Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tns 510 - Sat Nav Option

Purnah

Does anyone know how to adjust the current time and date in the tns510?

I can not find the adjustment anywhere!

Just adjust the time of internal clock.

Thanx!!!

But what about the date?

Thanx!!!

But what about the date?

As far as i know.

There is no date in the navi system :(

Thanx!!!

But what about the date?

As far as i know.

There is no date in the navi system :(

It has a calander with memo, and there is a button called today! But I cant find where to adjust the date.

Do anyone know what is the map coverage area on the SD card? Is it limited to the UK, full Europian map, or up to where? Can I navigate to Austria? :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Do anyone know what is the map coverage area on the SD card? Is it limited to the UK, full Europian map, or up to where? Can I navigate to Austria? :unsure:

Should have been part of the packaging of the SD-card, and it's also on the card if you play with the unit. It's full EU coverage, including austria.

Hi All

Can anyone who has had the iPod Integration Kit fitted tell me how much it cost?

I have been quoted £207 + VAT including fitting.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

regarding the USB stick problem and the TNS510:

Despite my earlier post regarding the USB sticks, I can now say that it has nothing to do with a 2GB limit reading max nor with the size of the USB stick itself. In Holland since a number of weeks an update for the bluetooth functionality is available. I was wondering, whether also the USB stick problem was solved. Not :angry: ! But again, I did some tests. And it showed, that the 2GB reading limit or USB stick size is just a coincidence.

The real problem is that the TNS510 will not read more than 255 MP3 or WMA files. Whether these are stored on a 2, 8 or 16GB USB stick does not matter, nor does it matter whether these 255 files will take 1,5GB or 4GB !!! Just try it! You will see it for yourself.

Why is then everybody (including myself in an earlier post) mentioning that there is a max of 2GB and appr. 21 folders? That's a simple calculation. Each CD will normally contain appr. 12 numbers. Well...21*12 is very near to 255. The 2GB is approximately the size of these files when using 256 Kb bitstream MP3. But again: the real limit is the 255 files per USB stick.

To proof it, I have created from each CD one large MP3 (or you could join the existing MP3's into one large MP3 by means of a MP3-joiner). Thereafter I tried to store appr. 255 of these large MP3 files on a 16GB stick. Well, after loading the 255 files the 16GB was almost full. Then I tried the stick on the TNS510. It works great: 255 CD's on a 16GB USB stick, all recognizable by the TNS510. There is of course one big disadvantage: you can't scroll anymore through the several numbers of a CD, this since each CD now in itself is a MP3.

So, you can have a huge number of hours on one USB-stick, when you don't care that you can't scroll through all the individual songs.

For that we still need another update solving this issue.

---

Hi All

Can anyone who has had the iPod Integration Kit fitted tell me how much it cost?

I have been quoted £207 + VAT including fitting.

Cheers

Cost me £250.00 inclusive. Well worth it though with 120gig of music on offer. Works great with touch screen!!

• 1 month later...

In reply to an earlier question.... I paid £160 for the iPod integration kit at time of ordering the vehicle. I believe that all optional extras may be more expensive if they are ordered a new vehicle is delivered.

The TNS510 seems to work really well with the iPhone (3G). I can't figure out quite how the DIRECT menu control differs from the normal MENU though.

The only thing I can't get to work is the address book transfer. There is a button that reads 'transfer addresses'. When you select it you then choose a group to move your telephone addresses into. However, when you then select one of those groups the next pop-up instructs you to 'transfer addresses from your phone'. This ins't very clear. Nothing happens when I wait, even after 30 minutes. I believe it is waiting for you to initiate transfer somehow from your phone. The iPhone lacks any ability to send its' address book via bluetooth.

I had no such problem with my Tomtom, as it initiated the transfer automatically. Therefore it is technically possible to copy the address book via bloothooth, but it doesn't seem possible with the TNS510.

If anyone knows how to transfer the addresses from the iPhone it would be most appreciated.

also looking for the same thing as virtual3.

Must be some way of transfering the address book from the iPhone.

With regards the Ipod lead, see how much it is to buy it without fitting.

I have taken my sat nav system out when I fitted the reversing camera and all the ipod intergration is is a lead plugged into the back and fitted into a switch blank.

The sat nav takes 5 minutes to take out.

If anyone knows how to transfer the addresses from the iPhone it would be most appreciated.

hi all,

my name is Frankie, I'm from Italy and happily drive my IQ 1.0 Automatic.

