Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multidrive Transmission

BALSCOTE

Hi

My wife and I have 2 Toyota Corollas 05 Reg with each having less than 14000 miles on the clock, both cars have automatic transmissions and we really like the cars. Late last year we decided to change them in for 2 new cars with Multimode transmission. Fortunately we went for test drives before deciding to buy. With all due respect Toyota Multimode is a load of rubbish. I have spoken with some master mechanics that work for Toyota also sales people and they all agreed that MULTIMODE was CRAP yes CRAP. In fact the sales people said that it was turning people off buying cars with Multimode I just cannot understand that the worlds largest auto dealer could get it so wrong,give us regular automatic transmission Toyota and dump this crap.

My question is I believe the new MULTIDRIVE that Toyota are using now is fully automatic, can anyone on the forum tell me if Toyota intend to bring out the 2009 AURIS SR with MULTIDRIVE transmission 1.6 litre, really appreciate if someone could answer this for me I want to stick with Toyota .

Thanks in advance.

MultiMode wasn't succes for Toyota, so now they're bringing MultiDrive S, it's pretty interesting, because they say it's cheaper to develop than the "ordinary" automatic transmission... So I suppose MultiDrive isn't full automatic transmission, it's just MM-T which changes without lags (kind of a DSG?), right?

Best regards, Alex

Isn't multidrive like multitronic in audi, I've read that somewhere in the internet. Engine rev in one position and the car is accelerating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuously_...le_transmission

It would be cool if it's like that. But not necessarily that cool for the MM-T owners... Nice update from Toyota just after 1-2 years selling cars with MM-T!

I think many would have been waited for that period of time if he knew what would have been happened... I'm still a bit sceptical about that new "full-auto" transmission :mellow:

Best regards, Alex

Isn't multidrive like multitronic in audi, I've read that somewhere in the internet. Engine rev in one position and the car is accelerating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuously_...le_transmission

It would be cool if it's like that. But not necessarily that cool for the MM-T owners... Nice update from Toyota just after 1-2 years selling cars with MM-T!

I think many would have been waited for that period of time if he knew what would have been happened... I'm still a bit sceptical about that new "full-auto" transmission :mellow:

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Do you still happy with ours MMT gear in ours Auris.

Do you have any problems lately? Is it still O.K

How many KM do you have now?

Hi

My wife and I have 2 Toyota Corollas 05 Reg with each having less than 14000 miles on the clock, both cars have automatic transmissions and we really like the cars. Late last year we decided to change them in for 2 new cars with Multimode transmission. Fortunately we went for test drives before deciding to buy. With all due respect Toyota Multimode is a load of rubbish. I have spoken with some master mechanics that work for Toyota also sales people and they all agreed that MULTIMODE was CRAP yes CRAP. In fact the sales people said that it was turning people off buying cars with Multimode I just cannot understand that the worlds largest auto dealer could get it so wrong,give us regular automatic transmission Toyota and dump this crap.

My question is I believe the new MULTIDRIVE that Toyota are using now is fully automatic, can anyone on the forum tell me if Toyota intend to bring out the 2009 AURIS SR with MULTIDRIVE transmission 1.6 litre, really appreciate if someone could answer this for me I want to stick with Toyota .

Thanks in advance.

I would say: Welcome to the club of dissatistified Toyoya customer.

I drive for over 30 years al kind of Corolla's of which the last 10 years with an automati transmission.

The was super. The combination of a 1.6 engine and this ytransmission was the succes of the Corolla.

Now for one unidentified ans misty reason the intellectuals of Toyota decided that all smallers cars had

to have MMT (Auris, Yaris, ...). According to the my dealer there would be a minor difference in driving

an automatic transmission. Indeed the test car I drove was OK. Now I have an Auris 1.6 MMT. From week

1 the trouble began. Airco/heating unit broke down. Had to be replaced completely. Squeezing braking.

It took over a year to find out what the solutions was. In the meantime this car has gone to the dealer 7 times

on this issues. Plastic parts I lost. The MMT is a story on its own. Uptill now all part to the gearbox have been

replaced and modified. The ECU has been replaced and the computer has been upgraded. And.... It is still

rubbish. This MMT is a disgrace. Further is an axtra risc for a Toyota driver for you never know what this

thing has what kind of suprises for you. Finally the car went for an inspection to the Import Company of

Toyota in the Netherlands and guess what.....they could find anything. The car was technical OK.

Now I am looking for fellow Toyota drivers who are facing the same problems as I have and get a solution via

their dealers. My experience is that as a single customer it is difficult to get your problems solved. In my

opinion when we are united we can contact Toyota Headquarters in Brussels.

If anyone -who reads this- has the same experience , please contact me via hotmail: farmerdick@hotmail.com

|I assure you I will respond to you.

In the meantime goodluck with this. By the way, did you know that by the end of March a new Auris (Corolla)

Verso will be introduced. One of the possibilties is a 1.8 engine with a CVT transmission. This is the same as

in the Prius or Avensis.

Isn't this Discrimenating :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

RGDS

DJ

I do totally agree with you Farmer :censor:!

