Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Come Back From A 60k Service

crazyman50000

Bought the car Sept 2007 - MOT'd and it had done approx 57K. It's a 2001 1.3 GLS [AC]

Roll bar brushes/bushes had been replaced on the cars first MOT - September 2007 (by first I mean first under my possession)

MOT Sept 2008 - car's done about 59K

Warning on rear tyre wear - no mention on bushes

Service March 2009 - car's done about 61K

Anti roll bar brushes are splitting, 2 back tyres are on the 1.6mm limit on the outer edge

To summarize, the anti roll bar brushes have lasted 18 months ish / 4,500 miles - that don't seem right to me

Service came to £235

It's a common thing, just because they have some splits in them doesnt mean they are duff, you can buy the bushes only for not a lot of cash

Kingo :thumbsup:

Toyota customer service to the rescue!

They fitted a new Battery in my remote which didn't need doing as Id had a new key replaced under warranty not less than 12 months ago. Called Toyota about it, they said the guy doing the service wouldn't have known and that it's just part of the service. He then offered to give me a new Battery for free. Not really what I was hoping for, but you can't really ask for a lot else (consumables are non refundable by law)

On the service sheet it's got brake fluid replaced N/A, but on the invoice I've been charged for the fluid - spoke to them about this. They've offered to pick the car up from where I work, take it Mr. T themselves. They said they'de check if it's been replaced and take action accordingly and then reimburse me for the fuel used. Again, can't really ask for a lot more.

I know these are 'petty' things, but Im a paying customer and from a main dealer, I expect to be treated fairly, things done properly and treated with respect.

If they keep their word, then top marks all round.

Not petty at all mate. They should have got it right first time. Just goes to show that the chimp who types up the invoice is a different chimp to the one working on your car. I once had the same thing - fluid billed for on the invoice but no tick on the service sheet. When I queried it I was just told, if 'it's on the invoice then it will have been done'. Yeah thanks but the chimp filling in the service sheet is more likely to have got it right. Useless.

As for the bushes, were they an MOT failure or just advisory? Keep an eye on the new ones. You can guarantee that within a couple of months they'll be split again but with no detriment to safety. It's just a money spinner in these desparate times for garages. My friend was told £220 for a new water pump fitted from her local Toyota dealer. She was like 'HOW MUCH!?!?!' so the chimp went away, came back and said 'We can do it for £180'. Just goes to show they make the prices up as they go along.

On the 2008 MOT they were green. 6 months on it's an advisory on the Vehicle safety check

I ain't replacing em until it's an MOT failure

my last car was a Yaris on a 02 plate, and in 6 years of ownership i had the bushses replaced only once, but it only had 30000 miles on the clock

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links