Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Had Problems With Rust On Their Auris?

alexaurisTR

Hi all.

Amongst other issues i've had with my Auris, i noticed small ammounts of rust on the seams at the tops of both doors (3 dr), just under the black rubber seal.

I took it in to toyota be looked at, and i've been told the doors will either have to be taken off and stripped and re spreayed or i will have 2 new doors :blink: .

Anyone else had a problem with rust?

I've not got an Auris but my Camry has been back for warranty work due to rust. Had the boot lid replaced last year due to a small spot appearing and it's now returning at the bottom. Perhaps Toyota rot-proofing has returned to their 1980's standards.

Lol.

I'm on my 3rd set of wheel nuts....

tbh i doubt its rust from the panel. i have the same thing on my rear bumber and that is plastic!!!

its possibly just 'fall out' that has settled. is it like dust that has stuck? if u use a clay bar it will remove it :thumbsup:

tbh i doubt its rust from the panel. i have the same thing on my rear bumber and that is plastic!!!

its possibly just 'fall out' that has settled. is it like dust that has stuck? if u use a clay bar it will remove it :thumbsup:

I'm certain its rust. And so is Mr T. As I have already said I'm either getting 2 new doors or having the existing 2 stripped and re sprayed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have rust on all of my wheel nuts but at my service last week I was told that Toyota no longer replace these under warrenty and I would have to buy a new set.

Can anyone confirm this?

I have rust on all of my wheel nuts but at my service last week I was told that Toyota no longer replace these under warrenty and I would have to buy a new set.

Can anyone confirm this?

I have heard that too, but I also heard that they are under 1 year warranty as any other Toyota component and they should be replaced. The only question is what is the point of replacing them if after few months they will start rust again? I am thinking about getting some good quality stuff not from Toyota.

Im waay outta my one year warrenty..

Can anyone else confirm this?

PartsKing?? Also what would be the price of a new toyota set?

My (British-made) Auris has been two winters in almost constant salt-bath and only rusty thingy is one wheelnut, it sits deep in alloys and I noticed it on tuesday when we changed summerwheels. I don't care, my Auris runs max one year and cars are made for driving, I'd buy Lexus IS instead because RWD is funnier to drive with 400 Nm torque.

can you put a picture up of the rust. the speckles are rusty metal particles but they are on the paint not under it. thats if were talking about the same thing.

Taken from the Toyota website...

3 Year paintwork & surface rust warranty:

3 years unlimited mileage cover protecting against defects and surface rust occurring as a result of a manufacturing defect.

surely this should cover wheel nuts aswell.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links