull. Or there is a remus back exhaust which is identical to the tte. I have seen small sightings of a laser f1 backbox which is just under £200 but nobody has one. Or like you said go a custom job, i am :D

I can do you a genuine TTE one for £244 PM me to order

Kingo :thumbsup:

The TTE Back Box is simply a re-badged Remus ;)

I can do you a genuine TTE one for £244 PM me to order

You sure? I seem to remember a dealer saying they wouldn't fit Facelift T Sport's :P

:lol: ;)

Well my catalogue says it does :P :lol:

Obviously Toyota must read these boards then! :P

:lol:

I seem to recall them saying it wouldn't fit a Facelift unless doing some minor modifications to the body work...

Worked fine for me! Albeit a bit wonky! :lol:

That'll teach you not to do the modifications..... whatever they are! :lol:

I think you still need to bend on of the brackets a tad :hammer::lol:

i was once in your position mate until i came across a tte backbox on eBay and i got it for £25! lol

your best bet would be to just get a custom job done either that or keep checking eBay and maybe you can strike it lucky too

i was once in your position mate until i came across a tte backbox on ebay and i got it for £25! lol

your best bet would be to just get a custom job done either that or keep checking ebay and maybe you can strike it lucky too

Ditto, I got my Remus (TTE is a rebadged Remus) one off eBay for £80 :D

Thanks for telling me how lucky you guys have been :wacko: lol. Il just save my pennies i reckon and fork out for the full custom job. Cheers :thumbsup:

Thanks for telling me how lucky you guys have been :wacko: lol. Il just save my pennies i reckon and fork out for the full custom job. Cheers :thumbsup:

Did i mention mine was already on the car when i bought it? :lol:

yep we were lucky. i was gonna get a custom job done but im not really into the whole 'wow loud exhaust look at me' thing so i jus wanted a backbox which does the perfect job for me! is nice and quiet and can be loud when you want it to be

I wasn't lucky. I forked out the full price for mine. :P

No Gaz, somebody stuck a sticker on yours and told you it was a TTE one :D: :D: :P:

No Gaz, somebody stuck a sticker on yours and told you it was a TTE one :D: :D: :P:

I got mine from a Toyota dealer.....

Always knew official dealers were dodgy!!!

:P :lol:

Took my car to a performance exhaust garage today and they quoted me £395 for the full system!!! :crybaby:

In two minds now whether to get the tte back box or just go for it and get the whole wack done :wacko:

Either way i wont be able to afford anything til at least next month...getting full tints tomorrow at £150 :thumbsup:

I am fitting a universal back box soon... and will be posting a full how to...having weighed the job up... you will have to cut up your old back box to fit a universal as the back box connects to the rest of the system using a compensator joint not a normal flange joint.. so its easier to utalise the existing pipe coming out of your stock back box rather then buy the parts seperatly... you will need a welder and wedling skills to complete the fitting of a universal back box yourself...or give it to a helpful garage to fit.

Id give fitting a universal back box a 4 out of 5 stars DIY hardness.

Joel

Took my car to a performance exhaust garage today and they quoted me £395 for the full system!!! :crybaby:

In two minds now whether to get the tte back box or just go for it and get the whole wack done :wacko:

Either way i wont be able to afford anything til at least next month...getting full tints tomorrow at £150 :thumbsup:

Ask around... i got a quote of £250 for a full system when my exhaust was blowing....

I am fitting a universal back box soon... and will be posting a full how to...having weighed the job up... you will have to cut up your old back box to fit a universal as the back box connects to the rest of the system using a compensator joint not a normal flange joint.. so its easier to utalise the existing pipe coming out of your stock back box rather then buy the parts seperatly... you will need a welder and wedling skills to complete the fitting of a universal back box yourself...or give it to a helpful garage to fit.

Id give fitting a universal back box a 4 out of 5 stars DIY hardness.

Joel

the principal applies to the tte backbox....you can in fact get a backbox for which isnt listed for your model and cut up the flange and just weld the box onto your existing standard flange....when i bought my tte backbox it was listed for a diesel model and i still got it fitted on through my local garage for £40 it didnt require any modification at all just some moving of some pipes and then a straight tight fit....i mentioned to him that in case it doesnt fit straight on he may have to weld it on and he said ye he has done a few of those jobs before so will be no problem.

so if anyone not sure if a tte backbox wont fit their corolla then its worth taking to local garage and telling them about the extra weld job and they will happily do it, IF your are willing to take the risk and go for it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links