Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Cts!

porky

:lol: Wooohoooo, i just picked up my CTS yesterday and am loving it!!! Had a question about how it should be driven when it has just been picked up. Some people have been telling me that i should be easing it in, taking it easy and keeping speed and revs low, is that true? Or can i start driving it how it should be driven straight away? :D

Yeah, i think you're supposed to run it in gently for the first 500-600 miles,

keeping it at no more than 2000-3000 rpm......

Dont hold me to that though, its just what i was told when i got my car. But then again mines a Yaris T-sport......

Lee

Read this and understand why you should drive it HARD from day 1!

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Congratulations to your new car, you will be very pleased with it :thumbsup:

Very interesting that mate. Just goes to show all the different advice you get off people......... Sometimes you dont know what to do for the best! :wacko:

Lee

Read this and understand why you should drive it HARD from day 1!

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Congratulations to your new car, you will be very pleased with it :thumbsup:

Very interesting that mate. Just goes to show all the different advice you get off people......... Sometimes you dont know what to do for the best! :wacko:

Lee

Yeah, well i believe in what this page says. These people really knows how a engine works so i believe them.

I hit hicam on my CTS 1st day and it feels very healthy today with no problems with engine whatsoever.

It would be interesting to messure compression in my engine compared to one that had easy wear in.

Can someone tell me how to add a picture of my pocket rocket to this site. :help:

Go into "My controls" in the top of the page, then "Edit signature"

Press the button IMG (for image) and the window that will popup asks you for the URL to the image you wanna use. You need to have the picture somewhere on a server, not on your local harddrive.