Have had the same problems and now I'm starting to be worried about the time when my guarantee will expire,

even if there's still 1,5 years left!

I have had and do still have:

- Braking squeals (now it's fixed but it's still there when I'm reversing)

- Dash rattles

- Rattles in that piece where you insert your seatbelt to

- Big MM-T problems, updates done, ECU updated several times, whole gearbox changed, now it's doing same things again with the new one, and now there's some new computer on it's way from japan with a different software (was at the dealer today)

- Problems with wipers, even they're new or aftermarket (not from Toyota), they leave 10-20cm "dirty" stripe in the center of the left wiper ONLY. Straight on the level of my eyes

And because all of these problems I were several times at my dealer because they weren't fixed at the first time. First they couldn't locate them, then they fixed them couple of times but didn't succeed... And with all those problems, same thing!

Haven't counted how many times have I been at my dealer, but there sure is over 10 of them. Maybe even closer to twenty times!

I would like to complain to Toyota and try to get my money back, or something else like that. I know it's possible to do, but haven't tried yet as it will be very difficult and long process!

Best regards, Alex

Hi

Thanks in advance.

SEE TOYOTA UK AND YOU will FIND THAT A NEW AURIS 2009 ALSO INTRODUCED WITH NEW 1.6 ENGINE WITH 6 GEAR

"1.6 Valvematic with six-speed transmission delivers an additional 30% extra power and 22% extra torque, with a very creditable 43.5mpg combined.

Available now in TR and T Spirit grades with six-speed transmission and multimode"

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/...id=TOD_Auris_NG

and look also:

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2008/10/toyota-launches.html

"Power in the new 1.6-liter Valvematic has been increased by 20% compared to the previous 1.6 VVT-i—up to 132 hp (97 kW), with torque up by 10 Nm to 160 Nm (118 lb-ft) at 4,400 rpm. The CO2 emission level is reduced by 12% to 152 g/km for the sedan. Combined cycle (NEDC) fuel consumption is 6.5L/100km (36 mpg US). The 1.6-liter engine is paired with a new 6-speed manual transmission."

I THING THAT WE, THE AURIS'S OWNERS ALL OVER THE WORLD , MUST united AND we MUST contact Toyota Headquarters in Brussels TO MAKE A STRONG COMPLAINT - BECAUSE THEY MISMATCH US AND FAKE US.

NOBODY WILL BUY MY OLD AURIS. ONE or TWO YEARS FROM NOW - WITH OLD 1.6 ENGINE up to 124 hp and WITH MY OLD MMT GEAR .

BUT MY "NEW AURIS 2008" IS ONLY LEST THEN TWO YEARS OLD AND ITS NOW OLD-OLD-VERY OLD ,

BECAUSE THEY START TO SELL IN THE YEAR 2009 - THE NEW-NEW-VERY NEW AURIS 2009 - up to 132 hp ALREADY.

You can send me a note in private.

AURIS2008 ( The OLD Auris)

========================================================================

Hi

Thanks in advance.

I drive for over 30 years al kind of Corolla's of which the last 10 years with an automati transmission.

The was super. The combination of a 1.6 engine and this ytransmission was the succes of the Corolla.

Now for one unidentified ans misty reason the intellectuals of Toyota decided that all smallers cars had

to have MMT (Auris, Yaris, ...). According to the my dealer there would be a minor difference in driving

an automatic transmission. Indeed the test car I drove was OK. Now I have an Auris 1.6 MMT. From week

1 the trouble began. Airco/heating unit broke down. Had to be replaced completely. Squeezing braking.

It took over a year to find out what the solutions was. In the meantime this car has gone to the dealer 7 times

on this issues. Plastic parts I lost. The MMT is a story on its own. Uptill now all part to the gearbox have been

replaced and modified. The ECU has been replaced and the computer has been upgraded. And.... It is still

rubbish. This MMT is a disgrace. Further is an axtra risc for a Toyota driver for you never know what this

thing has what kind of suprises for you. Finally the car went for an inspection to the Import Company of

Toyota in the Netherlands and guess what.....they could find anything. The car was technical OK.

Now I am looking for fellow Toyota drivers who are facing the same problems as I have and get a solution via

their dealers. My experience is that as a single customer it is difficult to get your problems solved. In my

If anyone -who reads this- has the same experience , please contact me via hotmail: farmerdick@hotmail.com

In the meantime goodluck with this. By the way, did you know that by the end of March a new Auris (Corolla)

Verso will be introduced. One of the possibilties is a 1.8 engine with a CVT transmission. This is the same as

in the Prius or Avensis.

RGDS

DJ

Hi Alex,

I am O.K and so is mine MMT and mine Auris - Still love it

As I told in my previous message there's many things done and

it's still not normal, new computer is ordered from Japan! It was

pretty good for the moment, but now there's been several problems

like brake squeal, wiper problems and the MM-T isn't working properly...

Hope to get it solved, but I'm starting to lose my faith little by little,

hope I'll get over it when the summer will start. I have 39 000 on the clock now,

the car was standing at my grandmother's garage for about a month!

