Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Added The Premium Sound System?

tallman

How about this:

I had a serious set up in my Williams with amps & components etc & have to say I find the iQ quite powerful enough with a lovely tone. I must admit I am one of the people that tends to laugh at people with small engine cars & great big thudding stereos when they weigh the car up with Speakers & bass boxes so it goes even slower! Always compensating for the lack of power :lol: I think I will be spending my money on the suspension first & foremost to get it handling a lot better without the body roll it has now.

• 2 months later...

I got the JBL upgraded sound system. It was about £600 extra but I think worth it. Sounds better than pretty much any car audio system I've heard before. But I don't like that there is no where to put your iPod :( have to have it on the passenger seat

Hi Ollie, quick question - the upgraded sound system comes with an amp and sub no?

where are they fitted? the boot is tiny as it is!

No idea where the amp is actually, but the sub is in the back somewhere. I've yet to find it, but haven't really looked, I asked my dealer when I picked it up and they couldn't give me an answer. But in the booklet it says its in 'the rear'. So its anyones guess. I'll have a look see tonight.

Its a 110 watt sub so it can't be that small!

god knows where they've put it! the amp (I'm guessing) would be under the passenger seat perhaps?

but the sub must be somewhere near the boot.....perhaps under the rear seat?

Just curious, as I'd like to upgrade but am worried about the loss of space.

god knows where they've put it! the amp (I'm guessing) would be under the passenger seat perhaps?

but the sub must be somewhere near the boot.....perhaps under the rear seat?

Just curious, as I'd like to upgrade but am worried about the loss of space.

By the looks of the instructions it seems the amp is under the seat, but I don't see a sub, maybe the JBL premium sound for the IQ doesn't have it? although it is included other Toyota models such as the RAV4,LC120 & LC200

the brochure I had specified an included Sub......tbh, there's no point in an amp without one!

I can't agree with you on that statement, if you're upgrading your door and/or side Speakers, to a larger or more powerful ones, it offers quite a benefit running them from an dedicated amp than the one built in the radio, but I'm just mostly curious about this speaker upgrade, if it does include a sub or not, I was wondering if you have located it?

Well, may I make a bold suggestion to you IQ Lovers out there !

Let's all meet up for an IQ Rally and then we can hear those beefed up sound systems & admire everyone's modified IQ's !

I am very interested in having upgraded Speakers but I am wary of doing so until I can hear & see the end result in the IQ...

• 2 weeks later...
I got the JBL upgraded sound system. It was about £600 extra but I think worth it. Sounds better than pretty much any car audio system I've heard before. But I don't like that there is no where to put your iPod :( have to have it on the passenger seat

I use vecro dots on mine. :rolleyes:

stick it just below the climate controls.

th_01976_velcro_dots_122_120lo.jpg