Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Positive Iq

5drive

Well are these forums designed for moaning!?

Yes.., yes..., yes the 2nd gear is a little hard to get in to ( one must make a proper “Γ” movement )

BUT everything else is fantastic.

I love my iQ as so does everyone else that drives it, 15 and counting ( I’m a driving instructor )

I say BIG up the wonderful car.

So I ask, please could we not have some Positive threads!?

Lots of people look and ask “what’s it like” and I say...,,,,

“FANTASTIC!”

I LOVE IT TOO!!! :wub:

Get a teeny bit fed up of seeing the same thing mentioned on here (*ahem*scratches*ahem*) as i have NO scratches still after nearly 4 weeks :P

Its fun to drive, its nippy, its new, everyone likes it! Its perfect to me :)

YES!!!

Bring it on, I to have no scratches, and I don’t mind little teeny weenie yellow indicator light bulbs either!!

Owe no I’ve done it now.. whoops

:hokus-pokus:

If it helps it's the same over on the Aygo forum...!! :lol:

I think people expect mass-manufactured cars to be 100% perfect.... they're not, that's why they come with warranties. I think it's safe to say that complaints are in the overall minority - I love my Aygo and am glad you guys love your IQ's

Group hug!

Good point, I am awaiting my IQ (no puns please) and am a member of Civinfo.com where I've spent a year discussing my current car both good and bad points and the people I got to meet are fantastic yes we also moaned about the irritating faults most cars have at least one. On the Civics the paintwork and suspension are the key issues but that gave the car some character and gave us all something to discuss when we did meet (monthly).

So I reckon the suspension is better than the Civic & I hope the paint is but hey perhaps the interior is not as good I may miss the power and the boot but I hope I get to enjoy the IQ as much as the Civic. I had a Jag before that and many other types of car this will be the smallest ever but I just look at it and I cant help but feel good that has to mean something... :yes:

Only had mine for a few week or so... BUT I love it too. I have the auto so no problems with the gearbox. No scratches either. I was told that the scratches were a problem with the concept models but not the production cars. I have not been particularly gentle with the car either. It feels like you are driving a big, luxury car. I am getting to grip with the gadgets and the car makes a real impact.

I dont think anyone is moaning, we are simply discussing the various problems we have, hence why this is a forum to voice all these matters. It is was not a little hard to get into 2nd gear in mine & I will not be told I have to make a proper movement! I had to keep going into neutral then trying again as there was no 2nd to select! If there was not a problem Toyota would not have a bulletin to repair them all under warranty. We ALL love our cars or else we would not have bought them but as with anything brand new in design there will be teething problems & I find this site fabulous to spot if anyone else got problems like me. My doors did take a while but now do have lots of tiny scratches which are thru the colour so I do not consider this good on a car I just paid £10.5k on. My Williams is 15yrs old & does not have one scratch on the panels so YES I will be notifying Toyota of this also. As for gedtting anywhere near over 70mpg like Toyota reckon they did then all I have to say is give me what they are smoking!

The iQ is a fab little car & I do not regret buying mine at all & have already done 1000k in three weeks whilst boring all my friends to death with how good it is & taking more photos of her than David Bailey.

So please people carry on with anything you have to report be it good or bad.

Jaine & TiQ TaQ

p.s indicator bulb are a personal modification to make it look nicer for me, not a complaint or can we not now even discuss what we are doing to our cars to make them look cool for us?

LOL, where to begin!?

Firstly, this is the internet.....people moan, and you're ALWAYS going to get more negative than positive posts...if people are content and happy they tend not to be vocal, but when you're annoyed about something....... :rolleyes:

And as for the gear change issue, are you kidding me?! I've driven for 16 years, so you're telling me I've fluked every other 3rd to 2nd gear change on every vehicle I've ever owned? Nah, I don't think so! :thumbsup:

And the scratchy interior.....trust me, the day will come when you knock the door, or brush it with your watch/nails/whatever and you'll get a whooping great scratch, just look at the floor models at your garage for proof that the production cars are JUST as prone as the concept (all the reviews agree too)

See the thing is, I DO love my car, and it's because I love my car that I get so annoyed by the silly oversights!

the bottom line is, the IQ is a fantastic, beautiful little car, but Toyota have really dropped the ball with certain aspects (the quality of the panl plastics being the main bug bear for me!)

So yeah. I may moan and bleet like a sheep does, but I DO have reason to!

I have had my amethyst iQ since the end of February and have done about 950 miles in it. Second gear can be a little notchy but is never a problem. Living down here in Devon, we are used to steep hills, narrow lanes and also good dual carriageways, so the car has had a very varied terrain to cover. Within 50 miles of our last fill-up the average mpg meter hit 60mpg and it has stayed there ever since. I honestly don't think I could get our mpg below 50 if I tried - what on earth are people doing??!!

I think the car is brilliant and get a real buzz out of driving it. Haven't had as much fun driving a car since I first had an original mini many, many years ago.

Let's have some more positive comments - I'm sure there are plenty of other delighted owners out there. :D

Just got my black one today complete with sports pack and style pack it looks great! I can't believe the interior is growing on me but yes it is! Drives great takes me back to being a teenager again and that was some time ago. Now of course it can not compare with the Jag I had nor the trade in this time of the new shape Civic for space but 90% of the time we drive 7 miles to work and then back the kids are at an age they would rather catch the bus than go with Mum & Dad and our shopping gets delivered.

It maneuvers so easily its fantastic to park but I have to admit it will take some getting used to the length I get out thinking I'm near something to find I'm 6 feet away :lol: The suspension is far smoother and less noisy than the Civic and I quite like the engine/exhaust note too. I pulled into a car accessory shop car park and it got plenty of attention this is proving to be great fun. Gears are quite close and you have to change them firmly but I like that certainly no gripes so far.