I've searched for a solution to this issue for weeks with no success but to use a SonyEriccson k850i to transfer the addressbook and now, of course, I'm using my own 3g.

I'm, generally, quite happy with the system; it does connect quickly, offers ipod bluetooth support and the receiving quality is superb; unluckily I can't say the same for the quality of the transmission; robotic voice, too low, disturbed ect, etc.

How's yours?

Ciao,

Frankie

• 2 months later...
In reply to an earlier question.... I paid £160 for the iPod integration kit at time of ordering the vehicle. I believe that all optional extras may be more expensive if they are ordered a new vehicle is delivered.

Hi,

Virtual3. Sorry I am new to this but does anyone have the toyota product code for the full ipod integration kit for the TNS510 on the IQ. I have just ordered an IQ3 with Nav and when I asked my dealer the did not know anything about the ipod integration kit for the TNS510. I would like them to add it before the vehicle comes on 1st March.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Virtual3. Sorry I am new to this but does anyone have the toyota product code for the full ipod integration kit for the TNS510 on the IQ. I have just ordered an IQ3 with Nav and when I asked my dealer the did not know anything about the ipod integration kit for the TNS510. I would like them to add it before the vehicle comes on 1st March.

Thanks.

In addition, just thought I would let you all know. I took delivery of my new IQ3 today and it has the full ipod integration kit fitted as standard now with models with full sat nav. No extra costs. (Yippee)

Well pleased. :D

• 5 weeks later...

You can't change the time as such, but you can change the time zone or daylight saving setting: Page 106/107 of the manual.

● Time zone

Time zone can be changed.

1. Push the “MENU” button.

2. Touch “Navigation” on the “Mescreen.

3. Touch “Setup” on the “Navigatiscreen.

Then touch“Setup” screen.

to display page 2 of 4E514. Touch “Change” of “Time zone”.

The “Change time zone” screen willdisplayed on the display.

4E515. Touch the desired time zone.

The selected button is highlighted.

6. If you touch “Others”, adjust time zone with ▲▼ and touch  .

4E5143G

7. Touch “On” for “Daylight saving time” to set daylight saving time. Touch “Off” to cancel it.

8. Touch “OK”.

• 10 months later...

As the maps are on an SD card. I wonder if the operating system is Windows CE. That way Tom Tom could be used on it. Anyone know if this is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if it has a 3D navigation mode?

I have looked through the PDF manual I downloaded and it seems overly complicated. Why not use the simplicity of Tom Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my iQ3 today and have had a little play with the navigation unit. It's not as easy a TomTom unit, but is not as bad as I first thought. I connected my iPhone 4 to it perfectly and was very clear with speech on the call I received. It connect with bluetooth streaming as well. It did not read the phonebook on my iPhone, but I was able enter my own numbers fairly easily and then added them to 6 speed dials of my most important numbers. It has calendar options for for adding notes etc.

• 3 years later...

of course if somebody would be able to let tomtom run on this unit I would build a monument for him since it really would be my dream! :)

tent

PS: how ist it nowadays with the mp3 file number limit, was it solved with some SW update finally?

Hi Tent

TomTom runs in a windows CE environment and Android/ Apple app so no chance of it working on a Tns510.

Not sure about limited MP3 tracks as i have a TNS350 now

Btw the post previous to yours was 3 yrs ago

David

yes you are right quite old.. but indeed I wanted to have confirmation if nowadays the issue is not found.. in mine it seems there is no such limit for files and the firmware is from 2012 as far as I understood

for the tomtom I understood from previous posts the tns510 had wince inside.. but you seem definitely to exclude that, right? :)

tent

Hi tent

The 510 operating system is on the memory card and is an un encrypted file called Loading.kwi and is a UNIX fife. When you buy a new map card it automatically updates the firmware if there has been a change

Some times that file can get corrupt like when you try to start the car with a flat Battery. When this file is corrupt, you cant get the unit to work at all it is a good idea to keep a copy of the Loading.kwi file and copy it to a blank memory card of 4gb for safe keeping. This can be used to at least get functionality back except the maps which are encrypted with the card manufacturers serial number when the card was made making it not possible to copy the card in total. But if you have a copy of the file you can overwrite the original and bring the 510 back to life with maps

David

• Like 1

Wow David, good to know!! I'll definitely make a backup but in such a case I'd probably need to buy a new one.. how much do those map sd cards cost?

I'm also trying to connect the camera to this nav unit now but I'm not able to find the correct pinout: any hint?

tent