Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car!

saltyhair81

Hello,

I purchased a Corolla Compressor from Bradford Toyota last week. Received the car on Friday and have fallen in love with it, amazing piece of kit.

I can't recommend them enough and buying the car over the phone, took a huge risk which paid off in the end!

Few questions about the car, I have read that there is no MPG display, is this true? I haven’t been able to find it so far!

I also have a squeak when touching the accelerator when you change gear. It sounds like there maybe a squeak from the super charger belt which could do with tightening. Is this a common problem? The car has 12 months warranty so I will be getting it booked in and sorted unless anyone can advise me if this is an easy fix?

Are there many southern members who have the compressors on here? I know there are only 250 in the UK but it was worth an ask! :lol:

Hello to the rest of you, look forward to meeting at some local meets :D

Dont really know much about the compressors but you should have a trip computer displaying the mpg mine was set to some wierd km average or summin but if you push the tone button a few fines you can change it there to display mpg

hi. i have a compressor. they dont come with an MPG calculator because it is unable to calculate it with the supercharger bolted onto the engine. and tbh i dont think i actually want to know what it is lol. i worked it out myself and i got about 23mpg and that was just granny driving it around lol

Nope,

The Compressor can't calculate the MPG etc. It's something to do with the TTE Charger. For some reason it stops it from working...

As far as I'm aware nobodty with a compressor can get it to work, I believe a few peole have even E-Mail TTE about it but were told it can't be fixed?

Average MPG on a Comp is around... 22-23 MPG. :P

Not fussed on MPG to be honest, I have had cars that have done 10-12mpg before, so this is like a breath of fresh air. I got 300 miles to 42 quid of v power which works out slightly over 31mpg, but most of that was motorway. Still not bad though.

I read in the owner’s manual that you couldn't get MPG although I thought it was worth checking.

As for this squeak, anyone had anything similar?

My car squeaks in a few different areas.. My Clutch pedal squeaks alot and my gear linkages (i think) also squeak. Squeaks when i put it in 1st or 5th. But only those gears.

Glad it's under warranty then. I better book the car in for them to look at it! One question, it only does it when I change gear and then apply pressure to the accelerator. If I rev it from standstill there is no noise. Does that sound like the problem? I had a feeling it could be the bearing in the super charger!

yeah i emailed TTE, the trip computer can't cope with the impact the supercharger makes.

as the supercharger on these has it's own clutch, don't think it's engaged till 2200rpm, so you might not hear it while revving on spot

as you've got car from dealer, they've probably not put v-power in it

so run the tank low, an next time you fill up with v power reset the ecu, cos when normal fuel is used it goes in to a lower power setting

turn key to Battery, wait for ecu light to stop flasing, hold accelerator down for bout 40sec until ecu light flahes again, an back to full power mode!!!

P.S......................HAVE FUN!!!!!! LOL

is tha setting purely for the compressor or can it work on the t sport ?

is tha setting purely for the compressor or can it work on the t sport ?

thats just for compressor, there is a way for t sport but not sure my self, there should be someone to tell soon

thats just for compressor, there is a way for t sport but not sure my self, there should be someone to tell soon

what does it actually do to the car, why would the car change from a standard setting ?

the compressor is only meant to be run on 98 ron fuel or above because of the supercharger. there are warnings all over the fuel cap. if anythin less goes in the ecu drops into a lower map and you loose alot of power to stop any damage happenin to the engine

I get the same squeak on the accelerator pedal. Just assumed the linkage needed greasing but reading some of the earlier replies i'm now concerned its something more sinister. Car goes back in for rear shocks tomorrow (warranty job) so i guess i'll be getting them to look into the annoying squeak. Does only seem to happen through gentle pressure on the pedal though. If you floor it then the squeak is not apparent.

Any thoughts?