I added some clear self adhesive strips to the inside door panels where the seatbelt may catch if released without holding and will spray the interior with 303 aerospace too in an effort to avoid the scratches mentioned but its a car if you use it every day it will not stay pristine you just do your best to keep it as good as possible. Positive IQ - I haven't had a car so much fun in years! :thumbsup: B)

Fantastic!

So pleased there are people who absolutely love their iQ.

I must say that reading positive things makes me all warm and cosy inside, yummy.

Personally, getting in and out of the car is in my top 5 things I love about the iQ.

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts. :clap:

tell you what else is nice and funky, automatic lights and automatic wipers, oh yes and that sexy rearview mirror that turns dark green when someone is trying to dazzle you, sooper, hehe, foldy-back mirrors and a turning circle to die for uhmmmm, o yes and that keyless system too! :yahoo:

The start/stop button always makes me giggle like a loon, and the way you swipe the door handle to lock it. Haven't enjoyed a car as much as this one since I had one of the very first smarts back in 2000.

• 1 month later...

I don't suppose anyone will be very interested in this because the forum seems to be used only by whingers. My Deep Amethyst basic iQ has now done nearly 1500 miles. Overall it has averaged about 56 miles per gallon (worked out by petrol bought and mileage done - not by the gauge). I have had a few white marks on panels but they have immediately wiped off with a damp cloth. I have had no problem whatsoever with the gears. And the engine has loosened up a lot since I had it so that it is now quite nippy when used for the purpose it was intended for i.e. local travel - although it has also done some longer journeys without trauma to the occupants.

In short, I am delighted with the car in every way - it does what it says on the tin. What a shame there aren't more fans on the forum. :D

I don't suppose anyone will be very interested in this because the forum seems to be used only by whingers. My Deep Amethyst basic iQ has now done nearly 1500 miles. Overall it has averaged about 56 miles per gallon (worked out by petrol bought and mileage done - not by the gauge). I have had a few white marks on panels but they have immediately wiped off with a damp cloth. I have had no problem whatsoever with the gears. And the engine has loosened up a lot since I had it so that it is now quite nippy when used for the purpose it was intended for i.e. local travel - although it has also done some longer journeys without trauma to the occupants.

In short, I am delighted with the car in every way - it does what it says on the tin. What a shame there aren't more fans on the forum. :D

I love my IQ. Had a few problems with the gears which seem to resolved itself after 500+ miles.

I agree with all the good points in this thread and still love that I have yet to see another on the road.

It is such a fun car and everyone at work ask me what I think of it and how it is going.

I love my IQ. Had a few problems with the gears which seem to resolved itself after 500+ miles.

I agree with all the good points in this thread and still love that I have yet to see another on the road.

It is such a fun car and everyone at work ask me what I think of it and how it is going.

Yes.., yes..., yes the 2nd gear is a little hard to get in to ( one must make a proper “Γ” movement )

I love my iQ as so does everyone else that drives it, 15 and counting ( I’m a driving instructor )

“FANTASTIC!”

“FANTASTIC!”

Some of you seem to be on happy pills if thats your thing then good for you , some of us recognise genuine problems in the real world and do our best to get them aired and then with hope toyota will listen and sort them out, this helps everyone including the good name of toyota, and yes I have my anti-toyota-goody shilelds tuned up to maximum repel LOL

Sorry no “happy pills” here, just love my iQ.

I do understand that most happy people just get on with enjoying there car,

I just thought it would be nice to have one positive thread!

Just had my 1st pupil pass there test today (this amounted to lots of natural happiness),

even the examiners were very interested in the iQ.

Must admit I’ve never owned anything that’s perfect,

and I’m sorry to hear that some of you have problems with the car.

I do still believe there’s lots of happy iQ’s out there!

Just had my 1st pupil pass there test today (this amounted to lots of natural happiness),

hi i will wait and see how happy i will be with my iq 2m as i will pick it up on thursday,i must say felt a bit down reading all the problems take care

quote]

hi i will wait and see how happy i will be with my iq 2m as i will pick it up on thursday,i must say felt a bit down reading all the problems take care

Very pleased with mine, love it.

Over 2000miles of all sorts of driving with no drama or problems.

It is exactly what I expected it to be. so no complaints here.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]I have had my iQ for 5 weeks now its an automatic and have had none of the problems that you guys seem to be having - previous car was a Smart Pulse. I do around 1,000 a month and its a real pleasure to drive - quiet, economical and it makes me smile. A far less hard ride than the Smart. I have the amethyst and there isnt many of them on the roads East Sussex - no one to wave to ! Work in a yard full of men - all of them love her - looks 'chunky'

Agree with comments on scratching the interior plastics - but I guess I'm being a tad careful - as its my first ever 'new' car.

Love the forum - only way to stay in touch

thanks Amy

Hi

I have had my iQ for 5 weeks now, its an automatic (I drive in stacks of traffic queues) - I havn't had the gearing problems that alot of you have had. I do around 1,000 + each month - previously had a Smart Pulse and the iQ is far far better - road handling, quieter and much smoother (not to mention the garaging bills). Petrol + £20 per month.

I work in a yard full of men - and they love her - 'chunky and colour' are the usual comments. She is amethyst and I havn't yet seen another one yet in East Sussex - I want to wave to someone !

Have same complaints on the interior scratching - but I'm being very careful - as its my first ever 'new' car

Great forum - only way to stay in touch

thanks Amy

Love my IQ had the first scuff today on the door panel but simply rubbed it gently with a lint cloth and it went never to be seen again (I hope) getting nearly 49 mpg around town now that has to be good news