Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acknowledging Other Iq Drivers.

mike787

When I had my Smart, (before the engine blew at 40k miles), it was common for Smart owners to wave at each other as they passed, driving in opposite directions. It was quite 'uplifting' and always brought a smile. How about IQ owners doing something similar when seeing each other in their cars? Any suggestions for an appropriate non offensive gesticulation?

have not seen another iQ yet!!

Waving is nice, yes that’s what I’ll do, oh and maybe a little sigh “oh no I’m not that special any more."

When i saw one, we just stared and grinned lots at eachother!!!

I am picking mine up this morning - yippee.

Still haven't seen another one on the road, have been keeping an eye out while waiting for mine !

When I see one I will definitely wave, grin etc !

Trading in my smart and always wave in that. Previously had MR2 and then a Scooby all of which owners wave to each other - oh how I would hate to ever drive a Ford Focus or any other " common" car !!!!!!!!

I am picking mine up this morning - yippee.

Still haven't seen another one on the road, have been keeping an eye out while waiting for mine !

When I see one I will definitely wave, grin etc !

Trading in my smart and always wave in that. Previously had MR2 and then a Scooby all of which owners wave to each other - oh how I would hate to ever drive a Ford Focus or any other " common" car !!!!!!!!

I always acknowledge drivers of the same car as mine by waving or just raising a hand, but often it is just met with a bemused look!

Will keep doing it though.

I started doing it many years ago when riding motorcycles, riders always raised a hand when passing other riders...don't know if that is still the case as I haven't ridden on the road for some years.

I also rode motorcycles for a long time & they were British such as BSA's etc so always waved as did I as a Mini owner. When I see an iQ (possibility of seeing aliens first) I shall certainly smile.

This is really nice to see, when I had my Aygo it was the world cup and I had it detailed in football emblems etc etc... always used to wave at other Aygo owners, and when I got lost in London well I never felt so welcome =) Shame I got a Corolla SR, still quite rare, but most of the owners of these cars are OAP and when I wave they look quite offended :unsure:

I think a wave would be kool, just haven't seen anyone else yet :-)

I have a mirror at back of my garage & always wave to the purple one I see everytime I put the car away :lol:

This was a popular endeavour for MINI owners when they were first released in 2001... because they were so rare back then that it was amazing to see another on the road so you'd give each other a flash and a wave....

Now every other car on the road is a MINI so I don't think they do it anymore! :lol:

I must admit, I've not seen an iQ on the road at all around my area....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links