Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Problems

amr1981

Anyone else suffered with/or suffering with the interior alarm sensors on their T180 or SR 180?

Just got home from a deployment with work to a list of problems with the car from my wife!!!!!!

The alarm goes off all the time apparently!! we have to cancel the interior sensors as if an animal or person was left in the car just to stop it going off!!!

She's tried all the tips from toyota, empty the cubby's of foil remove the hanging air freshener open and close everything nothing works!!!!!!!

HELP!!

right as a radio ham guy all i can say is, does were ur wife park have say an infra red sensor pointing at the car? EG automatic patio lights, automatic doors. Also are you parked near a HF antenna array? such as a mobile phone mast or a megadrome antenna array? Does your wife continually leave her mobile phone in the car when it is locked? Is there anything in the car that is left in it which would emit a radio signal such as a bluetooth device or pmr radio? Also, do cats climb onto the car or jump off it at night time?

right as a radio ham guy all i can say is, does were ur wife park have say an infra red sensor pointing at the car? EG automatic patio lights, automatic doors. Also are you parked near a HF antenna array? such as a mobile phone mast or a megadrome antenna array? Does your wife continually leave her mobile phone in the car when it is locked? Is there anything in the car that is left in it which would emit a radio signal such as a bluetooth device or pmr radio? Also, do cats climb onto the car or jump off it at night time?

Thanks for the help!!

Ive emptied the car of everything but she does not leave anything in it and we have the all singing built in satnav bluetooth phone unit so no satnavs or anything like that!!!

It's going off every where we park at the mo its not picky or exclusive!!!!

hmmm, i think you will need to take it to toyota then, i find if i leave my mobile on in the car the alarm will go off or if there is heavy snow or hail storms it will go off

• 7 months later...
Anyone else suffered with/or suffering with the interior alarm sensors on their T180 or SR 180?

Just got home from a deployment with work to a list of problems with the car from my wife!!!!!!

The alarm goes off all the time apparently!! we have to cancel the interior sensors as if an animal or person was left in the car just to stop it going off!!!

She's tried all the tips from toyota, empty the cubby's of foil remove the hanging air freshener open and close everything nothing works!!!!!!!

HELP!!

Just picked up on your posting.. Have the same problem on my wife's Auris T180 too. Has your issue been resolved? If so what was the cause please? I have put a posting out today to know if anyone has had this problem before..

My posting read as follows. If you can help....please!!

I purchased my Auris T180 over 12months ago .It is on a 07 plate. I am having no end of trouble with the alarm going off on it for no reason at all. Been back a number of times to the garage who tell me they cannot find a fault code error. They have changed various sensors but still have the problem. They asked if I had mobile phones in the car or anything electrical. I haven't. They thought it might be radio interference by mobile phone masts or electric fence on a nearby farm. Again this is not the case as it happens away from home and not in one location. They really have not got a clue. Obvious things like Windows,Sun roof closed, door shut properly,nothing hanging in car..all checked.

They have changed the key fobs & reprogrammed it to another frequency. but still no joy.

You can shake the car and the alarm will not go off, so it is not wind,motion sensor.

We also had "Check Air Bag" come up from time to time then go out. Every time I take it back to the garage,they could find no fault or fault code stored.

This week when it came on again and I drove straight to the garage and did not turn the car off. They found a fault with a sensor under the seat, and told me this could also be related to the alarm problem!

Two days after having the car back at 6.24am. this morning,the alarm went off again!

I phoned the garage, the manager who told me what they had found earlier this week was away on holiday,so I spoke to another person who told me some thing entirely different. He said they had found a fault with the microphone sensor in the car and had de-sensortised it. As it is still going off, they said they will order a new one! Different to what i had been told by the manager.

I did find on the forum a posting dated last Nov of someone with an alarm fault on an Auris. At the time I had not registered on the forum. Went away to register,but can't now find the posting.........Any help in any direction, will be appreciated. Thanks..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links