spiderman30

Anyone Else Into Bikes?

well as much as i love my little rolla i do have a first love which is motor bikes

i've had them since i was eight years old.

it all started with a bit of motocross then it took to the road at 17 with a 125cc

then it progressed very quickly to the bigger stuff.

i have an szr 660 a fireblade katana 1280 with a turbo and a one off streetfighter and an R1

now i want to try and bulid a chop or low rider just for the summer.

so anybody else into the things your mum always hated?

thought i'd put up some pic's for you to see

post-74900-1237492299_thumb.jpg

post-74900-1237492312_thumb.jpg

well as much as i love my little rolla i do have a first love which is motor bikes

i've had them since i was eight years old.

it all started with a bit of motocross then it took to the road at 17 with a 125cc

then it progressed very quickly to the bigger stuff.

i have an szr 660 a fireblade katana 1280 with a turbo and a one off streetfighter and an R1

now i want to try and bulid a chop or low rider just for the summer.

so anybody else into the things your mum always hated?

thought i'd put up some pic's for you to see

post-74900-1237492299_thumb.jpg

post-74900-1237492312_thumb.jpg

yep,, nice bikes :thumbsup:

I used to ride ( seems all too long ago now. )

Started with a GP100 till I passed my test, then went to a Kawasaki GPZ305 ( strange bike ! )

Than a Yamaha XJ600S and finally a CBR600FN.

Sold the CBR to buy the bike of my dreams - an Urban Tiger Fireblade, but never got round to buying one :(

I used to have several Bikes, not all at the same time, mind you :lol:

My last one was an ES2 Norton :eek: Yes, it was that long ago :crybaby:

I swapped it for a Morris Minor :crybaby: Oh, the shame of it :blush:

I bought a new push bike, over a year ago coz I'm supposed to go out & exercise. Haven't thrown my leg over it {or anything else :naughty: } yet

Some prople would not call it a bike, but I have a 1968 Lambretta which I have totally restored. :yahoo:

I used to ride them in the 60's

Some prople would not call it a bike, but I have a 1968 Lambretta which I have totally restored. :yahoo:

I used to ride them in the 60's

I remember them & Vespas, too. I would certainly call it a Bike. :thumbsup: Yours must be worth a bob or two now, being fully restored.

The likes of those seem to have gone out of fashion now, here in Ireland, at least :crybaby: Mind you, I have seen a beauty around the town, but haven't been able to get a close look to see the make. It has a cowl from front to back, leaving it that the rider & passenger are riding in a doorless car :scooter::eek:

I had a Heinkel engined 3 wheeler Bubble car for a VERY short time :shutit: Think they made rather good scooters too.

I am into my bikes.

I know what I like but only when I see it.

:thumbsup: We are a family of bikers, Got several.

Currently riding an XJ900.(& a couple of smaller bikes on the road aswell),

Plus several in the garage including my prized Mirage1200. B)

Nice bikes. The original Katana 1000 was a cracker, better than the 1100 as it had the slide carbs rather than CV units so was more responsive, but just as fast, made for homologation rules for F1 bike racing as it was then. I never got a chance to ride this beastie, it was just as I was getting into bikes. The GPZ900R was also a very nice bike, better I think than so many of the bikes these days that are too focussed. Not forgetting the GSXR1100K, among many of the bikes I've ridden over the years. Almost forgot, the original Africa Twin, the 650 built by HRC, a great bike which I did ride. I have missed out on some others I'd still like to ride, like the RC30, still up there with the greatest.

Between bikes at moment, but last one was a Yamaha R6. Ill get a pic up later.

Not these days. Used to ride a 400cc Honda but even on that I was dangerous to myself! I just liked the speed too much so, after deciding I couldn't trust my right hand not to twist that throttle too far, I bought a car :P

Had quite a few bikes, Malagutti 50cc mped :D: Honda CB125, CB250, CB400, BMW R75, BMW R100RS (which I still have) also ridden quite a few being in the trade we often get them in P/EX. Don't ride anymore, cant be bothered getting all kitted up, Anyone want to make an offer on the Beemer?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Before my first car,I had a bike and I really like bikes that time,since I purchase a four wheel car I don't have any chance to ride a bike again.

I’m definitely into bikes; there's no feeling like hitting the road on a bike you've built/modified. I had a few way back when, but now that I’m a dad my biking days are over. Funny thing is, the trade-off is completely worth it.

I've got a KTM Adventure, love the biking and travelling. Just returned from a trip to North Africa 2 up with the missus.

CBCE5180-8EA8-40A0-AF90-3630D89F0A8F-6463-00000452454BEC46.jpg

C3EC72B6-5D18-4893-9865-F07BA6495ABA-5173-000004508B2F53B3.jpg

• Like 1

sold my bike as the past 2 summers cant justify getting another right now

heres my last bike a yamaha thundercat

nice comfy tourer for a 600 and goes well

went round ireland in it a few times

i miss the bike runs

think its time for another bike

thekat001.jpg

thekat002.jpg

Good all-round bike those - my Yorkshire mate had one & loved it.

Personally I ride a Kawasaki ZX636 - the 2002 A1P model. Been riding since I passed my test in 1990 & had 3 Yamahas, 3 Ducatis, 2 Suzukis & 2 Kawasakis since then.

For me it's a part of life, not just a hobby. Although I must admit to tucking them away for the Winter as the salted roads just wreck them !

Will post up a pic when I get the chance :)

I had a few bikes in the 60/70's,but stopped biking when i married and had family/work commitments,long hours left me no time to continue..started biking again when i retired at 60 five years ago and had more time..bought a Honda VT600,then a VT750,Goldwing GL1200,and my present one over 2 years ago a Goldwing GL1500 with the six cylinder engine

newpic-2800_zps79e97969.jpg

Still got a Vmax trike that I've had for 12 years but dont use it as much as I would like due to arthritis,trapped nerves and a dodgy back,I have thoughts of hanging my helmet up sometimes,until I get on it then within a hundred yards I realise its the best feeling in the world...for me anyway

• Like 1

Still got a Vmax trike that I've had for 12 years but dont use it as much as I would like due to arthritis,trapped nerves and a dodgy back,I have thoughts of hanging my helmet up sometimes,until I get on it then within a hundred yards I realise its the best feeling in the world...for me anyway

Actually, been looking at trikes myself.. ..wanting a full body one with the rear enclosed and boot,there was a V-Max on e-bay now in Bike Trader for sale at Newark looked very nice but had a large bench seat fitted...would like a gl1500 with EML/Lehman/Baron etc conversion fitted if poss' but they are like "hens teeth" and the ones that do come up are always way too expensive..have seen others with full body conversions fitted but sadly they are the same, very overpriced.....Still riding the Goldwing tho'..was out yesterday...usually to Skeggy/Brid/Scarborough etc ...where pic was taken.. and back but it is a big heavy bike...although the weight disappears when wheels rolling....have even thought of having a conversion done myself at Panther Trikes/Cleckheaton..probably work out a lot cheaper....Your trike looks very very nice...is it a full body conversion??...regards..paul

Hi Paul

I had a Goldwing trike before the Vmax but not a fully enclosed one and only an old GL1100 but a lovely thing to ride all the same and as you say when you start looking at EML type stuff your not getting a deal of change from £20000 !!!!! Appleyards in Keithley

used to be the agents for them last time i looked but had a nose bleed when I found out the prices,Grinell do some smart looking trikes with a boot and all the trimmings but again very expensive,I've parked in that very spot ;) and have friends in Scarbro and Hunmanby gap,all bikers...When I win the lottery a Grinell Rocket Three will be on the list of toys

Les