Chris

I get the same squeak on the accelerator pedal. Just assumed the linkage needed greasing but reading some of the earlier replies i'm now concerned its something more sinister. Car goes back in for rear shocks tomorrow (warranty job) so i guess i'll be getting them to look into the annoying squeak. Does only seem to happen through gentle pressure on the pedal though. If you floor it then the squeak is not apparent.

Any thoughts? prob the springs and bolts on the front pipe to manifold joint had them replaced on mine common apparently.

Chris

In the process of booking mine in now. I'll let people know what’s up with it as soon as it comes back. Fingers crossed they can fit me in ASAP as I have only had the car a week. From reading peoples replies, I will be getting used to going to Toyota!! How much is the extended warranty out of interest?

Ok booked my car in for the second of April. Questions.... does it sound correct that there is a £55 charge for half an hour labour to investigate the problem? They have just told me that this is apparently true for all Toyota dealers, but when I used to work for landrover, anything under warranty was free - hence warranty?

Any ideas, is this correct?

Tell them that April fools day is on the 1st not 2nd :lol:

I've never heard something so ridiculous... my local Mr T are more than happy to look at anything with no charge... and i don't have a warranty ;)

I'm going to try popping into another Toyota Dealer tomorrow as I’m actually off work. I will see what they say and bring my documents with me.

I luckily have about 5 local Toyota dealers so I have a good choice. I have never heard of anything so stupid, as the dealers actually get paid by Toyota for doing the warranty work.

Cheeky gits.

yeah havin you off there mate, warranty means you don't pay a penny!!!!

my local dealer is good, even repleaced the brake's under warrnaty!!! :D

Well I thought the same thing so called another dealer and they said it was all free so booked it in with them. It goes in on the 6th to get sorted. I have cancelled the other booking and am going to email Toyota to let them know that one of their dealers is trying to gain out of warranty jobs. I think they will find that very interesting, as I have NEVER heard of this before. Avoid Croydon Toyota basically!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, car has just come back from the stealership.

Before I start, Abbey Toyota in Redhill seem to be a cracking bunch of people, would recommend them.

They have suggested the squeak is coming from the bolts and springs attached to the exhaust/downpipe/manifold somewhere. They have emailed toyota regarding part numbers and will be booking the car back in to change these very soon.

If this solves the problem, that is what my squeak noise was so I will keep this thread updated. ;)

Well, car has just come back from the stealership.

Before I start, Abbey Toyota in Redhill seem to be a cracking bunch of people, would recommend them.

They have suggested the squeak is coming from the bolts and springs attached to the exhaust/downpipe/manifold somewhere. They have emailed toyota regarding part numbers and will be booking the car back in to change these very soon.

If this solves the problem, that is what my squeak noise was so I will keep this thread updated. ;)

same as mine then,not a sound out of mine now the springs and bolts are on. :D

• 1 month later...

Ok, just got my car back but the noise is still there :-(

I will call them tomorrow and book it back in. Wonder what they want to change next, I still think as previously stated it could be the super charger bearings.

Will keep people posted for others with the same problem.

Ok, just got my car back but the noise is still there :-(

I will call them tomorrow and book it back in. Wonder what they want to change next, I still think as previously stated it could be the super charger bearings.

Will keep people posted for others with the same problem.

You must be near me then, I'm Horsham way. I'm not going to bore you with all my issues, you can find them in here somewhere. As dealerships are franchises they seem to do what they like. I had issues with my warranty at my local garage, they turned out to be quite rude and very awkward. Had to take it elsewhere where they were great. Problem I had was buying car from one dealership and trying to have problems resolved elsewhere, there was real tit-for-tat arguments between them, they seemed to forget the customer care bit!

Onto your squeak, I've had this too. Mine was the bush and springs on the bottom of the manifold as people mentioned above. Took to one dealership and they 'solved' the problem briefly, they just greased the parts which mad it quieter for a bit then it returned. Had the bush and springs replaced which solved the problem for a bit but it has returned. Will be taking mine to my local non-MrT soon to have it resolved as they are all rubbish.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links