Best regards, Alex

SEE TOYOTA UK AND YOU will FIND THAT A NEW AURIS 2009 ALSO INTRODUCED WITH NEW 1.6 ENGINE WITH 6 GEAR

"1.6 Valvematic with six-speed transmission delivers an additional 30% extra power and 22% extra torque, with a very creditable 43.5mpg combined.

Available now in TR and T Spirit grades with six-speed transmission and multimode"

But it still seems to have MultiMode? Strange, as for example iQ is built with MultiDrive transmissin, thought they'd put it in the new Auris and Yaris also...

Best regards, Alex

Very nice to here from you - We must do something with the "new-new Auris 2009 "- It is disaster.

Our 1.6 - old engine - Auris will be history two years from now - You and Me and Other -

We will lose more than 30% from ours market price. !!!

Hi Alex,

t

As I told in my previous message there's many things done and

it's still not normal, new computer is ordered from Japan! It was

pretty good for the moment, but now there's been several problems

like brake squeal, wiper problems and the MM-T isn't working properly...

Hope to get it solved, but I'm starting to lose my faith little by little,

hope I'll get over it when the summer will start. I have 39 000 on the clock now,

the car was standing at my grandmother's garage for about a month!

Best regards, Alex

Hi

Thanks in advance.

in the Prius or Avensis.

RGDS

DJ

Farmer *****,

Boy you sure are having your problems, I feel sorry for you, you buy the car in good faith and you get dumped on literally not through your own fault. Look the MMT was a disaster from day one, Toyota will not admit it that it was a mistake and crap, when I called Toyota head office in the UK they informed me that the reason they used MMT was because of emissions etc etc. In fact I am now informed that Toyota foisted this rubbish ---MMT---for cost saving. You cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear and the MMT is PIGS EAR.

Do the Chiefs at Toyota ever read this forum, Since we arrived in the UK from the USA we have always been loyal to Toyota as the are a dammed fine Company and make reliable cars up to this MMT rubbish. No please Toyota stop CATFARTING AROUND and give your valued customers what they want,

Thank you.

and look also:

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2008/10/toyota-launches.html

"Power in the new 1.6-liter Valvematic has been increased by 20% compared to the previous 1.6 VVT-i—up to 132 hp (97 kW), with torque up by 10 Nm to 160 Nm (118 lb-ft) at 4,400 rpm. The CO2 emission level is reduced by 12% to 152 g/km for the sedan. Combined cycle (NEDC) fuel consumption is 6.5L/100km (36 mpg US). The 1.6-liter engine is paired with a new 6-speed manual transmission."

I THING THAT WE, THE AURIS'S OWNERS ALL OVER THE WORLD , MUST united AND we MUST contact Toyota Headquarters in Brussels TO MAKE A STRONG COMPLAINT - BECAUSE THEY MISMATCH US AND FAKE US.

NOBODY WILL BUY MY OLD AURIS. ONE or TWO YEARS FROM NOW - WITH OLD 1.6 ENGINE up to 124 hp and WITH MY OLD MMT GEAR .

BUT MY "NEW AURIS 2008" IS ONLY LEST THEN TWO YEARS OLD AND ITS NOW OLD-OLD-VERY OLD ,

BECAUSE THEY START TO SELL IN THE YEAR 2009 - THE NEW-NEW-VERY NEW AURIS 2009 - up to 132 hp ALREADY.

You can send me a note in private.

AURIS2008 ( The OLD Auris)

========================================================================

Hi

Thanks in advance.

in the Prius or Avensis.

RGDS

DJ

DJ,

Thank you for your reply, I am more confused than ever now tith Toyota. This morning I am trying to find out what all the new glossy terms Toyota are bringing out :::::A/CVT TRANSMISSION B/MULTIDRIVE S C/VALVEMATIC D/ OPTIMAL DRIVE. ::::::: I AM REALLY GETTING MORE CONFUSED, I AM ONLY A USA PILOT THAT FLEW THE BIG JETS however leaarning to fly up to the Commander of big jets wa peanuts compared to this GOBBLEDOOK I am getting. Yoyota can you please just make a transmision that is FULLY AUTOMATIC::::ACTS LIKE YOUR ORIGIONAL AUTOMATICS THAT EVERYONE WAS SATISFIED WITH AND STOP TRYING TO CONFUSE PEOPLE WITH ALL THIS JARGON. WE ARE NOT CAR ENGINEERS JUST NORMAL WANTING TO STAY WITH TOYOTA BUY MY 2 NEW AURIS AND BE HAPPY. AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THIS FORUM LOTS OF PEOPLE VERY UNHAPPY . THIS FORUM IS A DAMMING INDITEMENT OF THE UNHAPPINES PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE FEELING. NOW TOYOTA GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND STOP ALL THIS NONSENCE.

Thank you.

Seems like there is a few people that dislike MMT then. I personally dont mind it. If You use it correctly then it works great. I admit there have been a few tech issues with it but once these have been sorted, all was ok. I think that alot of the problems are down to customers being sold the system as an automatic when it isnt. But like it has been said above, looks like they are changing to a CVT type system now which works great in the new Avensis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links