Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Google Street View

Demonic Angel

Been playing with this today and it's pretty mind-blowing!

Currently only available in the following cities: London, Edinburgh, Leeds, Bradford, Cambridge, Cardiff, Belfast, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Sheffield, Nottingham, Derby, Bristol, Coventry, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Swansea, York, Newcastle, Dundee, Southampton, Norwich and Scun.thorpe.

Just go to one of these cities on Google Maps and click the little orange man icon just above the zoom navi and drag him to a street... you can "drive" up and down streets by clicking the arrows or drag the page for a 360 degree view of the street.... it's quite amazing!

More info here....

It's brilliant fun! :yahoo: Yeah I've had too much time on my hands today!

It really is addictive!

Boyfriend lives in Coventry so been to his house & work today - and not in a stalker-like fashion either! :lol: :lol:

Google have had photographic vehicles out for quite a few months now so YOUR street has probably been photographed.

My house, my mother's house & my sister's house are all on it. :eek:

scary stuff......big brother watching?????

It really is addictive!

Boyfriend lives in Coventry so been to his house & work today - and not in a stalker-like fashion either! :lol: :lol:

Creepy!!! :P

Ok,

So this is amazing!!!! Just had a drive round Derby and visited my old haunts.

Feel sorry for the poor booger who had to fuzz out all the faces/numberplates and company names!!!!

Feel sorry for the poor booger who had to fuzz out all the faces/numberplates and company names!!!!
Most of this is automatic, most cameras and photo editing software can handle face recognition and the speed camera software has had number plate recognition sorted for a few years now so you just run the pics through the software and tell if to add a blur filter to the recognised areas.

I wonder how out of date the photos are. The view down Hanover St in Edinburgh looks nothing like the photos as there are major road works (for the trams) in Princes St and Hanover St is now closed off. These roadworks are due to be there for at least another 12 months so whilst it may give you an idea of how something looks it could also look nothing like the photos.

Most of this is automatic, most cameras and photo editing software can handle face recognition and the speed camera software has had number plate recognition sorted for a few years now so you just run the pics through the software and tell if to add a blur filter to the recognised areas.

Indeed... Sadly my part of Bradford aint been covered as yet! gits... they got most of it though. What i have checked out is my old Uni days digs where i used to live! brings back memories!

Bit of a row going on here (as usual :P ) They are about to do the major Cities of Ireland & some people are a bit "iffy" about it. It will go ahead anyway. I'm looking forward to it :yahoo:

I can understand the "iffy". I said to a friend who wouldn't have a computer, that I had Googled her house, but as her car wasn't there she must have been at work at the time. She went ballistic :censor:

She thought that I could keep an eye on the comings & goings @ any time :blink: I explained that it was just an aerial photo, probably taken 2 years previously. I think she has accepted that :thumbsup:

My house isn't on it yet - Even I struggle to find it sometimes ( it's so well tucked away ! )

There are my Holiday plans ruined :crybaby: I was coming on a surprise visit for a month or 2 :lol2:

Pop round by all means ( bring food though - running a bit low at the moment )

( and the kitchen is currently in it's 'alter ego' as a spraybooth ! )

Pop round by all means ( bring food though - running a bit low at the moment )

( and the kitchen is currently in it's 'alter ego' as a spraybooth ! )

:eek: You are not finally getting round to finishing the Sera are you Rich?? :lol: ;)

Thinking of it, surely these camera cars will have to go round again in a few years - cities change constantly.... take Coventry for example, apparently they are planning to redevelop the whole of the city centre (because quite frankly it's pants!)

Can't wait for them to arrive in Rugby - I wonder if they've already been? These cars were out last year weren't they?

This is great. Cool if you want to cheap out a place before you go there ;)

jerry

Thinking of it, surely these camera cars will have to go round again in a few years - cities change constantly.... take Coventry for example, apparently they are planning to redevelop the whole of the city centre (because quite frankly it's pants!)

Oi lol

;)

Thats pretty neat... although nothing in my area.

Our house isn't on this yet, however the Focus with the camera was on our street a few weeks a go when i was working at home. Just had a look at the Mrs's office car park and the Rolla is there, the reg no is blurred out though.

Oi lol

;)

Mate are you seriously under the illusion that Coventry city centre is nice? :lol:

I spend a lot of time in Cov now (mainly Longford) and errr well Longford Park is nice except the fact it's built on landfill..... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links